Has anybody talked to Skid? [Please donate to help to support Skid and his family]

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ok I think I have everything I need.

I was waiting for any last minute donations but I think we are done.

I am going to try and have it delivered today or tomorrow depending on their availability to be home.

I will also try and have them email me a picture of the actual arrangement so everybody can see it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sorry for not being able to contribute to this, but in addition to raising my two kids and my sister's four kids, I recently had to take in my step daughter's three kids.

And you guys think I'm a fuck up. :lol

RAISE YOUR GODDAM KIDS!!!

~whimpers~
Struggle now, but you gonna be a fucking king come tax time.

:towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sorry for not being able to contribute to this, but in addition to raising my two kids and my sister's four kids, I recently had to take in my step daughter's three kids.

And you guys think I'm a fuck up. :lol

RAISE YOUR GODDAM KIDS!!!

~whimpers~
You could use more than memes.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have had a couple of people still wanting to donate if you can get it in before 5:00 I can get a bigger arrangement and add some to the gift card.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I have had a couple of people still wanting to donate if you can get it in before 5:00 I can get a bigger arrangement and add some to the gift card.
I wouldn't worry about a larger arrangement...put the extra money to more food in the feast.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I wouldn't worry about a larger arrangement...put the extra money to more food in the feast.
Agreed. The entrees aren't cheap and once you start adding beverages, tax, and tip the bill for 10 people could start to get pretty high. Any additional money towards the meal can be put towards appetizers or whatever. And if they do end up having some money left on the gift certificate maybe Skid and his wife can get out for a lunch or another dinner, just the two of them.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I will probably do both, depending on the final amount.

The gift cards are in incremental dollar amounts and the florist is working with me on the size of the arrangement I have some wiggle room to add a few dollars.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The thanks email I got for donating was from Mark. Jiggy I'll assume that is you and just say again thanks for doing this Mark.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The thanks email I got for donating was from Mark. Jiggy I'll assume that is you and just say again thanks for doing this Mark.
I didn't get a thank you email. But if it was to come from Jiggy I understand. He hates me.

:shrug

Jiggyfly

Banned
I didn't get a thank you email. But if it was to come from Jiggy I understand. He hates me.

:shrug
I sent out no emails it was probably generated from the donation site.

I don't hate anybody you probably just looked over the email or it went to spam, I did not even know one was going out.

data

Forbes #1

I don't hate anybody you probably just looked over the email or it went to spam, I did not even know one was going out.
I've read both arguments...I've gotta go with LT Fan with this one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Kidding. :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ok so everything has been done.

The arrangement should be delivered today and the gift card has already been sent by email.

I gave both Skid as his wife separate cards , his with the green balloon.

They are going to try and email me a picture of the arrangement I will try a share it when and if I get a picture.

If not hopefully Skid can share once he gets it.

They will give me a confirmation once it is delivered, I will confirm in here.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
May have already said this, but PROPS to all the DCC'ers who've reached out to this family in some way.

Good group of guys you are.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hey dudes, wassup? I can't tell you how awesome what you guys have done for my family is. My wife calls all of you my pretend friends but now is a believer in you turds. Since Cotton has been so gracious to us and now the DCC has been here for us collectively she doesn't think you are all imagined. So we thank you for what you have done. The green ballon was a nice touch. It is humbling and for me to receive a gift like this.

My wife has been through it this past year. It hasn't been just that but our entire family has seen its fair share of struggles. With health, financial and other stuff. It seems like it's been the year of suck. Still, my wife is a certified badass and continues on. One example is how much she wanted to be at my sons football scrimmage yesterday: there was a long walk to the other side of the stadium that she struggled with (neuropathy in her hands and feet) but wanted to walk on her own. About 15 minutes into the game she leaned on me and slept the rest for the time.

This month I blew up the engine in my truck, one of my sons did the same thing and my 21 year old son rolled his car in the weirdest place. A pipe busted upstairs and flooded our house to the point that most of downstairs was gutted. So we are in a temporary place while we do repairs. I've had some serious health issues as well, so yay. With my focus changing it has taken focus off of my business which has sucked. We aren't going to starve (I'm still fat - now I see how the poors can be fat) or anything. All you can do is laugh at this point.

I'm not trying to be doom and gloom but it seems like all of my misfortune has been in a concentrated time. So our family is closer than ever as I've eliminated all of the distractions in my life. I don't have time for slacking and it was effecting my attitude on the DCC. I said some things I regretted so I decided to put myself in timeout.

We are actually doing well considering the circumstances. We still laugh and act like idiots with each her like always. My wife has her ups and downs but overall she is past most of her worst treatments. She completed most of her chemotherapy, recently had another surgery and is now undergoing radiation along with hormone therapy (herceptin - that stuff is horrible) and all sorts of pills. We expect her to be getting better in the coming months. It is hard to describe what this has been like for all of us. They prescribed the most aggressive treatment plan for her and bombed her body with all that she could take and then some. It is hard to watch for me as I've been her protection and provider since she was 17 years old. Now at 40 I faced the first thing that I couldn't solve for her.

Thank you all for the support. It definitely put a smile on our faces. We are already planning to go to PF Chang tonight with my crew, wife, kids and my adult kids' future wives. It was perfect timing as schedules make to hard to get everyone together. That wouldn't have been possible without you. It is the best medicine for momma to have those that she loves close to her, laughing and harassing the poor people who work and dine at this place.

Once again, thank you!

post more, seriously

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Have a great time tonight, bud!

I hope you and your family enjoy the meal and the time with one another.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm not crying, you're crying!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
May have already said this, but PROPS to all the DCC'ers who've reached out to this family in some way.

Good group of guys you are.
I echo this sentiment. Mucho props.

Top Bottom