2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That was a myth. He didn't run the ball.
Well he wasn't through with his process. Everyone knows you can't even attempt to run the ball until you have three first round picks on your O-line... :unsure

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't think it's possible to have a tough defense that practices against a spread offense every day. It's just an attitude that affects the entire team.

I actually liked what Tuberville was trying to do there in moving away from the B12 culture into running the ball and playing some defense. Don't keep up with Tech so I'm sure you know far better than I do what happened there... Did he just not really want the job?

And yes, 1bigfan13... The "beat each other up" theme does only work for the SEC. No other conferences allowed. :lol
Tubs wasn't really trying in Lubbock. He started the theme of Tech firing the defensive coordinator and switching schemes every year. His staff was mostly recruiters who couldn't coach and their recruits mostly busted or transferred, and as Skid already pointed out, we didn't run the ball. IMO, he was half-assing it until he could go somewhere else and leave the dumpster fire he lit to the next coach.

D

Deuce

College Football Playoff Rankings
RKTEAMRECORDPREVTRENDING

• Auburn
    [*=center]6-1
    [*=center]NR

• Ole Miss
    [*=center]7-1
    [*=center]NR

• Oregon
    [*=center]7-1
    [*=center]NR

• Alabama
    [*=center]7-1
    [*=center]NR

• TCU
    [*=center]6-1
    [*=center]NR

• Georgia
    [*=center]6-1
    [*=center]NR

• Arizona
    [*=center]6-1
    [*=center]NR

• Baylor
    [*=center]6-1
    [*=center]NR

• Nebraska
    [*=center]7-1
    [*=center]NR

• Utah
    [*=center]6-1
    [*=center]NR

• LSU
    [*=center]7-2
    [*=center]NR

• Clemson
    [*=center]6-2
    [*=center]NR

• UCLA
    [*=center]6-2
    [*=center]NR

• Duke
    [*=center]6-1
    [*=center]NR

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
On the other hand, kliff pulled in another big one. Unbelievable https://rivals.yahoo.com/texastech/football/recruiting/player-Carlos-Strickland-150129;_ylt=Aso51i3pa2bJxb2666sbfpsOuJB4

Fun facts:

... The Red Raiders have the highest-ranked overall commit in the Big 12 (Jarrett Stidham), the highest-ranked defensive commit in the Big 12 (Breiden Fehoko), the highest-ranked offensive line commit in the Big 12 (Conner Dyer) and the second-highest ranked wide receiver commit in the Big 12 (Carlos Strickland).

... There are nine prospects in the top 150 of the Rivals250 committed to Big 12 programs. Four of them are committed to Texas Tech. Oklahoma is the only other program with more than one (2).

Funny thing about Strickland is that he was at the TCU game as a prospect for them. He saw a too 10 program with a half full stadium and said F that.

Tech is in on some really highly rated prospects. Some of them are huge. I expect to land 3-4 really good prospects and then fill out the class with mid-range guys.

It is the only thing I have to hold onto for hope, so screw off. It's all I have...

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
On the other hand, kliff pulled in another big one. Unbelievable https://rivals.yahoo.com/texastech/football/recruiting/player-Carlos-Strickland-150129;_ylt=Aso51i3pa2bJxb2666sbfpsOuJB4

Fun facts:

... The Red Raiders have the highest-ranked overall commit in the Big 12 (Jarrett Stidham), the highest-ranked defensive commit in the Big 12 (Breiden Fehoko), the highest-ranked offensive line commit in the Big 12 (Conner Dyer) and the second-highest ranked wide receiver commit in the Big 12 (Carlos Strickland).

... There are nine prospects in the top 150 of the Rivals250 committed to Big 12 programs. Four of them are committed to Texas Tech. Oklahoma is the only other program with more than one (2).

Funny thing about Strickland is that he was at the TCU game as a prospect for them. He saw a too 10 program with a half full stadium and said F that.

Tech is in on some really highly rated prospects. Some of them are huge. I expect to land 3-4 really good prospects and then fill out the class with mid-range guys.

It is the only thing I have to hold onto for hope, so screw off. It's all I have...
We heard all of this when Tubs was with the program.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He had a nice haul in 2011. Most of them were busts though.
I think Jace Amaro was the only one that panned out. A lot of coaches get what look like great recruiting classes and it turns out they are recruiting based on the recruits rivals ranking and they aren't doing a good job building to their system.

Time will tell if Kliff has a real eye for talent and a real plan to build the program or not. I'd be more comfortable, though, with a guy with HC experience. I wouldn't fire him now, but the team needs to not be a dumpster fire next year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Im ready to look forward. Please, Kliff do something that can give us some kind of hope for the future. Just tired of this horrid season and looking at anything positive.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Im ready to look forward. Please, Kliff do something that can give us some kind of hope for the future. Just tired of this horrid season and looking at anything positive.
That ain't no lie.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think Jace Amaro was the only one that panned out. A lot of coaches get what look like great recruiting classes and it turns out they are recruiting based on the recruits rivals ranking and they aren't doing a good job building to their system.

Time will tell if Kliff has a real eye for talent and a real plan to build the program or not. I'd be more comfortable, though, with a guy with HC experience. I wouldn't fire him now, but the team needs to not be a dumpster fire next year.
I agree. I preferred an experienced HC.

Still, it feels good to at least have someone who gives a crap about TTU. Let's hope this can be turned around soon.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I agree. I preferred an experienced HC.

Still, it feels good to at least have someone who gives a crap about TTU. Let's hope this can be turned around soon.
Kliff had better stop being an "offensive guy" and take a legit leadership role in getting the right coaches and the right players on defense. As long as that side of the ball is ignored, TTU will be below the Mendoza line.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Lots rumors flying around that Murray is decomitting from aTm. That would be a huge loss for them. Supposedly Oregon is the place for him.

D

Deuce

FSU is in trouble, down 14 at half to L'ville.

As much as a FSU loss would please me, I don't need too many shake ups to the playoff picture.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
FSU's lone TD in first half was falling on one of their own fumbles in the end zone. Now Louisville intercepts a pass and on the return the DB fumbles and FSU recovers.

Still Louisville 21-7 in 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom