2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think Obama has intentionally done it, but I think he absolutely has caused race relations to get worse regardless. The way he has acted and dealt with racial issues has only caused things to get worse.
He has caused race relations to be worse because he comments on race-related incidents?

And who exactly gets riled up by these comments?

explain how you see these comments affecting each race?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Obama hasn't exactly killed it race relations-wise. But he also happened to be the first guy to be president when everyone in the country had the ability tape police officers. This was going to go poorly regardless of who had to deal with that.
I think him getting involved with the college professor in the ivy school incident was not handled well.

But I don't understand how him comparing himself to Trayvon sent people into a tizzy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Our resident race baiter doesn't see how Obama has made a mess of race relations in this country.

Now there's a fucking shocker.

dallen

Senior Tech
Blaming Obama for race relations in this country is like blaming Jackie Robinson for racists in baseball. He just brought this stuff to the surface. It has always been there

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think him getting involved with the college professor in the ivy school incident was not handled well.

But I don't understand how him comparing himself to Trayvon sent people into a tizzy.
I guess you missed Ferguson and Baltimore too? Interesting how he only responds to this domestic type issues when it's #blacklivesmatter situations. Pot-stirrer-in-chief

Jiggyfly

Banned
I guess you missed Ferguson and Baltimore too? Interesting how he only responds to this domestic type issues when it's #blacklivesmatter situations. Pot-stirrer-in-chief
So commenting on something is stirring the pot?

So why is it not pot stirring Rand Paul comments on it, is he race baiting as well?

townsend

Banned
So what's the specific criticism for Obama here? There's a race problem in this country, should he have just stayed mum on it to satisfy people (who voted against him) that don't want to talk about it?

townsend

Banned
So commenting on something is stirring the pot?

So why is it not pot stirring Rand Paul comments on it, is he race baiting as well?
One of the reasons I was able to sell Rand Paul to liberals is because he's willing to talk about the war on drugs and how it disproportionately affects blacks and impoverished. That kind of all went out the window when he jumped on the "defund PP" bandwagon. But especially among republicans I think Rand has been the first to touch on 21st century concepts of racism.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
So what's the specific criticism for Obama here? There's a race problem in this country, should he have just stayed mum on it to satisfy people (who voted against him) that don't want to talk about it?
He has an obvious agenda based on which issues he interjects himself in and which ones he ignores. He stays mum when it's a similar issue involving a white victim. At least he's now a lame duck with less than a year left in office. Good riddance.

townsend

Banned
He has an obvious agenda based on which issues he interjects himself in and which ones he ignores. He stays mum when it's a similar issue involving a white victim. At least he's now a lame duck with less than a year left in office. Good riddance.
You're not actually answering the question. What specifically has he said or done that you have felt worsened tenuous race relations?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You're not actually answering the question. What specifically has he said or done that you have felt worsened tenuous race relations?
I believe it's already been mentioned. He'lll use his pulpit in the Trayvon case, the false 'hands up don't shoot' Ferguson situation, Baltimore riots, etc. Popping off immediately on these issues and involving Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch further pushing a divide and riling up the situation. Yet he never comes out when it's a black on black or black on white or black on police crime. He's not much different than Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton is this regard.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I believe it's already been mentioned. He'lll use his pulpit in the Trayvon case, the false 'hands up don't shoot' Ferguson situation, Baltimore riots, etc. Popping off immediately on these issues and involving Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch further pushing a divide and riling up the situation. Yet he never comes out when it's a black on black or black on white or black on police crime. He's not much different than Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton is this regard.
:lol

townsend

Banned
The Head of State doesn't pop off, and it's his business to comment on anything as weird and broken as Ferguson, since it's happening in his country. The racial divide existed, that's why these things deserved to be commented on. The justice system was being used to oppress people so a justice dept inquiry was needed. It seems like a bizarre expectation for the president, who swore to uphold the constitution, to just chill about domestic tyranny.

To me, it seems like your blaming Obama for saying anything but, "Nothing to see here, racism doesn't exist." Which would be cowardly. Now certainly abuse of police powers happen to others (particularly Native American) but racist two tiered policing, and extortion, abuse, and execution of blacks by police are so common place we can't expect any leader to pretend it isn't real.

Now I do agree with the Trayvon Martin verdict to a degree (I think self defense was technically satisfied), but I also understand the outrage of some doofus with no authority whatsoever, stalking a kid with a gun so he could play at being action man.

Should the president give a shit about more white people gunned down for dumb reasons? Probably but white people don't really care either.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Head of State doesn't pop off, and it's his business to comment on anything as weird and broken as Ferguson, since it's happening in his country. The racial divide existed, that's why these things deserved to be commented on. The justice system was being used to oppress people so a justice dept inquiry was needed. It seems like a bizarre expectation for the president, who swore to uphold the constitution, to just chill about domestic tyranny.

To me, it seems like your blaming Obama for saying anything but, "Nothing to see here, racism doesn't exist." Which would be cowardly. Now certainly a use of police powers happen to others (particularly Native American) but racist two tiered policing, and extortion, abuse, and execution of blacks by police are so common place we can't expect any leader to pretend it isn't real.

Now I do agree with the Trayvon Martin verdict to a degree (I think self defense was technically satisfied), but I also understand the outrage of some doofus with no authority whatsoever, stalking a kid with a gun so he could play at being action man.

Should the president give a shit about more white people gunned down for dumb reasons? Probably but white people font really care either.
Yep.

I really wanted somebody to drill down on the specifics but there seems to not be any.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

To me, it seems like your blaming Obama for saying anything but, "Nothing to see here, racism doesn't exist." Which would be cowardly. Now certainly abuse of police powers happen to others (particularly Native American) but racist two tiered policing, and extortion, abuse, and execution of blacks by police are so common place we can't expect any leader to pretend it isn't real.

Should the president give a shit about more white people gunned down for dumb reasons? Probably but white people don't really care either.
I think VA' s point is there are some circumstances where the court system needs to be played out first before the President offers an opinion. He is the President of both the alleged victims and oppressor and it is incumbent on the judiciary to determine guilt or innocence before personal opinions are rendered at that level.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think VA' s point is there are some circumstances where the court system needs to be played out first before the President offers an opinion. He is the President of both the alleged victims and oppressor and it is incumbent on the judiciary to determine guilt or innocence before personal opinions are rendered at that level.
He has always said let the system run its course, he has never laid blame on anybody in these instances.

What opinion has he given?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He has always said let the system run its course, he has never laid blame on anybody in these instances.

What opinion has he given?
Any comment made at that level when there is controversy will be viewed as opinionated.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Any comment made at that level when there is controversy will be viewed as opinionated.
If it's Obama.

And it still does not answer the question of you bringing up the court, as if he made a comment on innocence or guilt.

Why no issue with comments from Rand Paul or any other Senator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom