2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Random is Random.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What Gordon? Josh?

Cotton

Staff member
What Gordon? Josh?
Yeah, he's referring to Josh Gordon. There is a huge debate going on between Gavin and Mike Bacsik right now on Twitter about whether we should go after him or not.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah, he's referring to Josh Gordon. There is a huge debate going on between Gavin and Mike Bacsik right now on Twitter about whether we should go after him or not.
Take all of the people that voted Yes out back and give me some more oxygen.

Cotton

Staff member
The yeses are winning, btw.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Cowboys going after Gordon is a stunningly retarded notion. Why the hell would that make sense or even be on anyone's radar?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If there's a DE by the name of Gordon, we should give him a look.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Can't blame the Browns for floating out the trade rumors on Gordon. Get something for him while you can.....before his next suspension.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love the talent but hell no. We can't afford to have another guy penciled in as a starter go out for pot. You can take a risk or two on guys with drug problems but there is sort of a limit to that and Dallas has already reached their limit. Any more and you're just going to potentially sour the entire locker room.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't blame the Browns for floating out the trade rumors on Gordon. Get something for him while you can.....before his next suspension.
Well yeah, even if he plays this year with no problems his long term future odds aren't great. The Browns are rebuilding and they drafted a crap ton of WR's in the process. They don't even have roster space for all those guys. Makes wonderful sense for them to clear Gordon out.

The part I hate most is that he is the type of guy who could go to the Patriots and have a wonderful season or two. And then they just cut him.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Love the talent but hell no. We can't afford to have another guy penciled in as a starter go out for pot. You can take a risk or two on guys with drug problems but there is sort of a limit to that and Dallas has already reached their limit. Any more and you're just going to potentially sour the entire locker room.
Not only that but what's next level of suspension? Life? The guy hasn't learned from being kicked out of Baylor for it yet. I don't think he ever will.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

They trademarked "do your job," that's preposterous.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

They trademarked "do your job," that's preposterous.
No, but it is a lot like what Garrett does.

He rips off shit from great head coaches constantly.

He regurgitates the obvious and some people are impressed.

I don't think it works for the Joe Average player. Guys that "do their job" anyways like Romo and Witten are his lieutenants.

If there is a quote from a great head coach, he's probably ripped it off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe, but Do your Job is something every F'ing boss in this world says. I think it's hilarious that the Patriots would act like they somehow coined the term.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe, but Do your Job is something every F'ing boss in this world says. I think it's hilarious that the Patriots would act like they somehow coined the term.
Gronkowski was not the dummy who said anything about "patents". That was Rovell.

All in all, it is irrelevant.

Players in the NFL know the deal. And for Garrett to steal a slogan, that's just bush league and what he is, robotic.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
How did Garrett steal this "slogan"? Is he in charge of the design of the new building and decides what goes up on the wall?

Besides, like CRock said... 'Do Your Job' is a basic sentence said by every boss throughout time. To get upset about somebody supposedly stealing it is stupid.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No, but it is a lot like what Garrett does.

He rips off shit from great head coaches constantly.

He regurgitates the obvious and some people are impressed.

I don't think it works for the Joe Average player. Guys that "do their job" anyways like Romo and Witten are his lieutenants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom