Brexit

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Really? Nothing?
Now I notice Carl's absence... A global view...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just one of the biggest stories of the last decade, nothing to see here.

But yea, the whole situation is kind of comical to me. I have no idea what is going to happen moving forward so I don't have much of an opinion. The US market didn't tank as much as I thought it would though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Surprising but what does it really mean?

From everything I have hheardit will take several tears to actually untangle from the EU.

It will be interesting what happens with Scotland they want to stay.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

From everything I have hheardit will take several tears to actually untangle from the EU.

Yeah it's like a 2 year process. We will have plenty of time to discuss the impact. It's funny though because all of the young people are pissed off at the old people for voting like they did.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah it's like a 2 year process. We will have plenty of time to discuss the impact. It's funny though because all of the young people are pissed off at the old people for voting like they did.
I have heared as long as 10 years.

They have to renegotiate trade, immigration, banking deals with all European nations again and the rest of Europe has no reason to make it easy.

townsend

Banned

I was opposed to Scottish independence, now I think they should have left.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Really? Nothing?
Now I notice Carl's absence... A global view...
Oh yeah? Who give a sheeeeit....MURCA!

All kidding aside, it is kind of a joke how this all rolled out.

There were dummies in Great Britain who voted to leave but actually took to Twitter and stated they didn't think their vote would count and they only did it because they are tired of the refugees.

Their economy is almost as bankrupt from an intellectual capacity standpoint as ours is. Doing the same silly ass shit for the last 20 years plus is catching up to them.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
As a matter of principle, I think power should be centralized on as local a level as possible. Nations should be allowed to have total control over regulating incoming border traffic. I am not big on the "citizen of the world" stuff.

That said, I am not educated enough to comment on the financial fallout.

I will say that the people claiming this is a harbinger of a global right-wing populist uprising and Trump Presidency are wrong, IMO.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
It is interesting though that this really does seem like push back against those that want the global society to be dominant over individual sovereignty. Just like it makes me ill when I hear Obama or justices he has chosen talking about looking at what the rest of the world may have done when evaluating cases in front of them. That's balderdash. They have one source they need to consider and maybe the Brits were feeling as though they were losing their own sovereignty to the EU as well. I do understand this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As a matter of principle, I think power should be centralized on as local a level as possible. Nations should be allowed to have total control over regulating incoming border traffic. I am not big on the "citizen of the world" stuff.

That said, I am not educated enough to comment on the financial fallout.

I will say that the people claiming this is a harbinger of a global right-wing populist uprising and Trump Presidency are wrong, IMO.
Nor do I but it seems to me there is a generational aspect, as it looks like young Brits think the old guard fucked them over.

shane

DCC 4Life
Nor do I but it seems to me there is a generational aspect, as it looks like young Brits think the old guard fucked them over.
Yep - the entitled generation of coddled, pathetic millennial 'global citizens' who would sell out all measures of sovereignty, decency and freedom for any handout they can get really took it on the chin with this vote! :happydance

It's too bad the tea party or libertarians don't have a politician in America with the balls of Nigel Farage of UKIP. The Republic would be a lot better off.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep - the entitled generation of coddled, pathetic millennial 'global citizens' who would sell out all measures of sovereignty, decency and freedom for any handout they can get really took it on the chin with this vote! :happydance

It's too bad the tea party or libertarians don't have a politician in America with the balls of Nigel Farage of UKIP. The Republic would be a lot better off.
What would a Nigel Farage do that's equivalent in America?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Give Texas a legitimate reason to secede?
You may be joking, but I have really started leaning towards supporting that thought. Especially the way this election season has gone.

townsend

Banned
What would a Nigel Farage do that's equivalent in America?
Ted Cruz. I think that without Trump he'd definitely have the nomination and could easily be leading Hillary. In a way Trump is a God send, for short circuiting our right wingers into voting for a sham candidate.

townsend

Banned
You may be joking, but I have really started leaning towards supporting that thought. Especially the way this election season has gone.
Absolutely not. Absolutely not. Our state is run by morons, the last thing they need is them being allowed to operate outside of the constraints of the constitution.

Top Bottom