Deflategate report is out...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

The irony is pretty thick with this one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Alright, this was funny.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

So these guys had basically nothing to gain by deflating the balls, and probably would have been fired if they refused to do it. Then, they in effect, lose their jobs once word got out.

Yeah, I'd be singing like a bird if I were them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So these guys had basically nothing to gain by deflating the balls, and probably would have been fired if they refused to do it. Then, they in effect, lose their jobs once word got out.

Yeah, I'd be singing like a bird if I were them.
The Patriots better be careful not to piss those two off because otherwise we may be seeing a 20/20 special real soon.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
NFL Network talking about how Brady's arrogance possibly played into the severity of the suspension.

I wondered the same thing. Brady was acting way too arrogant and acting as if this was no big deal and I think that rubbed the league the wrong way.

Goodell and company want you to show some remorse and contrition. Same thing happened to Adrian Peterson after the courts finished with his case.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I like seeing them lose draft picks, but that million bucks seems like nothing to me. A million bucks isn't much to a club worth a billion dollars. They should have hit them with a salary cap penalty like they did to Dallas and Washington. For violating the spirit of the rules.

And Sean Payton and the Saints should be pissed that Belichick got nothing. Ignorance is no excuse? Riiiiiight.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'm sure it'll be reduced to 2-3 games. It'll just be coincidence but I have no doubt he'll play against us.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
~VA~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like seeing them lose draft picks, but that million bucks seems like nothing to me. A million bucks isn't much to a club worth a billion dollars. They should have hit them with a salary cap penalty like they did to Dallas and Washington. For violating the spirit of the rules.

And Sean Payton and the Saints should be pissed that Belichick got nothing. Ignorance is no excuse? Riiiiiight.
A first and fourth round pick is a pretty big hit. If the Cowboys lost those two picks I would be livid.

That salary cap penalty against the Cowboys for not breaking any rules still chaps my ass.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Why are you so sure it will be reduced? How are you arriving at the 2-3 games number?
Many suspensions end up being reduced. It could end up being eliminated completely but more than likely it'll just be reduced. If reduced i doubt he'll only get 1 game, so therefore it'll imo be 2-3 games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many suspensions end up being reduced. It could end up being eliminated completely but more than likely it'll just be reduced. If reduced i doubt he'll only get 1 game, so therefore it'll imo be 2-3 games.
I don't see why this one would get reduced. There is no precedent on Brady's side and 4 games is a pretty reasonably low amount.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but those are garden-variety drug/misconduct cases.

This was incredibly high profile cheating, and most importantly, deliberate refusal to cooperate with an investigation in an attempt to cover up that cheating. THEN, when the report is released, instead of doing the contrition thing, they go on offense and attack the investigation.

This penalty is about sending a message. I wouldn't be surprised if it sticks.

Cotton

Staff member

Damn good point.

Cotton

Staff member

I knew he would renege on his promise to let the discipline stand. F'ing losers and cheaters all the way up to the top.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Sean Payton is wondering about the "ignorance is no defense" policy.

Top Bottom