Early entrants for 2014 NFL Draft

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ryan Shazier and Sammy Watkins declared, Brett Hundley says he's returning.
I see a few mocks with us taking Shazier. Sorry, I don't like the idea of taking another Ohio State linebacker.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I see a few mocks with us taking Shazier. Sorry, I don't like the idea of taking another Ohio State linebacker.
You can't deny his production and I understand the theory that he would be a great fit in a Tampa-2 as the weakside LB with his athleticism but the guy looks really small to me, almost like a safety. I'm very curious to see what he measures at the combine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a Big Ten fan and I'd say hell no. Unless he displays some 4.4 type speed we would have to be crazy to consider a skinny 4-3 LBer in the middle of the first round. I also think using high draft picks on LBers in this defense is a huge waste.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I have that same problem with anything LSU....

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Apparently DeAnthony Thomas is declaring, I'd be interested in him in the 3rd as a possible Sproles/Woodhead type.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

D

Deuce

@BrianHamiltonSI BREAKING: #NotreDame DE Stephon Tuitt tells SI he will enter the NFL Draft.

D

Deuce

UCF RB Storm Johnson declares for NFL draft.

Great player a lot of times, but he coughs it up too often. Fix that and you got a player.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ronald Powell from Florida is a guy I'd look at in the 3rd-5th area, Lache Seastrunk declared too, another guy I'd be interested in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
UAB junior RB Darrin Reaves will declare for the NFL draft.

His father, Darrin, said his son has filed the paperwork. "He went through the advisory process and got a fourth round grade," Reaves' father said. "It's hard not to take that, considering the circumstances. His goal is not just to be a great college running back, but to make it to the league." Reaves led UAB with 928 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns on 201 carries in 2013. "I feel like I am ready to take the next step in my life," Reaves said in a UAB release.
-------------------------

Louisville junior S Calvin Pryor "is a stud," according to NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

"He can play in the box or deep. Love his aggressiveness, instincts and ball skills," Jeremiah tweeted. Pryor is leaving Louisville earlier and could remind some of Jonathan Cyprien from last season. that type of interchangeable piece is coveted by NFL teams.
--------------------

Oregon junior RB/WR De'Anthony Thomas will declare for the NFL draft.

Thomas will be seen as a luxury in the NFL, and it could be argued he was considered that this year for the Ducks. His career could travel in the way of Darren Sproles', which is best case scenario, or Dexter McCluster's, a role player who has not lived up to expectations. Every team might not be a great fit, but we would not be surprised if Thomas lands in the late second-round. He registered 246 yards and one touchdown through the air in 2013, while totaling 594 yards and another eight scores on the ground.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Johnny Manziel, QB Texas AM
Vic Beasley, DE/OLB Clemson
Xavier Grimble, TE USC
Terrance West, RB Towson
Willie Snead, WR Ball State
Josh Stewart, WR Oklahoma St.
James Wilder Jr., RB FSU
Greg Robinson, OT Auburn
Henry Josey, RB Missouri

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
George Atkinson, RB Notre Dame
Adrian Hubbard, OLB/DE Alabama
Cyrus Kouandijo, OT Alabama
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S Alabama Dallas Cowboys 2014 1st Round Pick

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Timmy Jernigan declared as well, in a bit of a surprise a few guys who were considered locks to be 1st round locks are returning in Cameron Erving and Cedric Ogbuehi.

Top Bottom