Thursday Night Chatter Thread - Week 2 | Steelers vs Ravens| 09/11/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wut? That murderer? Really?
Yup.

He was such a great football player for a long time and a tremendous leader.

Unfortunately, the leadership thing got thrown in our faces by the media when it wafnt even necessary, and he started buying into his own hype. So not only did the sideline speeches become ridiculous, his interviews became roll-your-eyes material too.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that he's an all-timer whose play and leadership was respected by a lot of people for a long time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hell no. Almost everybody I ever talked to hated that self aggrandizing POS. I freely admit he was a very good LBer. But he was a scumbag.
Really?

Most people I talked to respected the guy. I know I did....before he started falling in love with himself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Important possession for Pittsburgh.

That is if you care about the game.

Otherwise, OMGBLLLLLUARGHRAYRICEFAKECONCERNARGHARGHARGH

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yup.

He was such a great football player for a long time and a tremendous leader.

Unfortunately, the leadership thing got thrown in our faces by the media when it wafnt even necessary, and he started buying into his own hype. So not only did the sideline speeches become ridiculous, his interviews became roll-your-eyes material too.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that he's an all-timer whose play and leadership was respected by a lot of people for a long time.
He was a great lb. As for being respected, I'm with Nodak, can't remember anyone not a ravens fan that could stand even listening to him much less respect him

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Brown back on the field. :towel

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Brown back on the field. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jernigan has been very impressive for them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There seems to be a lot of red in the stands. :art

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just for clarification, how is the hit by Polamalu (sp) a hit on a defenseless receiver and it wasn't a penalty when Dez was hit mid-air square in his back from behind?

Thorn

Brand New Member
Those personal foul penalties were garbage. I understand what the NFL is trying to do, but instead of pushing for the game to be less and less physical, they need to direct players towards playing shorter careers to preserve their health. There was nothing wrong with either of those hits.

Phil Simms is talking about "What a drive" it was, but realistically any team that fails to get six with calls like that needs to be upset with itself.

I don't like where football is headed.

D

Deuce

Just for clarification, how is the hit by Polamalu (sp) a hit on a defenseless receiver and it wasn't a penalty when Dez was hit mid-air square in his back from behind?
Because the Baltimore WR doesn't have a retard QB that makes even the refs question what's going on instead of paying attention to their jobs.

data

Forbes #1
Dez Bryant was 'running through' the hit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't like where football is headed.
Players' ability to deal damage has greatly outstripped their ability to withstand and recover from it. It's that simple, and the NFL's rules have been changed in order to preserve the whole sport from grade school on up.

It's just reality. Until someone invents force-field padding and safe recovery medicine, they've got to do everything they can.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Players' ability to deal damage has greatly outstripped their ability to withstand and recover from it. It's that simple, and the NFL's rules have been changed in order to preserve the whole sport from grade school on up.

It's just reality. Until someone invents force-field padding and safe recovery medicine, they've got to do everything they can.
In addition until players change their attitude about the game it won't get any better. It is so apparent that defensive backs and linebackers are trying to injure other players. They aren't content in making tackles they hurl themselves at an opponent with the helmet primed to harm. That is over and above the intent of the game. Tackling is no longer the object rather cheap shots and player injury is the objective. That's as much the problem as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom