Jerry Explains What He Was Doing Talking To His Head Coach In The Middle Of A Game

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is a business side of it and a football side of it. At your age, I'd think you would know this. But I can go into more detail if needed.
I fully understand that. I am not defending Jones business practices I am defending his right to do it. All the others choose their approach and I defend their right to make those positions. Simply because Jones chooses to do things differently doesn't make him wrong to do it it just makes the results undesirable. That's the distinction in the whole process of any business regardless of its nature. An owner has the right to run his business in the ground.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I fully understand that. I am not defending Jones business practices I am defending his right to do it. All the others choose their approach and I defend their right to make those positions. Simply because Jones chooses to do things differently doesn't make him wrong to do it it just makes the results undesirable. That's the distinction in the whole process of any business regardless of its nature. An owner has the right to run his business in the ground.
It's semantics. Of course he has the right to do it, but it doesn't mean it's not stupid. So defending his right to do it conveys a certain level of condoning of said act. Otherwise, why would you care?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Simply because Jones chooses to do things differently doesn't make him wrong to do it it just makes the results undesirable.
It could easily be argued that if the results are consistently undesirable then his actions are likely wrong.

After nearly 20 years of evidence, I don't think we need to wait and see anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't believe how idiotic guys like Bob Kraft, York, Rooney, etc are to leave the coaching and in game decisions to the football staff. No wonder those teams never compete for anything.
Your off point about what I am saying. They have been successful with their methodology and Jones has not. Both have the right and discretion however to decide how they will engage the process.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It could easily be argued that if the results are consistently undesirable then his actions are likely wrong.
I am not arguing right or wrong nor am I addressing what is best. I am simply addressing the prerogative to decide.

Cotton

Staff member
I am not arguing right or wrong nor am I addressing what is best. I am simply addressing the prerogative to decide.
WGAS if he has the "right" to do it. It has literally no bearing on the more base debate of whether he should or not. It's inexplicable.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
WGAS if he has the "right" to do it. It has literally no bearing on the more base debate of whether he should or not. It's inexplicable.
Your own statement makes my point. Whether he should or should not make his decisions. Most everyonei including me agrees he should not but guess what? He does it anyway. Now why is that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Is this because you think it's wrong and not what is best?
I don't agree with his methodology nor do I think it's best for the organization. He is his own worst enemy as far as the team's win loss results are concerned. But it is his right to screw over the organization as to the running of the details.

Cotton

Staff member
Your own statement makes my point. Whether he should or should not make his decisions. Most everyonei including me agrees he should not but guess what? He does it anyway. Now why is that?
Cause he is football moron that has zero idea how to run the football side of a team and continually embarrasses himself with self-examples just like this.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't agree with his methodology nor do I think it's best for the organization. He is his own worst enemy as far as the team's win loss results are concerned. But it is his right to screw over the organization as to the running of the details.
I think most of us agree with this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Cause he is football moron that has zero idea how to run the football side of a team and continually embarrasses himself with self-examples just like this.
Couldn't agree more.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Owner, GM, I don't GAS. Neither should be on the field in the middle of the game dictating personnel decisions.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Darren Woodson just threw Jones under the bus on Sportscaster. Said that players definitely have an open door policy over Garrett and its been that way since he was a player there.

:lol

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This whole ideology of where an owner of a business belongs or what they can and cannot do is totally absurd. If anyone buys into it they may as well align themselves with the bureaucratic and political philosophy of believing they have the right to create intervention in anyones affairs. The idea of how things are supposed to be are products of those who have no vested interest in the process.
Do you really believe that strongly in jumping the chain of command and disrupting the structure of your business? I haven't seen many examples where the owner walking around screwing with supervisors and making the employees nervous and bad at their jobs (because they don't know who to listen to) actually worked in practice.

Carl

RIP Brother
Which is why it's always comical when people claim that Garrett or Wade or Campo or Switzer never had a problem with Jerry's antics. Of course not, they knew they had to go along with it if they wanted to continue being the "HC" and collecting their paycheck, especially since no one else was likely going to come knocking on their door.

It's the main reason Jerry hires these types. Those like Jimmy and Parcells will only take so much of his B.S. and had plenty of other opportunities if they desired. But the Garretts, Wades, Campos, Switzers knew/know this was their one and likely only shot and put up with it as long as they could remain hired.
So, who would you hire? Do tell. Not disagreeing with your point, but who would make a difference and be able to interact with Jerry. I cant think of too many.

Carl

RIP Brother
Darren Woodson just threw Jones under the bus on Sportscaster. Said that players definitely have an open door policy over Garrett and its been that way since he was a player there.

What does this post mean?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
What does this post mean?
Basically, I believe it means that if a player is unhappy or whatever, they can bypass the head coach, whine to JJ and he will take care of whatever the issue is. There has been talk of that sort of thing bouncing around since Parcells was HC.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Do you really believe that strongly in jumping the chain of command and disrupting the structure of your business? I haven't seen many examples where the owner walking around screwing with supervisors and making the employees nervous and bad at their jobs (because they don't know who to listen to) actually worked in practice.
No I don't agree with how some owners run their business it but it doesn't matter what I believe in that regard. I believe stronger in the idea that if someone owns something they should have the right to administer it as they choose.

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Hope you like sipping Heineys with Jimmy in the Keys because you'll never get into the ROH now.

Top Bottom