Schefter asked two NFL people about Prescott

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Seattle threw wrinkles at him last night, which I predicted they would do. And honestly the kid looked pretty damn good. He held the ball too long a few times, but #88 wasn't on the field, either so I give him a big free pass on that one.

I am definitely on the Believer train. He is looking like the real deal, but I realize he's going to have some growing pains.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Seattle threw wrinkles at him last night, which I predicted they would do. And honestly the kid looked pretty damn good. He held the ball too long a few times, but #88 wasn't on the field, either so I give him a big free pass on that one.

I am definitely on the Believer train. He is looking like the real deal, but I realize he's going to have some growing pains.
The good thing is, the holding the ball too long is any easy thing to coach out of him. He is still making good decisions with the football and playing with vet poise. It's amazing to watch, tbh.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Dak has far exceeded all expectations to this point. It's obviously early but if he turns out to be a home run and our long term answer at QB it'll be the best thing thats happened to this franchise in 20 years. It would likely surpass hitting on Romo as a FA. As many games as Tony helped win, his erratic play and costly mistakes at times early in his career helped contribute to us not really getting over the hump. The last few years we've been more balanced and he's cut down on those mistakes but he's become so injury prone it hasn't been able to stay on the field.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak has far exceeded all expectations to this point. It's obviously early but if he turns out to be a home run and our long term answer at QB it'll be the best thing thats happened to this franchise in 20 years. It would likely surpass hitting on Romo as a FA. As many games as Tony helped win, his erratic play and costly mistakes at times early in his career helped contribute to us not really getting over the hump. The last few years we've been more balanced and he's cut down on those mistakes but he's become so injury prone it hasn't been able to stay on the field.
There is nothing better then having a young star QB on a rookie contract. If Prescott pans out it will give us so much more flexibility with the cap. Which also allows us to move on from Romo far easier.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He was drafted to be Romo's backup with no serious thought to making him QOTF.

He's already met the former goal, which is outstanding for a 4th round pick in just his third preseason game.

That alone gives Dallas hundreds of additional practice reps to determine if the latter will ever happen.

Expectations aside, Dak is clearly ahead of schedule.

data

Forbes #1
What's the catch?

no way Jerruh catches lightning in a bottle twice with unheralded QB prospects.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think Dak was one of the most reviled draft prospects on this board.

No one had anything good to say about him at all, ever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I will admit it. I thought he was a black Tebow.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He sold his soul for the 90s Cowboys, Stephen's soul for Romo, probably had to auction off a couple grandkids for Dak.
His grandson sold his for Dak. That thought right their will,haunt Booze for awhile.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah the best I could say was that after Cook he was the last QB I'd draft. I also liked him waaaaaaay more then Brissett, Hackenberg and Kessler. All guys who went before Prescott who I wouldn't have drafted.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I didn't think he was that good.
He was pretty damn good in 2014. 2015 he regressed a bit.

But all of that was in the framework of him operating in a gimmick offense like a college QB.

All I can say is that I am pretty damn impressed so far.

That said, anyone saying they "called it" probably thought his game would translate to the NFL.

There are still dummies now that think Tebow could step onto the field and win an NFL game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I thought his only contribution this year would be "wildcat" plays. That might remain true if Romo stays healthy.

townsend

Banned
I thought his only contribution this year would be "wildcat" plays. That might remain true if Romo stays healthy.
He hasn't kept a clean bill of health since 09. Even two years ago during Romo's Renaissance year, a decent back up might have won us another game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was probably Dak's biggest fan here leading up to the draft. Remember when I was thinking about changing my name to YesDak?

Remember?

:tippytoe

Top Bottom