Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 2 | Cowboys v Titans| 09/14/14

D

Deuce

A win is a win. If one prefers style points they should tune to diving competition. All these teams are pros. Any win is an accomplishment.
Ya, Locker surely looks like a Pro missing open WR after open WR v

Carp

DCC 4Life
A 16 point win against Tennessee is hardly something to point at and claim any aspects of you team or gameplan are good. They are flat out bad.
Not sure on that. They went in and beat KC in Arrowhead, which is never easy. A 16 point road win is impressive considering how this team looked a week ago. I know they are transitioning to the 3-4, but I take it as a big win to beat up on a Horton run defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya, Locker surely looks like a Pro missing open WR after open WR v
The defense only looked good against the 49ers because they weren't trying. The defense only looked good against the Titans because of Locker sucking.

At some point people are going to have to look at our defense and give them a little credit. They have been way better then anyone expected at this point in the season.

D

Deuce

The defense only looked good against the 49ers because they weren't trying. The defense only looked good against the Titans because of Locker sucking.

At some point people are going to have to look at our defense and give them a little credit. They have been way better then anyone expected at this point in the season.
Guess what, doing it against the Rams next week isn't going to earn them brownie points either.

Want to prove something? We have New Orleans in 2 weeks. That's a team that hasn't played to their offensive potential in 2 games so far. Something tells me we'll cure that.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Notwithstanding what the Bears did to the Cowboys in 1985, the 9ers will always have a special place of hatred in my heart for the catch and 1994.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
A 16 point win against Tennessee is hardly something to point at and claim any aspects of you team or gameplan are good. They are flat out bad.
A 16 point road win in the NFL of 2014 against a team that went to KC (a tough place to play no matter how good or bad the Chiefs are) and absolutely dominated them is not a bad win at all. The Titans held the ball for 40 minutes last week at KC and we did the same to them in their house. That's a pretty solid W. Complain away though.

We've all talked about this before the past few years. There are a couple really good teams in the NFL, a couple really bad teams and about 20 something decent/average teams.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's not the point and he isn't open every time he's thrown to. That happened once or twice this week and numerous times last week.

The point is to keep the defense honest and guessing. Beasley had what? 1 target? Williams had maybe 4? Dez would do much better if the D is put just thinking about him.
He was open every time but once today. Which is what we were talking about.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Guess what, doing it against the Rams next week isn't going to earn them brownie points either.

Want to prove something? We have New Orleans in 2 weeks. That's a team that hasn't played to their offensive potential in 2 games so far. Something tells me we'll cure that.
Huh, Saints are averaging about 30 points a game and 450 yards. Not too bad.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You guys liked that win today? Allow me to take a big shit on it.

Regards,
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

Cotton

Staff member
I guess they had the defense guessing enough for a 16 point win. I could give two shits how many targets or catches Beasley or Williams got today. They'll get theirs.

People were complaining that Dez didn't do too much last week against San Fran and now complain that Romo threw it to him too much this week (it was successful, too).

Par for the course around here. Never satisfied. Have to be bitching and complaining about something.
Deuce has Terrance Williams on his FF team, so there's that.

Cotton

Staff member
I can't find only a handful of very small things to bitch about the game today. Coming from me that means there is very fucking little to bitch about. That is, unless you have our #2 WR on your FF team.

Cotton

Staff member
He's a backup so that doesn't matter.
Was he on your bench? If not, it does matter concerning you bitching about them not spreading the ball around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dunno about you assholes, I am just going to enjoy the solid victory today. Might not get another one for a while.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As much as Romo drives me crazy, I think Cutler would make me gouge out my own eyeballs. Can't stand that flake.

D

Deuce

Was he on your bench? If not, it does matter concerning you bitching about them not spreading the ball around.
Ya, he's a backup. I start Jeffrey, Vincent Jackson and Cal in my money league.

Like I said, it's all about making Romo less predictable.

Top Bottom