Must See Movies

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think they are. FF was one of the properties that Fox had for a time and I think this is them trying to retain it. Something to the effect of if they didn't use the IP for so many years, it reverted back to Marvel studios.
Oh yeah I forgot FF was not under the Marvel umbrella, I guess anything is possible then.:picard

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will give F4 the benefit of the doubt though...Josh Trank directed Chronicle, which I really enjoyed, so maybe he is the right guy to get this going. All the young actors in the movie are good on their own, we'll see how it comes together.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I will give F4 the benefit of the doubt though...Josh Trank directed Chronicle, which I really enjoyed, so maybe he is the right guy to get this going. All the young actors in the movie are good on their own, we'll see how it comes together.
I liked Chronicle as well, but he is fighting an uphill battle.

Changing the race of Human Torch is already risky but MBJ has a nice following so that mitigates that but to then change the origin story, I think that is a bridge too far.

Its a shame too because FF done right should be right up there with the Xmen and Avengers.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We learned last month that Summit Entertainment has set first-time director Cedric Nicolas-Troyan on their long-gestating reboot of the Highlander franchise. Today, TheWrap brings word that Summit is keen on convincing Tom Cruise to play a role similar to the immortal Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez, played in the 1986 original by the equally-immortal Sean Connery.

The original Highlander also stars Christopher Lambert as Connor MacLeod, an immortal Scottish swordsman who, after centuries of dueling to survive against others like him, is forced to confront one final foe: a murderously brutal barbarian who lusts for the prize that comes with being the last immortal.

Although there’s no confirmation as to whether or not Cruise might have any inclination to join Highlander, knowing that he’s a top choice gives us some idea of the direction Nicolas-Troyan is heading with his remake.

Cruise, who starred earlier this year in Doug Liman’s Edge of Tomorrow, has a number of sequels on the way. First, he’ll be back as Ethan Hunt in the Christopher McQuarrie-helmed Mission: Impossible 5, hitting theaters December 25, 2015. He’ll then return as Jack Reacher for a big screen sequel to his 2012 action thriller (this one will be based on Lee Child’s most recent Reacher novel, “Never Go Back”) with plans to also reprise his role as Maverick in a followup to the 1986 blockbuster Top Gun.
----------
:towel

Cruise is a weird dude, but he makes good to great movies. Edge of Tomorrow was outstanding...I'd say right behind GOTG for my favorite summer movie.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Going to see Dumb and Dumber To on Sunday. Stoked.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Birdman...an odd, charming movie...with great performances by Keaton, Norton, Galifinakis.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Iamtdg lack of Dumb and Dumber review is cryptic yet interesting.

D

Deuce

St. Vincent was really good. Murray had some Oscar talk based on it, but I was more impressed with the kid than him.

Also saw Mockingjay. I hate that they have made a habit of breaking the final book of series into 2 movies.

Cotton

Staff member
Dumb and Dumber To was fantastic. I was afraid that I might end up leaving disappointed. I mean, trying to follow up the greatest comedic movie of all time is a risk. They did very well. Very funny.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I liked the movie, but I don't remember much from it a week later.

Cotton

Staff member
I liked the movie, but I don't remember much from it a week later.
I can't wait to watch it again. It will just get better the more I see it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't wait to watch it again. It will just get better the more I see it.
That's the thing with a lot of the Carey movies. The are better on the second and subsequent views. The Jerk is still funny to me.

Cotton

Staff member
That's the thing with a lot of the Carey movies. The are better on the second and subsequent views. The Jerk is still funny to me.
Yep, and to me that's what made the first D&D so good. It has passed the test of time and is still hilarious. For them to able to pull off a second one even halfway decent is amazing to me. That's why I can't wait to see if it holds up over multiple viewings. I know I'm fresh off seeing it, but I think it will.

Cotton

Staff member
Right. I got my comedians mixed. Martin and Carey movies are similar as to extreme comedy.
Still the same premise. Good comedies hold up over time. The Jerk is a good example of that regardless of who the lead actor was.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Dumb and Dumber To was fantastic. I was afraid that I might end up leaving disappointed. I mean, trying to follow up the greatest comedic movie of all time is a risk. They did very well. Very funny.
Fantastic is pretty high marks for that movie. The first one is no doubt one of my favorite movies ever. This one had some funny movies but it just seemed forced.

Top Bottom