Free Agency and Maximizing Romo's Window

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
During Jerrys interview yesterday he said Romo isn't doing the plate
If I recall correctly, his exact words were, "I wouldn't recommend it".

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If I recall correctly, his exact words were, "I wouldn't recommend it".
I didn't hear the interview only saw tweets so don't know the accuracy but tweet I saw Jerry said Romo would not be getting it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't hear the interview only saw tweets so don't know the accuracy but tweet I saw Jerry said Romo would not be getting it.
Of course not. Dr. Jerry has spoken.

p1_

DCC 4Life
All signs point to the 2014 as an aberration/perfect storm for Romo:

*started 15 games
*had a dominant run game,
*a stellar line,
*super protection,
*perfect health from 1) line, 2) running back and 3) receivers.

None of that will likely happen again I think. Therefore, 2014 won't magically occur again. It simply can't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
During Jerrys interview yesterday he said Romo isn't doing the plate
Yeah I saw that Jerry said that and I saw that Romo had basically said the opposite. Doesn't sound like they are on the same page at this point. I guess I don't get why he wouldn't? Clearly Romo is susceptible to injuries on that collarbone for whatever reason. Why wouldn't you try and prevent it from happening again by inserting a small plate?

townsend

Banned
All signs point to the 2014 as an aberration/perfect storm for Romo:

*started 15 games
*had a dominant run game,
*a stellar line,
*super protection,
*perfect health from 1) line, 2) running back and 3) receivers.

None of that will likely happen again I think. Therefore, 2014 won't magically occur again. It simply can't.
He usually starts about 15 games. It may be that Romo has a fragile collar bone now or that his age will cause him to have more injuries. But if you're looking at his career the only thing atypical about 2014 was the strong line.
Which is still our most talented unit. It wasn't perfectly healthy in 2014 either, Leary and Free both missed time.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He usually starts about 15 games. It may be that Romo has a fragile collar bone now or that his age will cause him to have more injuries. But if you're looking at his career the only thing atypical about 2014 was the strong line.
Which is still our most talented unit. It wasn't perfectly healthy in 2014 either, Leary and Free both missed time.
We dicked around with retards at RB and failed at backup QB and WR. The 11th hour trades for Michael, Cassel, and Butler prove this.

Just keep building and the team should be markedly better. Amazingly enough, the core outside Romo and Witten is very young.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really worried about the collarbone. Nothing about either of the hits he took that broke it this year looked serious at all. He is going to take more of those hits no matter how good the O-line is or how dominant the running game is. I honestly don't have any reason to believe he won't break it again.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Same collarbone broken 3 times already. And like you said, not crushing blows.
It will happen again.

Top Bottom