Vikings Trading For Sam Bradford

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Vikings just jumped back into NFC North Division winner discussion.

It's going to take Sammy some time to pick up the playbook but I think the Vikings are a 9 or 10 team with Bradford.

1bigfan13

Staff member

:lol

Life has to suck so hard for Vikings fans right now.
The compensation did reek of desperation. This was a "do or die" / "our window of opportunity is closing this year" kind of move.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I do notice a pattern with Bradford.

He's slowly working his way north.

Oklahoma

St. Louis

Philadelphia

Minnesota

Next stop....the CFL???

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do notice a pattern with Bradford.

He's slowly working his way north.

Oklahoma

St. Louis

Philadelphia

Minnesota

Next stop....the CFL???
That 80 QB rating is going to be so good for the Vikes.

I wouldn't trade Dak for Bradford straight up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A 1st for Bradford?!! How?

He was in danger of not even being on the team before camp started.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Vikes with Bradford is a peak at 8 wins. Their defense is good but it's not dominant. It's more like our 2014 defense that looks good when they have a dominant run game and a grind it out offense.

Keep in mind that AP is in his 30s and has an injury history. He is never a given.

Peak 8 wins?

They won 11 with Bridgewater throwing 14 TD's and 9 INT's last year, I'm fairly certain Bradford can manage something similar to that. Barring further serious injuries this at least a 7 win team with upside of 10 or 11.

At any rate, yea, it's a nice trade in a vacuum, but if Wentz goes out there, takes a beating and never fully recovers because he's forced to go in before he's ready then this trade will be an underrated reason for him not evolving into what they hope he can be.

And Chase Daniel is not as good as Bradford. The difference might be negligible, say maybe a 7 win season with Bradford and 5 with Daniel, but 2 wins will make a big difference as far as when Wentz comes in.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm reading now that the 4th is conditional and could become a 2 or 3. If true, holy hell. That is just insane.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Peak 8 wins?

They won 11 with Bridgewater throwing 14 TD's and 9 INT's last year, I'm fairly certain Bradford can manage something similar to that. Barring further serious injuries this at least a 7 win team with upside of 10 or 11.

At any rate, yea, it's a nice trade in a vacuum, but if Wentz goes out there, takes a beating and never fully recovers because he's forced to go in before he's ready then this trade will be an underrated reason for him not evolving into what they hope he can be.

And Chase Daniel is not as good as Bradford. The difference might be negligible, say maybe a 7 win season with Bradford and 5 with Daniel, but 2 wins will make a big difference as far as when Wentz comes in.
I'm with you. It's not like he's replacing someone like Roethlisberger.The Vikings aren't built around the QB having to put up huge stats.

That's why I said I think they'll be around that 9/10 win mark.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm reading now that the 4th is conditional and could become a 2 or 3. If true, holy hell. That is just insane.
Yep saw that too from Schefter iirc so probably true

Here it is-

Cotton

Staff member
Can you imagine being a Vikings fan and not only looking at the possibility of losing a 1st and 2nd, but also hinging your season on Sam f'ing Bradford? This board would be in full on maintenance mode.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Can you imagine being a Vikings fan and not only looking at the possibility of losing a 1st and 2nd, but also hinging your season on Sam f'ing Bradford? This board would be in full on maintenance mode.
Well they have to win SB for it to be a 2nd so...

Cotton

Staff member
Regardless, this board would be in full on shutdown mode if it were the Cowboys that did this.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Welcome to 5 posts ago

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Geez. We should ask if they want to trade for a RB again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Now ESPN is saying Wentz is going to start Week 1 if he's recovered from the rib injury.

Is playing a raw, rookie QB who threw about 600 college passes, missed almost the entire preseason, and is surrounded by poor offensive talent a good idea?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Here it is-
Oh, ok well those conditions won't get met. Vikings still got raped though.

Top Bottom