MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

I want to be mad about the Cubs fans saying Con"fart"o, but god dammit, it is brilliant.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

I want to be mad about the Cubs fans saying Con"fart"o, but god dammit, it is brilliant.
:lol

That is the kind of shit you regularly hear in the Wrigley bleachers. They tend to specialize in using juvenile humor to taunt the opposition, particularly the OFers because they are within earshot. Sometimes they come up with some real gems.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
ATLANTA — The Phillies lost, 2-1, to the Atlanta Braves on Friday night.

The big news from this game, however, was that Vince Velasquez might have made his last start with the Phillies. A major league source told CSNPhilly.com that the Phillies and Texas Rangers are “pretty deep” in trade discussions involving Velasquez. The Rangers, the source said, also have some interest in Jeremy Hellickson, who pitches for the Phillies on Saturday night, but he appears to be a secondary target (see story).

It would take top talent to get Velasquez, a 24-year-old right-hander with a power arm. The Phillies acquired him over the winter from Houston as the centerpiece in the deal that sent Ken Giles to the Astros.

The Rangers had several scouts at the game, including Scott Littlefield, one of their top talent evaluators.

The Rangers’ interest in Velasquez was reported earlier in the week by Jon Morosi of MLB Network.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
ATLANTA — The Phillies lost, 2-1, to the Atlanta Braves on Friday night.

The big news from this game, however, was that Vince Velasquez might have made his last start with the Phillies. A major league source told CSNPhilly.com that the Phillies and Texas Rangers are “pretty deep” in trade discussions involving Velasquez. The Rangers, the source said, also have some interest in Jeremy Hellickson, who pitches for the Phillies on Saturday night, but he appears to be a secondary target (see story).

It would take top talent to get Velasquez, a 24-year-old right-hander with a power arm. The Phillies acquired him over the winter from Houston as the centerpiece in the deal that sent Ken Giles to the Astros.

The Rangers had several scouts at the game, including Scott Littlefield, one of their top talent evaluators.

The Rangers’ interest in Velasquez was reported earlier in the week by Jon Morosi of MLB Network.
Think it has cooled down today. Last I saw was they didnt think a deal was going to get done but that was this morning. Also, dont know if that meant a deal getting done today or at all.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Think it has cooled down today. Last I saw was they didnt think a deal was going to get done but that was this morning. Also, dont know if that meant a deal getting done today or at all.
Who knows this time of year I guess.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Collins run should be over...not his fault, but teams need changes and the Mets need one. His handing of Familia bugs me.

Rev

Staff member
I think Collins run should be over...not his fault, but teams need changes and the Mets need one. His handing of Familia bugs me.
Ron Washington is probably available.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Padres just gave Matt Kemp away to the Braves. Obviously he's not the same player that he was about 5 years ago but he instantly becomes one of the 3 best hitters in the Braves lineup.

Rev

Staff member
Indians going all in. First Lucroy and now Miller.

Rev

Staff member
Hold on, Cleveland. Lucroy exercised his no trade clause and vetoed the trade.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
loving what the yankees are doing. Anyone who thought that team was going somewhere this season is out of their mind. I loved Andrew Miller, but the prospects they got for him are going to pay huge dividends in 3-4 years. Chapman wasn't resigning so that deal was genius. We finally have a top 5 farm system - new Yankees system is finally here

D

Deuce

Hold on, Cleveland. Lucroy exercised his no trade clause and vetoed the trade.
Interesting. I was reading he wouldn't do that so he could play for a winner. Maybe he's trying to force their hand to NYM.

Rev

Staff member
Heard it may have to do something with the option year on Clevelands part. Maybe they get it worked out but if not that kind of sucks for them. Wonder if they would have traded for Miller if they didnt get Lucroy?

Rev

Staff member
Looks like the Rangers are coming out of their funk.

and look to be getting Lucroy.

and have a series with Houston next week.

Things are looking up.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Very happy with Bruce...quietly having a great year. I am not sold on the Mets being out on Lucroy...D'Arnaud, Dom Smith, and another guy not named Amed Rosario.

1 Reyes
2 Granderson
3 Cespedes
4 Bruce
5 Lucroy
6 Walker
7 Cabrera
8 Loney

Flores, Largares, Comforto, Rivera off the bench.

Oh lord...my dick just threw up thinking about that.

Rev

Staff member
Carlos Beltran to Rangers for Dillon Tate and another.

Rev

Staff member
Beltran, Lucroy, and Jeffress will make for a very good haul.

Rev

Staff member
Looks like I get to say a tearful goodbye to Gallo.

Nobody could strikeout better at the Major League level....

I called it. Lucroy and Jeffress.

Top Bottom