Murray watch thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You trade McCoy because you supposedly don't want to pay age at RB yet you turn around and sign someone the exact same age who is more injury prone and less consistent?
He just didn't like McCoy, it wasn't about paying age.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
What good would those types of guys do us? Yes, I would much rather go with Randle, Williams, and one of the top rookies.

RB is one of the easiest transitions from college to pro in football. If you're good, you are usually good right away.
What good would they do? Totally depends on what role they have and how much they have to play, but it could end up doing plenty of good.

I think there is a pretty good chance Randle isn't even on the roster when the season starts. He's a moron that they can not rely upon. They seem to like Williams as a practice squad safety net, but I don't think they are at all comfortable with him assuming any kind of major role. If they are prepared to make him that cheap vet then fine by me. I'm just not sure they are.

I'm all for going the rookie route. Draft a talented young player to come in and be the guy. But personally I would part ways with knucklehead Randle and sign a proven vet to a 1-2 year deal at $1M per year or so with very little guaranteed money. This team is not a rebuilding project, they are trying to contend for a Super Bowl in a small window of time while they still have Romo at QB. I would not take a chance on misevaluating a rookie in the draft to find out he isn't a very good NFL player, or that he gets hurt, or that he struggles in pass coverage and risks getting Romo killed. They should cover their asses with a RB that has proven himself at the NFL level.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have kind of wanted an upgrade from Murray all along, that's why I was interested in the Peterson stuff.

Anybody judging Murray unbiasedly saw a tangible drop off in his running as the season wore on, he left a lot of
Yards on the field, I think he would have still been a valuable back moving forward I can easily see a rapid decline in 2 years.

I am still holding out hope on Peterson this might open up a trade possibility with a restructuring from Peterson.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe if you had phrased it as "Choosing just to acknowledge lost fumbles instead of all fumbles is cherry picking" it would have made more sense.
Did not think I needed to define cherry picking.:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm sure they knew he'd shop any offer back to Dallas, or in the very least they were aware that he knew very well what Dallas was offering. Philly knew they'd have to blow Dallas' offer out of the water.

Of course I seriously question the wisdom of employing this "weaken your division rival" strategy when it includes running off your own starter at the position first, then handing his money to a player who is not younger, better, or cheaper. And that position happens to be the most easy to find a cheap replacement...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Holy crap, the Eagles are still going to sign Matthews. 4 headed monster?
Good.... Let them tie up all their money in that position. I'd rather that then see them land a legit WR or improve their lines.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What good would they do? Totally depends on what role they have and how much they have to play, but it could end up doing plenty of good.

I think there is a pretty good chance Randle isn't even on the roster when the season starts. He's a moron that they can not rely upon. They seem to like Williams as a practice squad safety net, but I don't think they are at all comfortable with him assuming any kind of major role. If they are prepared to make him that cheap vet then fine by me. I'm just not sure they are.
The Cowboys signed Williams to a 2 year deal. That actually signifies to me that they would like for him to make the roster. What role or capacity that would be in I have no idea. I'm not really ready to part ways with Joseph Randle either. The guy was very productive when he touched the ball last year. Now he is borderline retarded off the field but that sort of stuff can be corrected. I want nothing to do with Dunbar. Looking at the roster though I'd at least like to add a veteran RB with some power. That way if we do draft a guy like Abdullah to be our main RB, we still have a guy capable of pushing the pile.

Top Bottom