2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Pro Bowl Linebacker Sean Lee Undergoes Offseason Knee Scope
Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:35 AM CDT

By Rob Phillips
@robphillips3

IRVING, Texas – Linebacker Sean Lee had arthroscopic knee surgery on Friday, as multiple reports state.
The scope is a clean-up procedure that doesn’t affect Lee’s availability for training camp, though the Cowboys could choose to be deliberate with the Pro Bowl linebacker’s offseason work.

The Cowboys are in the first phase of the offseason program, which permits strength, conditioning and rehab work with strength and conditioning coaches. OTA’s and minicamp – phase three of the program – is scheduled for late May and June.

In 2015, Lee delivered a career season in his return from 2014 ACL surgery. He started 14 games, the second most of his career, and posted 156 team-credited tackles, 2.5 sacks and 11 tackles for loss – all personal bests. In January, he was named to his first Pro Bowl.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just another day in the life of Sean Lee.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Post Draft Chatter Thread

Post Draft Chatter Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just gave away Chaz Green's number. Cold.

I like what I've seen from Chris Brown and Eagan. I'm sure Eagan didn't get drafted because of size, but is there a reason why Brown wasn't drafted?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like what I've seen from Chris Brown and Eagan. I'm sure Eagan didn't get drafted because of size, but is there a reason why Brown wasn't drafted?
Chris Brown is a dime a dozen WR. No special qualities and he does not contribute on special teams.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that would be stupid. It takes a very specific mentality to play DE. I don't think you can learn those skills over night. He would probably never develop into anything there. TE he actually has a shot and it's something other basketball players have paved the way for.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am excited about Darius Jackson. Just the clips of him and his ability to catch are eye opening. I think this signals a different philosophy for the team too...would have been real easy to ignore the RB position and say Dunbar gets his spot...if they invest in a pick they try their damndest to keep him on the roster...so is DMC or Dunbar in trouble?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am excited about Darius Jackson. Just the clips of him and his ability to catch are eye opening. I think this signals a different philosophy for the team too...would have been real easy to ignore the RB position and say Dunbar gets his spot...if they invest in a pick they try their damndest to keep him on the roster...so is DMC or Dunbar in trouble?
I am too. He looks like a fluid power runner who could make some noise.

Honestly, with Elliott's skillset and versatility, I don't see why we should bother waiting on Dunbar to finally get healthy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think that would be stupid. It takes a very specific mentality to play DE. I don't think you can learn those skills over night. He would probably never develop into anything there. TE he actually has a shot and it's something other basketball players have paved the way for.
This just seems like Efe Obada all over again.

In other words, a waste of time because we fart around deciding what position to work him at or worse, try to do it at more than one.

If you draft this guy, I would hope you have an idea of what you should be developing.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This just seems like Efi Obada all over again.

In other words, a waste of time because we fart around deciding what position to work him at or worse, try to do it at more than one.

If you draft this guy, I would hope you have an idea of what you should be developing.
I agree, if you draft the guy you should have a plan for him. This idea that we will just try him out at a couple spots is ridiculous. You can play TE on pure athleticism in the NFL. You can't play DE without some serious refined skill.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
How many more thread titles is this sucker gonna get?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Morris could be in trouble. He isn't guaranteed much money and doesn't bring anything to the passing game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Morris could be in trouble. He isn't guaranteed much money and doesn't bring anything to the passing game.
How many backs that can receive do you need? Both our rookies are great at it. Dunbar is great at it and so is McFadden. Seems like a lot of useless repetition.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I could see them making Dunbar a full-time WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom