Watkins: Cowboys' offseason dates announced

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys' offseason dates announced

April, 3, 2014

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

The NFL released dates Thursday for its teams' offseason programs.

The Cowboys' offseason program starts April 21. The first of several organized team activities begins May 27-29, followed by June 2, June 4-5 and June 9-12.

It will be interesting to see if quarterback Tony Romo is a participant in OTAs. Team officials say Romo should be recovered from back surgery, but if not there could be concern over whether he'll be ready for training camp.

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Romo is ahead of schedule. All indications are Romo will be ready in some fashion for OTAs.

Mandatory minicamp will take place June 17-19. Not only is Romo's participation in that even important, so is that of newly signed defensive tackle Henry Melton. He's recovering from a torn ACL, suffered in the third game of the 2013 season with the Chicago Bears.

Melton might not be ready for the minicamp, but team officials aren't overly concerned because there's an expectation he should be available for training camp in late July.

The NFL draft is May 8-10.

hstour

Brand New Member
Got my hopes up. I need them to release training camp dates.

The girls want to go to Disneyland and Hollywood this summer. And I'd like to combine that with a few days in Oxnard. The Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach is a really nice hotel. If you get up early like I do, you can watch a school of dolphin cruise by the shore as they feed.

Might as well make it when I could hit a day at training camp too.

D

Deuce

The girls want to go to Disneyland and Hollywood this summer. And I'd like to combine that with a few days in Oxnard. The Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach is a really nice hotel. If you get up early like I do, you can watch a school of dolphin cruise by the shore as they feed.

Disneyland is a long drive from Oxnard.

Carl

RIP Brother

Hollywood is a total dump. You will be extremely disappointed if you go. And as Deuce said, Oxnard to Anaheim is not the shortest of drives.

hstour

Brand New Member
Hollywood is a total dump. You will be extremely disappointed if you go. And as Deuce said, Oxnard to Anaheim is not the shortest of drives.
Yeah, but it is fun drive up PCH1 in a convertible Mustang with the top down. :cool:

Made the same trip last year for my best friend's wedding in May. Stayed at the Double Tree Anaheim for 3 nights while a bunch of the families attending took their kids to Disneyland. Then drove up to Oxnard for the weekend (the wedding was at the Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach).

And the girls are huge Marilyn Monroe fans so that would be the reason for going to Hollywood. See her hand prints at Mann's theater, her star on the walk of fame, other Hollywood "touristy" things, etc. And catch a taping of the Late Late Show (did that last year too).

Carp

DCC 4Life
More vacation plans in the thread please.

Cotton

Staff member
More vacation plans in the thread please.
I'm planning on going camping here in a couple of weeks. At a state park. With my camper.

Cotton

Staff member
That's code for "I won't have Internet".

~Carp rejoices~
I will always have my phone. Plus, I can now tether my phone so I will also have the tablet/laptop option as well. :towel

D

Deuce

I will always have my phone. Plus, I can now tether my phone so I will also have the tablet/laptop option as well. :towel
What real outdoorsman goes camping to a place where you can get cell reception?

Oh wait, I forgot...you use a camper.

Cotton

Staff member
What real outdoorsman goes camping to a place where you can get cell reception?

Oh wait, I forgot...you use a camper.
Damn right. And it has an AC and a fridge. When you have kids (especially a prissy little girl) it makes it much more enjoyable to have a camper.

hstour

Brand New Member
I didn't realize you were a girl.
Nothing wrong with driving one of the original muscle cars. What would you counter with something Mopar? Chevy?

They both gave up on their muscle cars until recently.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nothing wrong with driving one of the original muscle cars. What would you counter with something Mopar? Chevy?

Not too many Mustangs have been deemed as muscle cars. The Boss is the first I remember then the Mach. The Olds 442 was one of the best.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm just poking fun, but I am a pretty big fan of my Dodge Challenger.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Not too many Mustangs have been deemed as muscle cars. The Boss is the first I remember then the Mach. The Olds 442 was one of the best.
The 70-72 Olds 442 with the 455 Rocket engine was the coolest car of all time.

Top Bottom