NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm starting to sour on Kyrie a bit. He can't stay healthy and I don't think he makes others better.
He could do a better job of making his teammates better, but he's still young and has a chance to improve his game.

Besides, of Lebron were to go back, he'd be the playmaker anyway.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is good for the Bulls, though I would have liked a pick this year.

They did not really get "value" for Luol Deng, but the real value is they are ridding themselves of a player they over-relied on and were never going to win a championship with as their second option, which given Boozer's decline, was the reality they were facing. They had way too much money tied up in a trio of Rose-Deng-Boozer-Noah and simply not enough offense out of those four contracts that basically eat up every ounce of their cap space moving forward.

I agree with Simp. Now that Deng is gone, part off Hinrich and Dunleavy too, and if you can find a taker for Boozer, even better. Literally anything works. If not, amnesty him.

Next year your core is:

Rose
Butler
Noah
Mirotic
Top 10 Pick
Top 15 Pick
Cap Space
Agreed.

Hopefully the Kings can get out of the top 10 in the next few years, if so we should have another 1st in the mid-teens range. I'd like to keep Dunleavy as he is relatively cheap and would be good off the bench next year but that's a relatively minor consideration with regard to the big picture.

I read that the Bulls front office is committed to improving their position in this draft and that this isn't their last move, so I expect more guys will be let go.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Agreed.

Hopefully the Kings can get out of the top 10 in the next few years, if so we should have another 1st in the mid-teens range. I'd like to keep Dunleavy as he is relatively cheap and would be good off the bench next year but that's a relatively minor consideration with regard to the big picture.

I read that the Bulls front office is committed to improving their position in this draft and that this isn't their last move, so I expect more guys will be let go.
What do you mean, Kings? You mean Cavs?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What do you mean, Kings? You mean Cavs?
I believe the pick they sent us is from Sacramento and is top 10 protected in 2015, 16 and 17, and if we don't get it in 2017 we just end up with their 2nd round pick.

We basically traded Deng for nothing although there is probably a decent chance the Kings can get out of the top 10 by 2017. The real value of it is enhancing our first this year, if we go from the 12-16 range to the 4-8 range, it's worth it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I believe the pick they sent us is from Sacramento and is top 10 protected in 2015, 16 and 17, and if we don't get it in 2017 we just end up with their 2nd round pick.

We basically traded Deng for nothing although there is probably a decent chance the Kings can get out of the top 10 by 2017. The real value of it is enhancing our first this year, if we go from the 12-16 range to the 4-8 range, it's worth it.
Oh. I thought it was their own pick. And I thought I read the pick was top 14 protected in 2015.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is what I read:

2014 first round draft pick from Sacramento - Sacramento's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-12 in 2014, 1-10 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016 or 1-10 in 2017; if Sacramento has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Cleveland by 2017, then Sacramento will instead convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011]

I already wrote off this year since there is no way they get out of the top 12 but they could make it out of the top 10 in one of the next three years, especially once they land a top 6 pick this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Looks like you are right.

Where did you read the Bulls management is committed to pawning off more assets?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Looks like you are right.

Where did you read the Bulls management is committed to pawning off more assets?
Just some tweets I read on a Bulls message board from various media people, one said that they aren't done making moves and the other said this trade was all about tanking.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just some tweets I read on a Bulls message board from various media people, one said that they aren't done making moves and the other said this trade was all about tanking.
Well let's hope so.

If we can get rid of Hinrich and one of Boozer or MDJ, we could hit top 5 territory.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Any comments from Rose on the direction of the team?

I know he may be a little butthurt that the band is being broken up but the Bulls can't sit around forever praying that he manages to get healthy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Any comments from Rose on the direction of the team?

I know he may be a little butthurt that the band is being broken up but the Bulls can't sit around forever praying that he manages to get healthy.
I haven't seen anything, but this is the same guy whose brother has been going around saying Rose would consider leaving if they don't get more talent.

Can't have it both ways. This is how you get better.... bottom out. In a year where Derrick isn't even playing, it makes sense. Get some talented rooks, sign a free agent (they may have enough to make a run at Lance Stephenson, apparently), and you're reloaded.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rose and his half-retarded, entitled, leech of a brother can go fly a fucking kite if they don't like it, this was the right move.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Anyone catch that sick dunk by Paul George tonight against the Clips?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Also, Jiggy.....Terrence Jones had one heck of a game tonight.

The Rockets might just have something in him.

1bigfan13

Staff member

It was against the Bucks. 'Nuff said.

Kidding. Jones has been a nice find. It took him a few years to finally get it going but that's to be expected with most of these 1 and done players.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Yeah he is a keeper but he has to get a lot better as a positional defensive player and outside shooter to really take this team to the next level but that's to be expected with any second year player.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It was against the Bucks. 'Nuff said.

Kidding. Jones has been a nice find. It took him a few years to finally get it going but that's to be expected with most of these 1 and done players.
Jones was not 1 and done he played 2 years, and this is his second year in the NBA.

I was already to give you some grief about the last game against the Thunder then we put up that all-time stinker of a second half :picard

I am really impressed with how the Thunder are using there young guys, with Jackson, Lamb, Adams and Jones they are building some impressive depth that will be around awhile if Westbrook can stay healthy they can be top 3 contenders for the next 3 or 4 years.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Jones was not 1 and done he played 2 years, and this is his second year in the NBA.

I was already to give you some grief about the last game against the Thunder then we put up that all-time stinker of a second half :picard

I am really impressed with how the Thunder are using there young guys, with Jackson, Lamb, Adams and Jones they are building some impressive depth that will be around awhile if Westbrook can stay healthy they can be top 3 contenders for the next 3 or 4 years.

My bad. I thought he was only at Kentucky for a year. That's typically the standard, you know.

Regarding Thursday's game, I knew the Rockets couldn't sustain that hot shooting for 4 qtrs. I expected them to cool off but not that much.

Charles Barkley and the Inside the NBA crew killed Dwight Howard after the game and rightfully so. He can't let Perkins and Ibaka outplay him like they did. They not only outplayed him they dominated him.

They were also killing him for that little left-handed shot that he's been using that rarely works.

Jiggyfly

Banned
My bad. I thought he was only at Kentucky for a year. That's typically the standard, you know.

Regarding Thursday's game, I knew the Rockets couldn't sustain that hot shooting for 4 qtrs. I expected them to cool off but not that much.

Charles Barkley and the Inside the NBA crew killed Dwight Howard after the game and rightfully so. He can't let Perkins and Ibaka outplay him like they did. They not only outplayed him they dominated him.

They were also killing him for that little left-handed shot that he's been using that rarely works.
They dominated him because Ibaka got to play off his man and help out all 2nd half, but yeah we have to get better at establishing him as a consistent threat.

Top Bottom