Draft Chatter Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
A.J. McCarron Holds Semi-Pro Day

DJ Gallo Mar 31st, 2014

Former Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron held his semi-pro day today in a vacant lot just off the Alabama campus in Tuscaloosa. As many as seven semi-pro scouts watched McCarron, representing fifth-rate football leagues and low-end arena teams, mostly from the Gulf Coast region.

“I liked what I saw,” said Jimbo Wilson, owner, head coach and head scout of the Biloxi (Miss.) Bashers. “There are some football skills there. I think A.J. could be a good addition to our squad as a backup quarterback and volunteer grounds crew chief.”

Jeff Mathew, the owner, head coach, offensive coordinator, marketing director and starting wide receiver for the Decatur Sun Monsters of Arena League 10 said McCarron didn’t impress him.

“I think he showed today that he won in college only because of the talent around him,” said Mathew. “We play quality football in Arena League 10. A few of our guys are under 40. Almost half played high school football. I don’t think A.J. has the arm strength to compete.”

McCarron’s NFL draft stock has soured in recent months to the point his agent, Todd France, organized an event for non-traditional football teams in hope of getting his client some kind of employment in the sport, even if it’s 10 bucks for a few games in the fall. CFL and Arena League teams all declined, but France was able to get some lukewarm interest at the lowest levels of the sport.

“I thought A.J. was lights-out today,” said Cleveland Browns general manger Ray Farmer. “I would love to see him starting for us in Week 1.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His agent is claiming that it was dehydration but that sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. Seantrel Henderson has all the talent in the world the question is if he will ever find a coach who can motivate him and get him to actually tap into that potential. Regardless his stock has to be falling after this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
His agent is claiming that it was dehydration but that sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. Seantrel Henderson has all the talent in the world the question is if he will ever find a coach who can motivate him and get him to actually tap into that potential. Regardless his stock has to be falling after this.
Wouldn't touch a player like this with a ten foot pole.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
UDFA, then send him to the asthma field 4-5 times, see if he can handle it.
I think he may be headed for UDFA.

After that it kind of depends on what teams he lands with. He could be the next Burfict or he could be out of the league in a couple years.

D

Deuce

I'm very disappointed in this kid. He was a pet cat of mine cause he could be a steal with his ability. But you can't fix the retard gene.

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

Good job posting about a non-draft eligible player in the Draft Chattet Thread.

Cotton

Staff member
Good job posting about a non-draft eligible player in the Draft Chattet Thread.
I figured the "chattet" thread could use it.

Carl

RIP Brother
Curtis Conway on Path to the Draft loves Taj Boyd. Anyone else? I thought two months ago he was undraftable; what am I missing?

dallen

Senior Tech
Arkansas was one of the finalists when he was being recruited. From what I read at the time this is not surprising

D

Deuce

Curtis Conway on Path to the Draft loves Taj Boyd. Anyone else? I thought two months ago he was undraftable; what am I missing?
I'm not a huge fan, but you seem to be underrating all the QBs in this draft.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
McCarron: Katherine Webb's reality show her business, not yours

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: April 9, 2014 at 12:00 p.m.
Updated: April 9, 2014 at 03:43 p.m.

Call it Hard Knocks, of a different sort.

Former Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron's dive into marital bliss with girlfriend and model Katherine Webb will be made into a reality television show. The wedding, set for July 11, will come just before McCarron's rookie season with whichever NFL club selects him next month in the NFL draft.

"They've already started filming during the proposal," said Katherine's sister, Laurie Webb, according to theplainsman.com. "From what I understood, it came from someone else. I don't think they were trying to get into a reality show, I think they just had the opportunity and decided to take it."

According to Laurie Webb, the show will focus on the wedding planning, leading up to the wedding ceremony itself being televised. While a group of producers is currently working on the show, no network has been chosen to air the program yet. But while the report suggests McCarron and Webb will be participating in the show together, McCarron suggested otherwise on Twitter Wednesday:

Based on that, it sounds as though the show may be based far more on Webb's wedding planning than whatever McCarron's role might be. According to NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks, McCarron's draft status wouldn't be adversely affected even if he were to appear in the reality series.

"AJ McCarron's participation in a reality show will be discussed in meetings, but it shouldn't have any impact on his draft status," Brooks said. "He has been a solid character guy throughout his time at Alabama, so most scouts won't view this as a major deal. Plus, everyone understands his fiancee is an aspiring model/actress and this is part of the deal. Of course, McCarron will need to address all of the particulars of his new show with prospective teams, but I can't imagine it significantly impacting his draft stock in any way."

McCarron, considered one of the top quarterback prospects available in the draft, won two national championships in three seasons as a starter with the Crimson Tide. He has been projected primarily as a second-day draft choice (Rounds 2 and 3), and was impressive both at the NFL Scouting Combine in February and last month at Alabama's pro-day workout.

He became engaged to Webb on March 29.
-------------------

I cannot stand this colossal douchebag.

Top Bottom