QB Controversy Thread...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:rofl

2 or 3 of us could reasonably anticipate a performance like this coming. The rest of you were wrong.

It's not about, could we have done better up to that point, it's about can a rookie win in December/january when it's cold and bad weather and we're playing strong motivated defenses that can confuse a rookie.

That's what the rest of you weren't grasping, and I'm amazed you're still not grasping it.

I know dak can play well against Tampa in a week or Pittsburgh in November or whatever, it was never about that. The scary part is, he'll probably play well next week and we'll feel better. But the question won't be answered until the playoffs.

I wish I was wrong, trust me. And now I hope he can figure things out and turn it around. Because we can't go back to Romo now unless dak is completely bottoming out.
Wait, so you're trying to tell us that Romo never had a bad game in December or January where his play cost the team a win? Because I can point out several off the top of my head.

As Ace pointed out, the absolute right decision was made and it paid off with an 11-1 start to the season. If that's being "wrong" I'll take being "wrong" 10 times out of 10.

I had the same concerns about Dak, a southerner, playing in a cold weather game, but you know what. The Cowboys will likely lock up HFA next week, so the road to the Super Bowl will run through climate controlled Dallas. Problem solved.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It should be obvious to everyone now that this team is going to have to have an experienced QB to take them the rest of the way. The water is deep now and it's gonna get deeper.
If Dak struggles next week against Tampa I'm fine with Romo coming in and trying to jump start the offense.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And yet, you don't simply switch qb's upon a whim. Or in the midst of an 11 game win streak. You just don't .

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And yet, you don't simply switch qb's upon a whim. Or in the midst of an 11 game win streak. You just don't .
Exactly.

I don't know why this concept is so hard to grasp for sone of these guys.

Not only do you not mess with that kind of chemistry, taking a guy out when he was playing so well could've created some issues with the team. You risk sending the wrong message to the locker room.

But because they've let things play out organically, they can put Romo in now and the locker room would understand because they can all see how the offense has struggled as of late.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But then what do you do if Romo comes in and plays shitty cause he's not played in forever ? Switch back to Dak? Where does it end? You can't assume Romo's gonna step in and play lights out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
But then what do you do if Romo comes in and plays shitty cause he's not played in forever ? Switch back to Dak? Where does it end? You can't assume Romo's gonna step in and play lights out.
That's certainly a possibility, but we have to at least find out if Dak struggles again next week.

If Romo struggles too, then it just isn't our year.

D

Deuce

There were a lot of people who were really quick to shit on the couple of us that thought going back to Romo when he got healthy was the right thing to do. Wouldn't even acknowledge that we may have had a point and that we may have even been right.

There were a lot of people who were really quick to shit all over Romo's career and really quick to forget how very good Romo has been.

You know who you are. Consider this your ode.
Who didn't see a "We told you so!!1!" Post coming after one poor start? I certainly did.

And I'm not going to overreact. The O struggles last week, but so does everybody against Minnesota and we still scored 17 and pulled off a win. This week sucked. But an easily attainable bounce back game against TB will put this boring conversation right back into perspective.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Once they do that to Prescott there is no going back.

dallen

Senior Tech
Who didn't see a "We told you so!!1!" Post coming after one poor start? I certainly did.

And I'm not going to overreact. The O struggles last week, but so does everybody against Minnesota and we still scored 17 and pulled off a win. This week sucked. But an easily attainable bounce back game against TB will put this boring conversation right back into perspective.
I'm worried, but there's time left to figure it out before the playoffs. Dak has earned the right to play his way out of this slump. If we're going to pull him after a couple sub par games they should have put Romo back in as soon as he was healthy. If he still looks bad over the next game and a half then maybe you think about putting Romo in and letting him get ready for the playoffs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It kind of feels like we have an offbeat version of "Any Given Sunday" going on.

The young black hot shot QB comes in for the cagey vet who's struggling to come back from injury.

Once the vet is healed the organization sticks with the young guy. Young guy struggles towards the end resulting in the team have to turn to the cagey vet to save the season.

There's even a meddlesome GM/owner pushing for his guy to get playing time.

All we need is for Garrett to deliver and "Inches" speech before next week's game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

"One" poor start?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wait, so you're trying to tell us that Romo never had a bad game in December or January where his play cost the team a win? Because I can point out several off the top of my head.

As Ace pointed out, the absolute right decision was made and it paid off with an 11-1 start to the season. If that's being "wrong" I'll take being "wrong" 10 times out of 10.

I had the same concerns about Dak, a southerner, playing in a cold weather game, but you know what. The Cowboys will likely lock up HFA next week, so the road to the Super Bowl will run through climate controlled Dallas. Problem solved.
Nope, not trying to tell you that and you're missing the point.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
No one expected that Dak Prescott was going to put up 400 yards of offense and a QB rating of 100+ every week for the rest of the season. We all knew there would be struggles. Last night was one of them. But the guy just ripped off 11 wins in a row and the first time he loses since week one we get some "Told ya! Rookie!" shit? Dak has passed every test that has been put in front of him so far. December/the playoffs are going to be huge tests and maybe he will pass or maybe he will fail. I am glad the organization has made the decision that they are going to roll with him and find out. He is the guy now and going forward. You don't bail on him now for a guy who is made of glass and has played less than a handful of meaningful games in two years on the slim chance that he comes in and leads the team to the promised land; something he was never able to do in his 10 years as a starter, BTW.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol

Dak looked pedestrian last night...but lets call it like we see it. Garrett and Linehan didn't do the kid any favors- who is the fucking Einstein that came up with pulling Zeke out of the game every 3rd down? Dunbar should never see the field. If its not Morris, put in McFadden on 3rd downs.

Linehan had another shitty gameplan and never adjusted to the pressure and coverages the Giants were showing. He deserves a ton of blame.

Dak had to contend with shitty field position all night thanks to numerous holds and poor decisions on fielding and returning punts. But lets blame Dak for that too.

How about your ALL PRO WR number 88 shitting the bed and getting shut down by fucking Janoris Jenkins? Really? Janoris Jenkins? On top of that, Brice Butler couldn't catch a cold. He's useless.

Dak gets a pass...he's a rookie. I expected a wall, a string of struggles. But it is on the veterans on this team, and the coaching staff to help him...and he didn't get any help from anyone last night.

D

Deuce

"One" poor start?
Yes, one. Last week wasn't a Pro Bowl effort, but he managed the game and produced when he could to secure the victory. This week he forced some things, didn't anticipate well and struggled with accuracy.

D

Deuce

Dak looked pedestrian last night...but lets call it like we see it. Garrett and Linehan didn't do the kid any favors- who is the fucking Einstein that came up with pulling Zeke out of the game every 3rd down? Dunbar should never see the field. If its not Morris, put in McFadden on 3rd downs.

Linehan had another shitty gameplan and never adjusted to the pressure and coverages the Giants were showing. He deserves a ton of blame.

Dak had to contend with shitty field position all night thanks to numerous holds and poor decisions on fielding and returning punts. But lets blame Dak for that too.

How about your ALL PRO WR number 88 shitting the bed and getting shut down by fucking Janoris Jenkins? Really? Janoris Jenkins? On top of that, Brice Butler couldn't catch a cold. He's useless.

Dak gets a pass...he's a rookie. I expected a wall, a string of struggles. But it is on the veterans on this team, and the coaching staff to help him...and he didn't get any help from anyone last night.
I agree. Linehan had maybe his worst game of the season as well. Not only the Dunbar bullshit, but the run was completely abandoned in a 3 point game the entire 4th Q. Maybe a run on first down, but then 2nd down was PA pass almost every time. Just stick to pounding them with Zeke.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

townsend

Banned
I don't think there's a team that hasn't struggled like this at some point during the year. knee jerking about Dak is unwarranted and silly. It's the first lousy game of his career. Romo has a couple every single season.

Dak's 11-2, but with the hysteria I've been seeing, you'd think he was 2-11.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Only Romo gets the benefit of those types of excuses. For 10 years. Get with the program.

Top Bottom