Video Game Chatter

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Got it fixed for you, Geng.

junk

Not So New Member
So I got a PS4 that I rarely have time to play. Maybe a bit every Friday/Saturday night. I got Star Wars Battlefront, which is fun, but I've come to realize I am hopelessly outmatched in most online matches I'm in.

What's a good PS4 title that I can play periodically and isn't an online disaster where 12 year olds are shooting me in the back as soon as I spawn (yes, I know that sentence makes me seem old)

Skyrim, Fallout, GTA, etc. have been some of my favorites over the last few years.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So I got a PS4 that I rarely have time to play. Maybe a bit every Friday/Saturday night. I got Star Wars Battlefront, which is fun, but I've come to realize I am hopelessly outmatched in most online matches I'm in.

What's a good PS4 title that I can play periodically and isn't an online disaster where 12 year olds are shooting me in the back as soon as I spawn (yes, I know that sentence makes me seem old)

Skyrim, Fallout, GTA, etc. have been some of my favorites over the last few years.
The Witcher 3?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Saw that was recommended earlier in the thread. Leaning towards that or MLB The Show 2016.
The Witcher 3 is excellent, but it's very time consuming as well, but if you like games like Skyrim and GTA, then you're used to games with long playthroughs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Saw that was recommended earlier in the thread. Leaning towards that or MLB The Show 2016.
You are crazy if you like video games and don't play Witcher 3.

It was Game of the Year in media publications; I'd go so far as to say it was the Game of Many Years. I'd put it right up there with Skyrim. Maybe better. Different, for sure, more polish. But very very very good.

The only real excuse is that its a complete time drain. I played the vast bulk of it in the time I was engaged up until I got married. Since then I am not sure how I would have found the time to get anywhere close to completion, especially now that I have a kid.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The only real excuse is that its a complete time drain. I played the vast bulk of it in the time I was engaged up until I got married. Since then I am not sure how I would have found the time to get anywhere close to completion, especially now that I have a kid.

This is exactly my problem. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION] & [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] have either of you ran into a cut scene freeze problem on Uncharted 3?

I'm on Chapter 9 and the game keeps freezing in the same spot. I restarted the game and the system about 5 times and it continues to freeze at the same spot.

I've looked around the internet for a remedy but haven't found one yet. Thoughts?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
@Texas Ace & @mschmidt64 have either of you ran into a cut scene freeze problem on Uncharted 3?

I'm on Chapter 9 and the game keeps freezing in the same spot. I restarted the game and the system about 5 times and it continues to freeze at the same spot.

I've looked around the internet for a remedy but haven't found one yet. Thoughts?
Uncharted 3? Or 4?

I think I might have though. If it's 3, are you talking about the part where they are at the castle in Syria, I think it is? Nighttime, there are RPGs?

I had an issue there, can't remember what I did. Might have gotten a new disk.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Uncharted 3? Or 4?

I think I might have though. If it's 3, are you talking about the part where they are at the castle in Syria, I think it is? Nighttime, there are RPGs?

I had an issue there, can't remember what I did. Might have gotten a new disk.
It's Uncharted 3. It freezes in the opening cutscene of Chapter 9 where Nate is guiding a recovering Charlie through the caverns.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I saw a couple of sites where some gamers were saying that resetting/deleting the system data fixes the issue but i don't want to go that route.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I had a freezing issue at the part where they are sneaking around in Syria right before the guys with RPGs start shooting at them and blowing everything up. I think returned it for a new disc.

junk

Not So New Member
You are crazy if you like video games and don't play Witcher 3.

It was Game of the Year in media publications; I'd go so far as to say it was the Game of Many Years. I'd put it right up there with Skyrim. Maybe better. Different, for sure, more polish. But very very very good.

I have a 2 1/2 year old which is why I only really play for a few hours Friday/Saturday night.

Still might go with Witcher though. I can creep along I guess.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION] & [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] have either of you ran into a cut scene freeze problem on Uncharted 3?

I don't recall experiencing that, but I last played that game over 5 years ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
E3 is this week. Let's hope for Red Dead 2 along with a remaster of Redemption.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The new Spiderman game that Sony introduced looks outstanding. Looks like it has the potential to rival the Batman Arkham series.

Spiderman has always been my favorite superherooso I'm hoping this game is legit.

Top Bottom