Week 7 Gameday Chatter | Giants vs. Cowboys| 10/19/2014

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jerry be damned but I'm fully onboard the homer train. Its just such a great feeling to have hope again. I only slightly cringe now when I see Jerry.
Yup.

I'm not letting Jerry's nonsense ruin this run. We're playing better than we have in a very long time, and they are doing things this year that they didn't even do when they made the playoffs at other times in the Romo era.

I'm gonna enjoy this while it lasts and not worry about Jerry or any other nonsense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
what's great about being 6 and 1 is that we can start looking beyond the question of "will we make the playoffs?"

And honestly, the NFC is wide open. and we happen to play a style of play that is conducive to winning in January.

And that's all I've got to say about that.
Yup.

It would be great to at least get the #2 seed. Life would be a lot easier at home and with a week off.

I'm no genius, but I'm gonna guess that if we were fortunate enough to lock up a bye week again, there would be no trips to Cabo this time.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Parnell and Martin were excellent yesterday, but Frederick was even better. He completely dominated the interior and was getting to the second level like a boss. Not Smith's best day, just did not have any power to hold up. Could be he just got beat...or the ankle was not 100%.
Actually Frederick had real problems with Martin from the Giants he dominated him in the 1sr half.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Actually Frederick had real problems with Martin from the Giants he dominated him in the 1sr half.
No he didn't...he was getting on the safety after he took care of his first assignment.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No he didn't...he was getting on the safety after he took care of his first assignment.
Yes he did Hankins Blew up 3 plays with him blocking, Aikman even mentioned it during the broadcast.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yes he did Martin Blew up 3 plays with him blocking, Aikman even mentioned it during the broadcast.
I don't remember Aikman saying that...I do remember him propping Frederick though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yea, ideally I'd like for us to call consecutive run plays early if the first carry gets a nice gain.

I get that we're trying to use our running game to our advantage and hit them with something big via playaction, but the strange thing is that our playaction isn't generating a lot. The only significant plays I can recall through 7 games that we've netted due to playaction were Dez's TD vs the Rams, and Escobar's 2nd TD yesterday - and neither of those we a result of a safety getting sucked in.

I'm not sure why playaction isn't working more for us, but it is a strange issue.
Every since the St.Louis game our play action has been very good. We have had 2 big plays a game, I really don't know how you have not noticed this, Sturm has commented on it in his last 3 decoding articles.

vince

Not So New Member
This was a sweetass victory but what did it for me was seeing Merinelli getting FIRED UP on the sideline! This D is looking like a well oiled machine!

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't remember Aikman saying that...I do remember him propping Frederick though.
Frederick did have some nice plays as usual, but he had trouble with Martin, and he was not the only one.

I was on the fence about Hankins, but he has turned into a real nice player.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess I missed that. I don't know what it pertains to.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This was a sweetass victory but what did it for me was seeing Merinelli getting FIRED UP on the sideline! This D is looking like a well oiled machine!
No lie. That old sucker is scooting around on the sidelines looking for blood even when things are going decent.

The players have taken on his personality.

Cotton

Staff member
The phrase I'm not Mike I mean.
When Romo comes to the line on each play he identifies the Mike (MLB) by number so the line can set their blocking assignments. In the game he did so, and the Mike yelled out "I'm not the Mike! I'm not the Mike!". It was very amusing live.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When Romo comes to the line on each play he identifies the Mike (MLB) by number so the line can set their blocking assignments. In the game he did so, and the Mike yelled out "I'm not the Mike! I'm not the Mike!". It was very amusing live.
I must have been involved with something. I have been nurse maid for a while. Wife had two knee replacements.

Cotton

Staff member
This is just sick...

Top Bottom