Must See Movies

Jiggyfly

Banned
Kurt Russell Is In ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’, But Who’s He Playing?
BY: DAN SEITZ 02.17.16 • 4 COMMENTS

James Gunn’s never been shy about sharing with fans on his Facebook page, which usually means he drops big news on there casually and waits for the rest of the world to notice. And he had a pretty big announcement today, revealing that the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy‘s started filming, who’s coming back for it, and what shape some of them will be in for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

First of all, Gunn confirmed the rumors that Kurt Russell will be playing a role. Just who he’s playing doesn’t come up, but rumor states he’ll be playing Star Lord’s long-lost father. Joining Russell is Pom Klementieff, playing Mantis; Elizabeth Debicki, who doesn’t have a role confirmed but sure looks like she’d make a great Moondragon; and The Knick‘s Chris Sullivan.

The photo he shared interestingly has Groot as a teeny little sapling, still voiced by Vin Diesel, perched on Drax’s shoulder. We guess Drax forgave Groot for the bad dancing. Beyond that, though, Gunn confirmed a whole host of new and returning cast members. Glenn Close, who played the commander of the Nova Corps, is back, as is Sean Gunn. Interestingly not mentioned are Benicio Del Toro, Karen Gillan, or Michael Rooker, but we’re sure they’re all going to turn up eventually. So, now all we have to do is wait for May 5, 2017. And maybe hope somebody leaks a few tidbits about who, exactly, Kurt Russell’s playing.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The Revenant was okay. I thought I would enjoy it more, but it was a little underwhelming. Impressive looking film, though.
Kind of what I thought. Visually it was very impressive.

Deadpool was extremely entertaining.
Pretty sure I'm going to see this soon. I had never even heard of the character prior to last summer until I was captive audience on an Amtrak between Chicago & central Illinois. Some extreme comic book nerd would not shut up about the character and the (then) upcoming movie. To say he was gushing about it would be grossly underselling. Needless to say I was not initially thinking it was something I would plan on seeing. However, lots of people who are not extreme comic book nerds are saying really good things about it so I am going to check it out. Last time I went to see a movie based on a comic with which I was not familiar was Guardians of the Galaxy and I liked that one quite a bit.

Carl

RIP Brother
Watched Michael Moore's Where do we invade next. It was fun for an hour, then started to meander. Not his best work.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck Michael Moore.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Visit is another M. Night Shyamalan flick. It was not that bad in comparison to some of his other endeavors.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So out of sheer boredom today, I watched The Ridiculous 6 on Netflix.

Holy Christ. I knew Adam Sandler has been struggling lately, but that was a shit fest. Terrible.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So out of sheer boredom today, I watched The Ridiculous 6 on Netflix.

Holy Christ. I knew Adam Sandler has been struggling lately, but that was a shit fest. Terrible.
Did you watch the whole thing? If so, you have a strong sense of conviction.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watched The Martian tonight.

Uh, trying to understand why it was considered great.

Pretty much didn't care for any of the actors save Damon. In a way, it fucking annoyed me a little.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I watch the first parts of it and then turned it off I was so bored by it. It's hard to believe this is the same guy who did Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Finally saw the new Star Wars movie today. It was enjoyable and I am glad I saw it but was short on storyline. It seemed to be a rehash of some of the prior circumstances.

D

Deuce

Pretty much didn't care for any of the actors save Damon. In a way, it fucking annoyed me a little.
It was a one man show which was okay because was real good in it.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't even remember if I watched all of it. All I remember is, I shouldn't have if I did.

Cotton

Staff member

I thought it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Yes, it was a one man show, but when someone is stranded on a foreign planet for 4 years, it kinda has to be. :crazy

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, I did. Did I mention I was bored?

I watched about half, thinking it HAD to get better. It didn't. But by then, I was committed and had to see it through.

D

Deuce

Saw Deadpool today. Very thankful it wasn't completely filled with the 3rd wall stuff since that typically annoys the shit out of me. But overall very good. Love Colossus and glad he finally got some run in one of these Marvel movies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Saw Deadpool today. Very thankful it wasn't completely filled with the 3rd wall stuff since that typically annoys the shit out of me. But overall very good. Love Colossus and glad he finally got some run in one of these Marvel movies.
Colossus was an excellent foil to Deadpool, likable but a complete boy scout.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
4th wall.

Top Bottom