Albert Breer On The State Of The Cowboys

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The thing is that Romo is still good. So in that regard there would be no need to rush him. The problem is, as we've seen this year, is that he's incredibly fragile.

In a perfect situation I'd love to see our hopeful franchise QB sit and learn for a year or two, and then be ready to take the reigns when Romo goes down or retires.

And you know what, if the new guy can beat out Romo then so be it. I just want one to be capable of winning, and taking over, should the opportunity present itself and lets face it that isn't going to be Moore or anyone on our roster.
And it's also not going to be Manziel or RGIII. Now I do want us to sign a better veteran QB capable of keeping us afloat if Romo goes down again. But I don't want someone who isn't good enough to be the actual eventual starter brought in and Jerry/Stephen view him as the heir apparent and then not draft a quality prospect who could be a true future quality starter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And it's also not going to be Manziel or RGIII. Now I do want us to sign a better veteran QB capable of keeping us afloat if Romo goes down again. But I don't want someone who isn't good enough to be the actual eventual starter brought in and Jerry/Stephen view him as the heir apparent and then not draft a quality prospect who could be a true future quality starter.
Yep. It's pointless to try to cover both ends of a backup. Either get someone who will become a starter at some point or forget ever getting out of the conundrum of having backups that can suit up but can't perform. After all a young future starter can lose games as well as a non qualified veteran. The difference is the replacement candidate stands a better chance of improving.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'm in complete agreement with you. We need an upgrade at the backup QB position without question. And I also want nothing to do with Manziel or RGIII.

That's my concern though if we bring one in before the draft and it being a repeat of last year with the RB position.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
While that certainly could be part of it, that's not the main reason. In fact, my interest in the college game has gone up big time in the last few years. I make time to watch college games and even record some of the west coast games that come on late and watch them the next day.

My interest in video games hasn't suffered a bit either. :art

My point is, the main reason the Cowboys aren't a priority in my life anymore is because of the Jones' and their idiocy.

I could deal with a loser that just kept getting everything wrong. I could accept being a fan of a cursed franchise. But what I cannot stand is being a fan of a team that PURPOSELY dwells in mediocrity because they aren't willing to sacrifice their own personal interests for the sake of improving the team.
I feel the same way. I love football as much as ever -- just as much as I did when I was a little kid. I just enjoy the college game and the general NFL a lot more and the Cowboys a lot less the last few years.

Thanks, Jerry and idiot ginger stepford son.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I feel the same way. I love football as much as ever -- just as much as I did when I was a little kid. I just enjoy the college game and the general NFL a lot more and the Cowboys a lot less the last few years.

Thanks, Jerry and idiot ginger stepford son.
I still enjoy it but after seeing the fail that is Jerruh Jones and the ginger retard I've found myself going from absolutely having to watch all the Dallas games to being meh as to whether or not I catch a game now.

Top Bottom