Video Game Chatter

D

Deuce

You can throw high and low passes now. Found that out by doing the Madden Skills Trainer.

Press L1 for the high/fade route type pass.

Press L2 to throw the ball low.

I've high pointed a few with Dez.
That's cool. Looks like if there is a Madden league, the Devon Funchess' of the world will have a home after all.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Played about 6 games so far, and I'm liking it.

Anyone else try playing Jaylon Smith at MLB? He plays way higher than his rating and constantly makes plays for me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Anyone else try playing Jaylon Smith at MLB? He plays way higher than his rating and constantly makes plays for me.
I don't cheat. I take the shitty roster.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You can throw high and low passes now. Found that out by doing the Madden Skills Trainer.

Press L1 for the high/fade route type pass.

Press L2 to throw the ball low.

I've high pointed a few with Dez.
I'm addicted to the skills trainer.

You can actually throw a back shoulder fade to Dez. The first time I connected it I was like :hawfap

You can finally make some real life throws and it's a sweet feeling when you actually pull it off. I'll be spending more time in this practice mode than I have in many years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another neat thing I just noticed.

I forced Cousins to fumble with a strip-sack and Tapper picked it up and ran it in for a TD from about 30 yards out. The cool thing was around the 5 yard line Jordan Reed caught him, started trying to tackle him from behind while attempting to "Peanut Tillman" punch the ball out from behind. He took 2 or 3 punches at the ball.

I had to rewind it to make sure what I thought I saw was accurate and it was.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Forget Booze. I play with Jaylon Smith.

My first order of business when I started franchise mode was ditching Rolando McClain and burying Rand Gregory on the bench.

I actually traded McClain to the Dolphins for DE Chris McCain and a 3rd round draft pick. :towel

dallen

Senior Tech
Friggin UPS fucked up my delivery of No Man's Sky. Was supposed to be here yesterday, but now it's looking like it will be Monday. At least Amazon was good enough to refund me the 4 bucks I paid to have it next day.
Did you have to complain to them to get the refund?

dallen

Senior Tech
When I try to play modern sports games they make me feel like a really old man. There are just too many damn buttons these days! Get off my lawn

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
When I try to play modern sports games they make me feel like a really old man. There are just too many damn buttons these days! Get off my lawn
:lol

Even as an active gamer, that is exactly how I felt playing this new Madden on the first day. Now I'm getting the hang of it and learning all the tricks and stuff, but that first day I felt like such a noob.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

Even as an active gamer, that is exactly how I felt playing this new Madden on the first day. Now I'm getting the hang of it and learning all the tricks and stuff, but that first day I felt like such a noob.
The first day is exclusively for noobs. :art

junk

Not So New Member
Friggin UPS fucked up my delivery of No Man's Sky. Was supposed to be here yesterday, but now it's looking like it will be Monday. At least Amazon was good enough to refund me the 4 bucks I paid to have it next day.
I'm strangely addicted to it. Even though you do much of the same stuff over and over, you still get into the mode of "Let's see whats on this next planet" or "I need to search this planet to find this blueprint"

And it is lots of fun to name stuff. I'm not sure how old you have to be to not find 8th grade humor funny, but I'm not there yet apparently.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did you have to complain to them to get the refund?
I did, but I was being impatient. I'm sure they would have regardless, though. They have great customer service.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm strangely addicted to it. Even though you do much of the same stuff over and over, you still get into the mode of "Let's see whats on this next planet" or "I need to search this planet to find this blueprint"

And it is lots of fun to name stuff. I'm not sure how old you have to be to not find 8th grade humor funny, but I'm not there yet apparently.
:lol I'm not there yet, either.

1bigfan13

Staff member
An exploration type game that I eventually want to play is Far Cry Primal.

Top Bottom