LOL @ the Redskins

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Haven't bothered to search on it at all, but how do the #analytics show that you don't need a franchise QB to do anything?

I'd be so pissed if I were a Browns fan. Must be so depressing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haven't bothered to search on it at all, but how do the #analytics show that you don't need a franchise QB to do anything?

I'd be so pissed if I were a Browns fan. Must be so depressing.
I think they are so intent on being different that they are just destroying that team. It's like they know the normal route and want to do the exact opposite because they have failed at the normal route for so long.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A team in desperate need of a QB has a potential franchise QB looking them right in the face. It defies logic for that team to not take the QB. And instead gets a shit ton of WRs.
Add that is why they are the Cleveland Browns.

They aren't cursed like their fans would believe, they're just stupid.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Add that is why they are the Cleveland Browns.

They aren't cursed like their fans would believe, they're just stupid.
I might even understand if they decided they didn't like Wentz but hell they traded the pick away before they even knew which of the two QBs would be there. The only way that move makes sense by the Browns is if they thought Kessler was the best QB in this draft. Which by the way would be about as retarded as it gets. I wouldn't have been all that surprised to see Kessler go in the seventh round.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I might even understand if they decided they didn't like Wentz but hell they traded the pick away before they even knew which of the two QBs would be there. The only way that move makes sense by the Browns is if they thought Kessler was the best QB in this draft. Which by the way would be about as retarded as it gets. I wouldn't have been all that surprised to see Kessler go in the seventh round.
I thought they might draft Lynch and pocket the extra picks. You can't convince me Wentz or Goff are worth Lynch plus one or two more good players on top of it.

What they did instead kind of defies belief.

Relying on RG3 is a proven recipe for failure. Washington tried that again and again. They are facing an uphill battle vs the Steelers, Bengals, and probably resurgent Ravens twice a year.

They squandered an opportunity to grow their own pedigreed starter to counter Roethlisberger, Dalton, and Flacco.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm sure this is unpopular, but I'm intrigued by the browns. I think they might be on the right track.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess, but I actually think they might be on to something. A lot of people say that analytics can't work in football, but I don't see why not.
Depends all on how they are used. Baseball is different in that players don't really impact each others performance as much. For example, a hitter at the plate is not impacted so much by how the other 8 guys are doing. So his stats are more "pure" and it's easier to extrapolate. A WR on the other hand is impacted by his QB, the O-line blocking for his QB and the style of defense being played against him. So there is more to it then just stats. There is a lot more play for interpretation.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I guess, but I actually think they might be on to something. A lot of people say that analytics can't work in football, but I don't see why not.
They've had too many personnel problems to discount management's role in their terrible performances. Can't blame all of it on the dumpster fire at QB.

There's something broken in that culture. Two seasons of 9 or more wins since 1999? Unreal.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Depends all on how they are used. Baseball is different in that players don't really impact each others performance as much. For example, a hitter at the plate is not impacted so much by how the other 8 guys are doing. So his stats are more "pure" and it's easier to extrapolate. A WR on the other hand is impacted by his QB, the O-line blocking for his QB and the style of defense being played against him. So there is more to it then just stats. There is a lot more play for interpretation.
All that is true, but it's not just about stats. It's also stuff like volume in drafting.

data

Forbes #1
[MENTION=41]Genghis Khan[/MENTION]

you wanna meet at the border?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Washington Redskins finally drop offensive name, Dan Snyder owner of the NFL Redskins has announced that the team is dropping " Washington" from the team name, and it will henceforth be simply known as "The Redskins." It was reported that he finds the word “Washington” imparts a negative image of poor leadership, mismanagement, corruption, cheating, lying, graft and is not a fitting role-model for young fans of football.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
The Washington Redskins finally drop offensive name, Dan Snyder owner of the NFL Redskins has announced that the team is dropping " Washington" from the team name, and it will henceforth be simply known as "The Redskins." It was reported that he finds the word “Washington” imparts a negative image of poor leadership, mismanagement, corruption, cheating, lying, graft and is not a fitting role-model for young fans of football.
:lol

Top Bottom