Week 14 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Giants | 12/11/2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not willing to throw Dak under the bus just yet but I've long had it in the back of my mind that riding a rookie QB all the way to the Super Bowl seems pretty improbable. There are plenty of risks associated with starting Romo, but if Prescott has another outing against Tampa Bay like he had in these last two, I think you have to at least consider playing Romo.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As this passing slump continues, at some point the team is going to realize they've been starting a rookie and have one of the best all-time passers healthy on the bench.

And they'll ask themselves what the fuck they've been doing.
:doh

Now THIS is hyperbole.

Yea, I'm sure the team is kicking themselves right now because they stuck with a QB who was playing excellent football while making next to no mistakes and leading the NFL's most efficient and productive offense -- one of the best offenses in team history, no less.

I'm sure they're thinking, "If only we had put Romo in instead, we never would've lost all those games between week 2 and week 13.

Oh wait....

Cut out the stupidity, Ravi. Going with Dak was absolutely the right choice. But he looks to have hit that rookie wall that all rookie QBs face. All year long I've given the Roethlisberger example, and that's what's happening. Like Ben, he was on fire and led the team to an excellent record but his play tailed off at the end the Steelers lost as a result of struggling QB play.

But the difference is, we have a guy who could potentially give us pro bowl quality play and save the season should we be forced to make a change whereas the Steelers had Tommy Maddox so they never had a reason to feel like they could go back to a "better" option.

If Dak struggles again next week, then Romo will have plenty of time to still save our season and allow us to meet all the goals that are still in play. But don't be an idiot and act like we ruined our season and threw away all these opportunities in October and November because it's simply not true.

No matter how much you want it to be true, Romo couldn't have done better than Dak did in regards to production, efficiency, and wins.

Unless, of course, you think Romo-led wins count for 2 wins instead of 1?

:jerk

data

Forbes #1
The optimist says that tonight's performance was exacerbated by the conditions. Eli Mannings night just as bad. Add a Barry church gimme int and takeaway ODBs YAC.

The optimist says that tonight's performance is not connected to the Minnesota game cuz penalties ruined positive play, not Daks poor play.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is the part of the season where I have been concerned with Daks lack of experience. It's nut cutting time and it will take an experienced QB to get this team through it. My regard for Bryant was already low but it's about zero now. The Coach can make the tough decision or give up the chances to get through the post season. The honeymoon is over for the Cowboys. Get the best chance QB in the lineup.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Agreed. Dunbar offers absolutely nothing. So sick and fucking seeing him on crucial downs.
It wasn't the reason we lost but it was definitely a dumb decision.

It seemed like there were a few occasions where we were backed up at our own goal line and instead of having the better blocker/runner/receiver in the game they chose to go with Dunbar.

They were playing with fire.

Landry

DCC 4Life
I knew if I stayed up for the game I would feel like shit today, but I really didn't expect to lose.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:lol @ all the dipshits who bought a Dak jersey.

Guy can't even complete dozens of 5 yard passes like Wentz can.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Why the hell is Dunbar in on third down and at the end of the game? Your best player is on the sideline, for a gadget player, who offer absolutely nothing.

Dak was terrible again, although the TD play was a thing of beauty. Dez blew it. The coaches had a dumb offensive game plan. Garrett says at the half we need to be patient and stick with the run, and run it with Zeke just 8 times in the second half.

Defense was good, played more than well enough to win that game. Got stops, sacks and turnovers. Could have had three more ints.

dallen

Senior Tech
I knew if I stayed up for the game I would feel like shit today, but I really didn't expect to lose.
I feel like death, and I'm pissed we lost. Happy Monday

dallen

Senior Tech
The optimist says that tonight's performance was exacerbated by the conditions. Eli Mannings night just as bad. Add a Barry church gimme int and takeaway ODBs YAC.

The optimist says that tonight's performance is not connected to the Minnesota game cuz penalties ruined positive play, not Daks poor play.
It takes a bit of good luck to win 11 straight no matter how good you are. Seems like the bad luck has started trying to balance out. Minnesota has a very good defense and the Giants always give us trouble. Still though, Dak hasn't looked the same since the week before Thanksgiving. I'm worried, but there is time to play out of the slump before the playoffs

dallen

Senior Tech
Why the hell is Dunbar in on third down and at the end of the game? Your best player is on the sideline, for a gadget player, who offer absolutely nothing.

Dak was terrible again, although the TD play was a thing of beauty. Dez blew it. The coaches had a dumb offensive game plan. Garrett says at the half we need to be patient and stick with the run, and run it with Zeke just 8 times in the second half.

Defense was good, played more than well enough to win that game. Got stops, sacks and turnovers. Could have had three more ints.
Why is Dunbar even on the team?

GShock

DCC 4Life
Bryant had a particularly shitty game.
Did anything good happen when he was targeted? Responsible for two turnovers, failed to make the 4th down catch at the end of the game. Awful.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm not willing to throw Dak under the bus just yet but I've long had it in the back of my mind that riding a rookie QB all the way to the Super Bowl seems pretty improbable. There are plenty of risks associated with starting Romo, but if Prescott has another outing against Tampa Bay like he had in these last two, I think you have to at least consider playing Romo.
I agree I think he has become too risk adverse and is holding on to the ball to long.

I am at least happy on the 2nd int he cut it loos and was giving Bryant a chance to make a play.

This is the 1st game he actually looked rattled and that is cause for concern.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Knowing that this win streak would end, I think I would rather lose a game now and have the team
re-focus and re-dedicate for the stretch run. Let's hope the rebound is swift and strong.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Garrett's "dedication to the run" is fucking lip service.

When things get tight, he goes pass happy for some reason.

Top Bottom