Trading up for Cook or Hackenberg

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've never seen a team value QB less.
Not only that, but Lynch would be the last QB they want. They are in win now mode, but Lynch is arguably the QB least ready to play among the top 5. They won't waste a first on that and he won't last till their 2nd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not only that, but Lynch would be the last QB they want. They are in win now mode, but Lynch is arguably the QB least ready to play among the top 5. They won't waste a first on that and he won't last till their 2nd.
True, I think Cook actually would be the best fit for them. And I'm a big Lynch fan.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Isn't he projected as a mid-1st rounder by most sources? Seems like a long ways to go unless he falls quite a bit.
Yeah...it would be a big drop for sure, but we see drop every year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly teams are reporting the Cowboys have made calls to teams about trading back into the first for Lynch. Who knows though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He fits the Cowboys type of QB we would fall in love with. Big tall guy with the strongest arm in the draft and can run really well. Physically the package looks like it is all there.
Assuming Romo stays healthy, we're a good landing spot for him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:unsure

Carp

DCC 4Life
Remember when we were going to move up and Simp was having a temper tantrum...good times.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He fits the Cowboys type of QB we would fall in love with. Big tall guy with the strongest arm in the draft and can run really well. Physically the package looks like it is all there.
Really? Based on what?

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I would prefer defense at 34 but I think Cook will still be there if we want him. If Cleveland wants him at 32 surely they would have swapped with Seattle to get that last pick in the first round and get the extra 5th year on Cook's rookie contract.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would prefer defense at 34 but I think Cook will still be there if we want him. If Cleveland wants him at 32 surely they would have swapped with Seattle to get that last pick in the first round and get the extra 5th year on Cook's rookie contract.
I'd be all about Cook in the third. But with the defensive talent still on the board, I just can't do it in the second. Cook is probably gone by the third but oh well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No legit quarter back prospects left for Dallas this year. No one left that seems to be a prospect except maybe Cook. If he is there in the third round he might be worth a flyer. Chances are Kellen will be the backup.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No legit quarter back prospects left for Dallas this year. No one left that seems to be a prospect except maybe Cook. If he is there in the third round he might be worth a flyer. Chances are Kellen will be the backup.
And you know this how?

Carp

DCC 4Life
They tried to get Lynch, Den offered a better deal.

Top Bottom