2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ezekiel Elliott OROY
Jaylon Smith DROY

Cotton

Staff member
Ezekiel Elliott OROY
Jaylon Smith DROY
Jerry said earlier today that Smith will not start out the season on IR and that he might be ready for the playoffs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry said earlier today that Smith will not start out the season on IR and that he might be ready for the playoffs.

Jesus. I can see it now, depending on a rookie returning and playing for the first time in the playoffs, oh yeah, not a problem.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is a unique risk pick, it is not like there is a precedence of a potential top draftee getting hurt on New Year's Day like Smith did.

But to say it would be the greatest ever? Not certain about that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Jesus. I can see it now, depending on a rookie returning and playing for the first time in the playoffs, oh yeah, not a problem.
It's a trap. DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!

like you did in 2014 lulz

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
8 time all-pro and NFL hall of famer Joe Schmidt dropped to the 7th round after suffering what was considered a career ending injury in college, back in 1953. But back then surgery was so primitive any knee injury was considered career ending.

More recently, Chuck Howley was a first round pick for the Bears in 1958, suffered a career ending injury, got spotted ruining a West Virginia alumni game by being unstoppable on both sides of the ball and got invited to try out for the Cowboys. He ended up being a six time all pro and super bowl MVP who isn't in the HOF strictly because he played for Dallas.

These things are long shots but they can happen.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
8 time all-pro and NFL hall of famer Joe Schmidt dropped to the 7th round after suffering what was considered a career ending injury in college, back in 1953. But back then surgery was so primitive any knee injury was considered career ending.

More recently, Chuck Howley was a first round pick for the Bears in 1958, suffered a career ending injury, got spotted ruining a West Virginia alumni game by being unstoppable on both sides of the ball and got invited to try out for the Cowboys. He ended up being a six time all pro and super bowl MVP who isn't in the HOF strictly because he played for Dallas.

These things are long shots but they can happen.
Ask EJ Holub about knee injuries and surgeries in that era. He had several and played for a while.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know about Smith, but there's no way Zeke isn't favorite by far for OROY.
Well yeah Elliott is already getting hype among fantasy football people as a top 4 rb. The only way he doesn't win it is if he gets hurt or some other rookie from this class puts up massive numbers. I'm guessing Elliott gets 1200-1500 yards rushing this year on around 300 carries.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Best 2nd round pick ever? Without even going outside the franchise... Larry Allen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Don't know about Smith, but there's no way Zeke isn't favorite by far for OROY.
WGAS about OROY.

Zeke's going to split time with Morris, McFadden and other runners not to mention he's working within a balanced offense with weapons like Witten and Bryant.

Might not be enough touches for OROY.

For Zeke to pull it off, he's going to have to carry the team on his back several times in the national spotlight. I really don't want to see us in that mode. It's lazy and wastes the talented skill players playing alongside Zeke.

Media QB-sentimentality maybe favors Lynch given the hype Zeke's already gotten. Lynch has weapons all around him and a fricking stifling defense. All he has to do is hand the ball off and throw conservative passes, say an 18 to 5 TD/INT ratio and a return to the playoffs and he's got a strong chance.

Zeke needs something like 1500 yards, and I think that doesn't make much sense given the other backs on the roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
WGAS about OROY.

Zeke's going to split time with Morris, McFadden and other runners not to mention he's working within a balanced offense with weapons like Witten and Bryant.

Might not be enough touches for OROY.

For Zeke to pull it off, he's going to have to carry the team on his back several times in the national spotlight. I really don't want to see us in that mode. It's lazy and wastes the talented skill players playing alongside Zeke.

Media QB-sentimentality maybe favors Lynch given the hype Zeke's already gotten. Lynch has weapons all around him and a fricking stifling defense. All he has to do is hand the ball off and throw conservative passes, say an 18 to 5 TD/INT ratio and a return to the playoffs and he's got a strong chance.

Zeke needs something like 1500 yards, and I think that doesn't make much sense given the other backs on the roster.
300 carries and 1500 yards is what you should expect out of a RB you're taking 4th in the draft.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What ever happened to the mantra off running the backs until their legs fall off then get a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom