Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
When there is a good chance you are going to get 15-20 yards on a run you run the ball with over a minute in the half with all of the timeouts. That was no reason to go away from the run in .......this situation..... They could have been in Chicago side of the field before they were under a minute. No excuse for that crap at all. You have to adjust to the game that you are in.

Offense underperformed in the passing game.. Defense was the worst that I have seen ever. Coaching was horrid all the way around and Jerry can go F himself.

Yep. I would think this is common sense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He's usually wrong when it comes to Garrett due to his hyperbole, but even this one is too far out there for him.

So maybe think about that when considering what you are saying. It's beyond out in left field.
Look again, smart guy. I wasn't saying Garrett is just as bad as Campo was. All I was saying is it's not such a slam dunk argument as you're making it out to be. Garrett has had a lot more talent to work with, yet in the grand scheme of things, hasn't done a whole lot better. 5-11 to 8-8. Like I said before, BFD. Those three wins look even less impressive when you look at the talent each had to work with. And that is all I was saying. Not my fault you immediately get defensive and wordy whenever somebody has less than glowing things to say about the anointed one.

There are exactly two people that defend him No. Matter. What. That should tell you something.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yes we had that long. And even if we don't score, worst case is we run the clock out or give the ball back without enough time for them to score. But you can certainly start out running then mix in some passes as time winds down. Especially when you consider when you run the ball it's easier to get back to line fast because usually everyone is still near the line of scrimmage.

Btw you love to trot out the argument that someone is only criticizing because it didn't work. That's a specious argument. It didn't work because it was poor strategy. Which makes the criticism warranted.
I agree. Not to mention the fact that we had several runs longer than 10 yards previous and even more 6+ yard runs. We had the ball after the first first down at our 39 with 1:27 and those timeouts. Very easily could have been in their territory with just a couple of runs. Knowing how your team is performing is something that Garrett just ignores. We were running over them and should have continued.

Genghis Khan

104 passing yards for the game is doing his job? I don't think so. He needs to make plays when they present themselves and he sailed more than a few balls over WR heads and had that completely moronic spike on 4th down. Sure, pressure was getting there quick but just throw it up and hope to make a play. Anything is better when you give the team a chance. A spike didn't do that.
Romo is pretty bad at getting the ball to his hot read when an obvious blitz is coming. It was on full display last night.

Genghis Khan

I agree. Not to mention the fact that we had several runs longer than 10 yards previous and even more 6+ yard runs. We had the ball after the first first down at our 39 with 1:27 and those timeouts. Very easily could have been in their territory with just a couple of runs. Knowing how your team is performing is something that Garrett just ignores. We were running over them and should have continued.
Yep. Garrett has poor game awareness.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Exactly, we need to learn how to use our offense...defensively. We know our D is going to struggle, what we have to do is keep them off the field as long as possible by running the ball and set up the play action. Throwing on 1st/2nd down is doing us no favors on 3rd down, and these three and outs just let our D get trashed all over. The only thing our D has going for itself is its opportunism...and last night we were a few near-interceptions from turning things around (perhaps not winning, but likely a one possession game in the fourth quarter).

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Romo is pretty bad at getting the ball to his hot read when an obvious blitz is coming. It was on full display last night.
Yeah, that looks to be getting worse and worse the last couple years. Earlier in his career, he seemed ok with it. But I think he's taken such a beating, as soon as he sees them loading up for a blitz, he starts shitting himself before the ball is snapped.

Genghis Khan

That was a pretty shit play, but overall, in that weather, with the success we were having in the running game (clearly reduced his numbers), I don't blame Romo.
Was McCown and his 350 yards passing playing in different weather?

Genghis Khan

Yeah, that looks to be getting worse and worse the last couple years. Earlier in his career, he seemed ok with it. But I think he's taken such a beating, as soon as he sees them loading up for a blitz, he starts shitting himself before the ball is snapped.
I am guessing he is gunshy from having thrown a few picks in those situations in the past.

Genghis Khan

At least they are not giving us the last second embarrassing losses anymore. They are just embarrassing themselves right out of the gate.

That's gotta be progress.
It got Wade fired. Let's see what happens to the Teflon Don.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yes we had that long.
We did not have 7 minutes to run a drive where we ran the ball 6-8 times. We had a minute and a half.

And even if we don't score, worst case is we run the clock out or give the ball back without enough time for them to score.
Right, and so you are saying, with the benefit of hindsight, that we should have taken the safer approach.

I say there is no problem with "gambling" by trying to get points before the half there. Happens every single week in the NFL. It didn't work, but that doesn't make it a bad decision.

But you can certainly start out running then mix in some passes as time winds down. Especially when you consider when you run the ball it's easier to get back to line fast because usually everyone is still near the line of scrimmage.
Well we threw a complete pass on first down and then suffered an injury which required the use of a timeout. That injury could have happened on a running play just as easily.

Btw you love to trot out the argument that someone is only criticizing because it didn't work. That's a specious argument. It didn't work because it was poor strategy. Which makes the criticism warranted.
It's not poor strategy to pass to try to score before the half.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So did Romo. Chicago's D has been bad this year and they were missing Tillman last night.
And yet ours played infinitely worse than theirs did last night. It's not like, oh, the rankings are close, that means both defenses always play about the same.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Look again, smart guy. I wasn't saying Garrett is just as bad as Campo was.
So you agree with me and Clay that Campo is clearly much worse than Garrett? Good to know.

All I was saying is it's not such a slam dunk argument as you're making it out to be.
Incorrect.

It is a slam dunk. Campo sucked balls. Was one of the worst head coaches we've seen in the NFL in our lifetimes.

Garrett is not.

Two different levels.

Anyone who looks at it objectively.... as noted Garrett hater Clay is admirably doing right now..... would come to the same conclusion.

Garrett has had a lot more talent to work with, yet in the grand scheme of things, hasn't done a whole lot better. 5-11 to 8-8. Like I said before, BFD. Those three wins look even less impressive when you look at the talent each had to work with. And that is all I was saying. Not my fault you immediately get defensive and wordy whenever somebody has less than glowing things to say about the anointed one.
Actually, you were saying you are "not so sure" that Campo was clearly worse than Garrett. If you are rescinding that statement now, great, because it was a dumb thing to say.

If your point is that "in the grand scheme of things" Garrett still hasn't won any playoff games with more talent, well no one disputes that Garrett hasn't accomplished anything despite having more talent.

But that doesn't make him as bad as Campo, no matter how many times Garrett goes 8-8. Campo's shittyness isn't entirely encapsulated simply by his W-L record of 3 straight 5-11 seasons. The guy was a fucking circus clown, and Garrett would literally have to TRY to be that bad.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Why do you dummies argue with Schmitty?

Just nod and smile, bros.

jaf1224

Not So New Member
Arguing about who sucks more... Campo or Garrett. That's like being the tallest midget. Who gives a sh*t.

They both suck as coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom