NFL Coach/GM Chatter

Carp

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will be impressed if the 49ers win more than seven games next year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I will be impressed if the 49ers win more than seven games next year.
Let's look at the 49ers now:

A shit head coach, no OC worth a damn still on the market, a mediocre DC, a bonafide loser at QB, and a really tough division. That doesn't scream "improvement". Those morons are going to regret losing Harbaugh for a long, long time.

But hey, Harbaugh has assembled a fucking kick ass staff at Michigan!:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Let's look at the 49ers now:

A shit head coach, no OC worth a damn still on the market, a mediocre DC, a bonafide loser at QB, and a really tough division. That doesn't scream "improvement". Those morons are going to regret losing Harbaugh for a long, long time.

But hey, Harbaugh has assembled a fucking kick ass staff at Michigan!:towel
It is not even Harbaugh.

Part of the "charm" of Tomsula was that the defense would remain intact and have some continuity.

I may be way off, but Tomsula seems like a Campo hire.

Rewarding a lifer for being a company man who makes the decision maker laugh on occasion.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It is not even Harbaugh.

Part of the "charm" of Tomsula was that the defense would remain intact and have some continuity.

Rewarding a lifer for being a company man who makes the decision maker laugh on occasion.
Like I said, a shit head coach. That team is on a crash course into the dumpster, and I'm glad that York and Baalke are too stupid to realize it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Like I said, a shit head coach. That team is on a crash course into the dumpster, and I'm glad that York and Baalke are too stupid to realize it.
It's not really Baalke, who has some common sense. York is just a dickhead who wants a guy who is "humble"....in other words, shuts the hell up and knows his place on the food chain. York is a clown, the spoiled nephew of DeBartolo who knows zero about football.

It is kind of what we can expect when Spaulding takes over.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It's not really Baalke, who has some common sense. York is just a dickhead who wants a guy who is "humble"....in other words, shuts the hell up and knows his place on the food chain. York is a clown, the spoiled nephew of DeBartolo who knows zero about football.

It is kind of what we can expect when Spaulding takes over.
I totally agree that York is an idiot who knows nothing about football and is more focused on getting a "yes" man than a qualified coach, but let's not discount the friction between Baalke and Harbaugh. That relationship was toxic, and I'm more than convinced that Baalke was able to use that as leverage to get Harbaugh out the door given York's lack of football acumen. It would be very easy to spin Harbaugh as something other than "humble" and a "company man".

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
LeBeau not going to Arizona. They are promoting some guy I never heard of.

LeBeau is going to Tennessee because it is closer to his Cincinnati home.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It is not even Harbaugh.

That's what I'm hoping for. They arguably have the best taken in the league. Came extremely close three years in a row but couldn't get it done and now are possibly on the verge of squandering it all. I love it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
LeBeau not going to Arizona. They are promoting some guy I never heard of.

LeBeau is going to Tennessee because it is closer to his Cincinnati home.
Reuniting with Whisenhunt and Horton. That defense looked pretty tough when we played them, and that's going to be a damned good staff.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I liked Todd Grantham. IMO, he was a big part of our 09 defense getting us into the playoffs and past the Eagles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Heh heh.

It is amazing how these staffs just change places.

Denver will be Houston circa 2013. Chicago will be Denver last year. Etc., etc.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Reuniting with Whisenhunt and Horton. That defense looked pretty tough when we played them, and that's going to be a damned good staff.
They fell apart late in the year though as they couldn't stop the run to save their lives.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's what I'm hoping for. They arguably have the best taken in the league. Came extremely close three years in a row but couldn't get it done and now are possibly on the verge of squandering it all. I love it.
Me too. Nothing beats a hated rival going to shit and watching it unfold right before your eyes.

The dynamics of NFL front offices never cease to amaze me with their lack of insight and how much ego really does play a part in the whole thing.

Dysfunction reigns in the majority of NFL front offices when they start messing with what works. It ain't just for Jerry anymore.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Me too. Nothing beats a hated rival going to shit and watching it unfold right before your eyes.

The dynamics of NFL front offices never cease to amaze me with their lack of insight and how much ego really does play a part in the whole thing.

Dysfunction reigns in the majority of NFL front offices when they start messing with what works. It ain't just for Jerry anymore.
Jerry was a pioneer, the forerunner.

Top Bottom