Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Had we signed Murray even at the amount Dallas had offered this deal isn't possible.

Jiggyfly

Banned
But getting back on topic.

This deal leaves little restructuring room, so it is much different from their usual deals.

Makes me think they see the cap rising a lot over the next 5 years.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

I said it was a topic for another day, but I couldn't help myself. Make it another thread, mr. moderator.
Nah, that's like work and shit. Just try not to lawyer it up in here too much.

data

Forbes #1
Who gets more yards this year -- Demarco Murray rushing or Dez Bryant receiving?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I disagree.
Probably would have worked for 2015, but the O is already paid 13 mil more than the D, and DeMarco's deal only widens that gap.

Then 2016 would have been a problem with a similar cap to 2015 yet salary increases to Romo, Bryant, Lee, Bailey, and Smith plus at least 4.5 million of Hardy's 2015 salary from NLTBE's.

They are deficient in defensive talent, need to lock Hardy up, another strong contract on the front four, another at LB, one to replace Carr at CB, and a real safety.

That philosophically leaves Dallas drafting a stud RB every three years and never signing one long term.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What's next?

Spaulding holding up a signed contract?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Probably would have worked for 2015, but the O is already paid 13 mil more than the D, and DeMarco's deal only widens that gap.

Then 2016 would have been a problem with a similar cap to 2015 yet salary increases to Romo, Bryant, Lee, Bailey, and Smith plus at least 4.5 million of Hardy's 2015 salary from NLTBE's.

They are deficient in defensive talent, need to lock Hardy up, another strong contract on the front four, another at LB, one to replace Carr at CB, and a real safety.

That philosophically leaves Dallas drafting a stud RB every three years and never signing one long term.
Yea although I doubt we bring in another high-priced CB like Carr to replace him when we already have Scandrick and Jones. If Murray had taken the 4/24 contract we probably could've signed Bryant but there is absolutely no way we could've given Murray what the Eagles gave him and given Bryant what we did.

Top Bottom