28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sean, please don't play beach football.

Don't go surfing.

Take it easy in practice.

Just stay in your room and watch the Discovery channel.

dallen

Senior Tech
Sean, please don't play beach football.

Don't go surfing.

Take it easy in practice.

Just stay in your room and watch the Discovery channel.
You monster! What if there is a shark show and he gets scared and it makes him jump out of bed and he tears an ACL?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You monster! What if there is a shark show and he gets scared and it makes him jump out of bed and he tears an ACL?
He's never gonna get over his fear of tv sharks if he doesn't try.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
~phil~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pro Bowl trip validates the work Sean Lee, others put into his return

8:22 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

MOBILE, Ala. -- Sean Lee was in mid-sentence when he had to stop talking on the telephone the other day.

“Sorry, I’m getting hit by a wave right here,” the Dallas Cowboys linebacker said.

He was enjoying the beach in Hawaii, two days into the first Pro Bowl trip of his career. Lee was added as an injury replacement for the NFL all-star game because of a knee injury to Justin Houston of the Kansas City Chiefs.

The first call that he was added to the Pro Bowl roster came from owner and general manager Jerry Jones. The second came from head coach Jason Garrett, who said he was a little emotional in speaking with Lee. The linebacker was also a little emotional.

Sean Lee said his conversation with Cowboys coach Jason Garrett about his call to the Pro Bowl was an emotional one. Kevin Jairaj/USA TODAY Sports

“Think about where he came from and what he went through this past year and really some of the injuries that he’s had in the past,” Garrett said. “He’s been that caliber of player throughout his career. He’s dealt with some injuries and some adversities that haven’t allowed him to show that to everybody, and I think he showed that to everybody this year and he just should have a hell of a week out there and really soak it all up.”

A year ago at this time, Lee was recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament that knocked him out of the 2014 season before it even began. The rehab process was long and tedious, just as it was when he tore an ACL while at Penn State, costing him a season.

Lee’s emotion stemmed from the work he put into his return and the people who helped him get there, from the Jones family to Garrett to defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli to linebackers coach Matt Eberflus to athletic trainers Jim Maurer and Britt Brown and his teammates.

“You look at the season and first off I wished we would’ve found a way to get more wins, played better in general,” Lee said. “That’s where you really look for the validation, but knowing that I’ve been out for a while and it was a long road in coming back from this knee and it was nice to be recognized at the end of the year, especially with all the people helping me coming back. It wasn’t just me.”

In 14 games, the coaches credited Lee with 156 tackles. He had the first 2.5 sacks of his career. He had 11 tackles for loss and five pass deflections. He intercepted one pass.

One of Lee’s biggest goals remains to play in every game in a season. He missed one game because of a concussion even though he was cleared to play. He took himself out of the season finale because of a hamstring strain and cost himself a $2 million escalator based on a season-long playing-time percentage.

“It was great to be able to play more and be more consistently on the football field,” Lee said. “First of all I wish it would’ve turned into more wins for all of us, but it was nice to be out there and be able to play a lot the whole year. Hopefully it’s a building block to next year where I’ll play at a high level, be healthy, play 16 games hopefully and we’re back competing in the playoffs and for a championship.”

Lee said the hamstring is fine now but he needed some trips to Valley Ranch to get back in shape once he got the call he was heading to the Pro Bowl. He is looking forward to talking to the other players, particularly the linebackers, to pick their brains in an effort to improve himself.

But as much as he liked the waves crashing all around him and the reward of being in the all-star game, Lee said hopes he does not get to go back for the contest that falls on the Sunday between conference title games and the Super Bowl.

“That’s the goal, to not be at this game because we’re playing for a championship,” Lee said. “That’s the ultimate goal. It’s nice. It’s relaxing out here. But as fun as this is to be with the other players, be with your family, at the same point you’re restless because you want to be able to play for a championship.”
------------

Feh.

When approximately 7% of NFL rosters can make the "Pro Bowl" due to guys turning it down and injuries, Lee can get all choked up and it proves he's a loser.

He might as well have been invited to a beach volleyball competition in Maui for his troubles.

The correct way to handle this is to accept the Hawaii trip and move on like you expect it to happen again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Feh.

When approximately 7% of NFL rosters can make the "Pro Bowl" due to guys turning it down and injuries, Lee can get all choked up and it proves he's a loser.

He might as well have been invited to a beach volleyball competition in Maui for his troubles.

The correct way to handle this is to accept the Hawaii trip and move on like you expect it to happen again.
:lol

God damn you are a sour MFer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

God damn you are a sour MFer.
Yeah, but seriously.

Think about it.

How long has making the Pro Bowl been something that has been celebrated in Dallas like it means a damn thing?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, but seriously.

Think about it.

How long has making the Pro Bowl been something that has been celebrated in Dallas like it means a damn thing?
I'd say every team out there is about the same. These guys all give their canned, toe the company line answers. Basically, the only guys you get actual truthful answers from, are the so called bad guys. The T.O.'s of the world.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd say every team out there is about the same. These guys all give their canned, toe the company line answers. Basically, the only guys you get actual truthful answers from, are the so called bad guys. The T.O.'s of the world.
Being named to a Pro Bowl is still a big deal in Dallas. I have no doubt of that. And that comes from Jones.

Garrett is following through with carrying along the message to a stupid fan base that acts like it matters.

I would like for once, just once, for this organization and team to be snubbed to the nth degree and get pissed off about it.

It is almost a vicious cycle now.

Does not matter how shitty we played or performed, we are still relevant.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maybe he can be our Thomas Davis?

Serious injury after serious injury and then he finally stays healthy for a prolonged period of time and ends up being one of the best LB's in the league and arguably Carolina's team leader.

The thought of a guy like Jack at 4 intrigues me as kind of our Kuechly to Lee's Thomas. Jack certainly doesn't have Kuechly's instincts (nobody in the league right now does honestly) but he could end up having a similar impact on our defense that Kuechly had on theirs.

Give me a plugger in the middle like Kenny Clark, Sheldon Rankins, Austin Johnson or Vernon Butler and we may have something on defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe he can be our Thomas Davis?

Serious injury after serious injury and then he finally stays healthy for a prolonged period of time and ends up being one of the best LB's in the league and arguably Carolina's team leader.

The thought of a guy like Jack at 4 intrigues me as kind of our Kuechly to Lee's Thomas. Jack certainly doesn't have Kuechly's instincts (nobody in the league right now does honestly) but he could end up having a similar impact on our defense that Kuechly had on theirs.

Give me a plugger in the middle like Kenny Clark, Sheldon Rankins, Austin Johnson or Vernon Butler and we may have something on defense.
Yes but we have severe scheme limitations.

This is a Marinelli D.

You can have a ROLB to flow to the ball, a MLB smart enough to handle the deep middle responsibilities. And some guy at LOLB.

This is what we have to deal with.

Myles Jack is going to be the MLB guy? Or is Lee moving again?

Better give me answers to that and strong ones before I take Jack at 4.

Jaylon Smith, I think, was more equipped for the responsibilities.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Being named to a Pro Bowl is still a big deal in Dallas. I have no doubt of that. And that comes from Jones.

Garrett is following through with carrying along the message to a stupid fan base that acts like it matters.

I would like for once, just once, for this organization and team to be snubbed to the nth degree and get pissed off about it.

It is almost a vicious cycle now.

Does not matter how shitty we played or performed, we are still relevant.
Didn't like the entire Patriots team decline the probowl. It's such a joke these days. I remember when all the top players use to play in it. Not any more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes but we have severe scheme limitations.

This is a Marinelli D.

You can have a ROLB to flow to the ball, a MLB smart enough to handle the deep middle responsibilities. And some guy at LOLB.

This is what we have to deal with.

Myles Jack is going to be the MLB guy? Or is Lee moving again?

Better give me answers to that and strong ones before I take Jack at 4.

Jaylon Smith, I think, was more equipped for the responsibilities.
Jaylon Smith reminds me a ton of Derrick Johnson in every way possible. I think he could probably play any LBer spot. To me Jack is the stereotypical WLBer in our defense. Guy with elite speed and coverage ability who probably isn't meant to take on blockers. I'm fine getting him and moving Lee back to the middle. Of course in doing that I would like to get Sean Lee a little protection upfront with a legit DT so he isn't getting pounded as hard. I think the coverage responsibilities of the MLBer spot fit Lee better. He was able to pick off 4 passes not too long ago playing in the middle of this defense. And that was in only 11 games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jaylon Smith reminds me a ton of Derrick Johnson in every way possible. I think he could probably play any LBer spot. To me Jack is the stereotypical WLBer in our defense. Guy with elite speed and coverage ability who probably isn't meant to take on blockers. I'm fine getting him and moving Lee back to the middle. Of course in doing that I would like to get Sean Lee a little protection upfront with a legit DT so he isn't getting pounded as hard. I think the coverage responsibilities of the MLBer spot fit Lee better. He was able to pick off 4 passes not too long ago playing in the middle of this defense. And that was in only 11 games.

I agree. He was growing on me before he got hurt.

I think Myles Jack would be a risk. I have yet to see any evidence how he could run as the MLB in this D, or if we are considering swapping him and Lee.

Lee could make the calls and so on, but to be that MLB ala Urlacher, you really have to have it upstairs.

To me, Jack seems better as your chase ROLB. See football. Chase football.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Didn't like the entire Patriots team decline the probowl. It's such a joke these days. I remember when all the top players use to play in it. Not any more.
Which is why they should do away with that stupid game.

There was a time when 80-90% of the rosters were filled with guys who deserved to be there. That's when being cited to the pro bowl was worthy of recognition.

Nowadays, nobody really wants to play in it so they look for ways to get out of it which leads to a bunch of guys who shouldn't be there getting voted in as replacements.

Because this awful game means even less now than it did before, it should be done away completely and they should create an individual honors team but no game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Which is why they should do away with that stupid game.

There was a time when 80-90% of the rosters were filled with guys who deserved to be there. That's when being cited to the pro bowl was worthy of recognition.

Nowadays, nobody really wants to play in it so they look for ways to get out of it which leads to a bunch of guys who shouldn't be there getting voted in as replacements.

Because this awful game means even less now than it did before, it should be done away completely and they should create an individual honors team but no game.
They have 7% of the players in the league making it. But hey, there is a two hour special on NFLN with Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin turning it into a "selection special".

It is a joke now.

I guess it is a showcase for the second tier to talent to claim they are "Pro Bowlers" and get to compete, sort of?

All I know is that if any exec puts Pro Bowl in a contract clause should be fired.

Top Bottom