Seahawks Stuff...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's great. He draws double coverage so catches like a retard can get open. Lord forbid Dez could actually get open. But what am I thinking? He can't beat single coverage much let alone double unless he just out jumps a DB that is on him like glue.
Smiles and nods. (No Dak sanctioned)

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. I don't think the guy is any smarter than other top QB's, and I don't think his passes are any more accurate...but he is easily the best QB at running the option and keeping plays alive with his feet. Him and Marshawn are a lethal combo.
I acknowledge his running ability. Dallas needs Switzer to show them how to defend the option.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Travis Frederick, Russell Wilson have tight bond
October, 9, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- For all of the studying the Dallas Cowboys' defensive coaches will do on Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, they will not get to know him the way Travis Frederick does.

Frederick and Wilson were teammates at Wisconsin for a season and quickly formed a friendship.

Wilson has won a Super Bowl and has become a national pitchman, but Frederick still sees the guy from Wisconsin.

"When I first saw him, he was exactly who he is now," Frederick said. "When he came in, he did those things that he does now back at Wisconsin. That was one of the things that made us so good that year is that we had him. He's a really good player, super explosive, does a lot of good things and he's a really good leader. The best thing I can say about him, I totally respect him as a player and as a person, and from what I know of him, everything you hear about in the media and on TV, that really is the true guy. You have to respect somebody when they're like that."

While Frederick's selection in the first round in 2013 was a surprise to some, it wasn't to Wilson.

"His love for the game was pretty remarkable," Wilson said on a conference call Wednesday. "I remember when I got to Wisconsin, one of the first weeks I was there I was watching film all by myself and he came in there and started watching it with me. I just remember how hard of a worker he was. I had the opportunity to always lift with him. I would squat next to him. He's putting 700 pounds on the bar and I'm over there squatting 300. Maybe. Just to be around him was always a great thing. I'm really happy for him. To get to watch him play on Sunday will be a really exciting thing. I love the guy to death."

Cotton

Staff member
Jason Garrett: 'This game is about us'
October, 9, 2014

By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys recognize the challenge of facing the defending Super Bowl champions and have the proper amount of respect for the Seattle Seahawks.

However, the quality of the opponent is far from head coach Jason Garrett’s primary focus as the Cowboys prepare for their trip to the Pacific Northwest.

“This game is about us,” Garrett said. “It’s not about them. Every week it’s about us. So you don’t want to get caught up in things that distract you from being your best.”

It isn’t hard to get Garrett to rave about the greatness of the Seahawks. When asked, he offers high praise for Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman and several other Seattle players and coaches. He acknowledges the challenge of trying to win in the NFL’s toughest road environment.

But the emphasis this week isn’t for Dallas really isn’t any different than any of the previous five weeks. It’s all about the process and all three phases of the game and all that boring stuff that sounds much smarter when the Cowboys have won their last four games.

“We focus on what we can do to the best of our ability,” Garrett said.

That’s a message that is repeated in various forms through the Cowboys’ Valley Ranch locker room.

“Honestly, they’re the defending champs, so anytime you go to play them I think it shows where you are as a football team,” tight end Jason Witten said. “But I think our team has done a good job of each week not even worrying about that. We’re just so focused on getting a win.”

It’s all about the Cowboys, who just happen to be playing the defending Super Bowl champs this week.

Cotton

Staff member
Hey, [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION], if we win this week will you start doing primers again?

Cotton

Staff member
Mutual respect between Dez Bryant, Richard Sherman
October, 9, 2014

By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The competition between Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant won’t start until after kickoff.

Sherman, arguably the best cornerback in the NFL and the undisputed trash-talking champion, had nothing but praise for Bryant this week, calling him “an incredible talent” and detailing his strengths to Seattle reporters. Bryant offered similar verbal bouquets for Sherman.

“It’s the same respect over here,” Bryant said. “We don’t have issues with one another. We respect each other very highly. We both love this game, and we know Sunday we have to go out there and try our best to help each team get a 'W.' I know that’s his mindset. That’s my mindset.”

Bryant and Sherman struck up a friendship after interacting at the ESPYS this summer. They exchanged phone numbers and text each other occasionally.

That doesn’t mean there won’t be some trash talking exchanged on Sunday in Seattle. The odds are it will be initiated by Sherman, who uses his sharp wit to try to rattle the receivers he covers.

“That’s just the nature of the game,” Bryant said. “I’m pretty sure he’s going to say something to me. I’m pretty sure I’m going to say something to him. But at the end of the day, when it’s all said and done, we’re going to congratulate one another and talk and take pictures and get back on the plane and go our separate ways.”

Assuming that the Seahawks stick with the strategy that helped them win the Super Bowl last season, Sherman won’t shadow Bryant, as the All-Pro corner lines up almost solely on the defense’s left side. However, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett made it clear that Dallas won’t shy away from going after Sherman with Bryant.

There are strategic reasons for that. The Cowboys could line Bryant up on the other side against cornerback Byron Maxwell, but he’s much more likely to see coverage rolled his way in that case. Bryant should have opportunities to work one-on-one against Sherman in the kind of matchup fans pay to watch.

It’s also the kind of matchup Bryant, who performed poorly in his 2012 trip to Seattle (three catches, 17 yards), craves as a competitor.

“Of course,” Bryant said. “But at the same time, it can’t be personal. You’ve got to go out there and focus on what the offense is doing and what the play calling is doing. You’ve got to go out there and focus.”

Bryant’s goal isn’t to show up his friend Sherman. It’s to help the Cowboys win in Seattle. Both are much easier said than done.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just being a hard ass though. Don't really have the time now.

Cotton

Staff member
We used to have a front page. Breaking news, ticker.
Yeah, that was kinda cool. I think we can still do that. Can't we, [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION]?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hey, [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION], if we win this week will you start doing primers again?
He will do videos and show his nipples, though.

Cotton

Staff member
Just being a hard ass though. Don't really have the time now.
The DCC is part of your life. If you cared, you would make the time, asshole.

Cotton

Staff member
My boy just won with the Cowboys against the Seahawks on Madden. Bradie Bottle Lock it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I acknowledge his running ability. Dallas needs Switzer to show them how to defend the option.
Im sure Jerry still has him on speed dial. Like when Switzer gave Jerry the scouting report on Murray.
:jerry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seahawks defense preparing for clash against Dallas run game

USA Today Sports

by Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports

18 hrs ago

  

RENTON, Wash. — In the 24 hours or so since the Seattle Seahawks' charter flight landed in Seattle after their Monday night game against the

Washington Redskins, Seahawks defenders heard all about the Dallas Cowboys' suddenly-dominant offensive line and power running game, with DeMarco Murray, the NFL's leading rusher.

Consider Seahawks middle linebacker Bobby Wagner not all that impressed.

Asked Wednesday if Murray is the best running back the Seahawks will have faced so far this season — after previous games against Green Bay's Eddie Lacy, San Diego's Ryan Mathews, Denver's Montee Ball and Washington's Alfred Morris — Wagner quickly shook his head.

"No," Wagner said. "It's Marshawn."

As in, Seattle's own starting tailback Marshawn Lynch, whom the Seahawks face in practice.

Wagner might be boastful, but it is something Seattle believes it has earned through its first four games. The Cowboys' running game might be ranked No. 2 in the NFL, but Seattle will point out that Lynch and Co. are No. 1, while Seattle's defense is allowing a league-low 62 rushing yards per game.

It's all setting up for a classic strength-vs.-strength game against the Cowboys Sunday at CenturyLink Field.

"We're fortunate we're getting them early, because a year from now, these guys are really going to be something," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said.

Seattle's successful run defense might not be a surprise, given the Seahawks' defensive domination over recent seasons that culminated in a Super Bowl title last season. The defensive line might look a little different now – with veterans like Red Bryant and Chris Clemons gone, and bigger roles for guys like Michael Bennett and Tony McDaniel – but the anchor remains defensive tackle Brandon Mebane, whom cornerback Richard Sherman described Wednesday as, "an immovable object."

It's allowed linebackers like Wagner and safety Kam Chancellor to effectively shut down any running backs that might happen to get into the second level of the defense. It hasn't happened often — no single running back has gained more than 38 yards against the Seahawks this season.

"We're the No. 1 run defense for a reason," Sherman said.

But Dallas' run game isn't a fluke — not with an offensive line that features three first-round picks (tackle Tyron Smith, No. 9 in 2011; center Travis Frederick, No. 31 in 2013; and guard Zack Martin, No. 16 in 2014) and a commitment to Murray, who is averaging 134 yards and 26 carries per game. After seemingly years of hollow promises to build a balanced offense, the Cowboys have finally done it — and it has been so far the perfect complement for quarterback Tony Romo, who had offseason back surgery.

"We feel like that's the kind of team we want to be. We want to be a physical team on the line of scrimmage," Dallas coach Jason Garrett said. "We want to run the football, control the game that way and then take your shots outside with the play makers that we have in the passing game. We've been a very good passing team through the years but we haven't been strong to the offensive line and we wanted to make this transition. I think it's' been a good one for us."

p1_

DCC 4Life
One Preview: Can 'Legion of Boom' halt streaking Cowboys?

By Jim Reineking
NFL Media editor
Published: Oct. 8, 2014 at 04:09 p.m.
61 Likes | 28 Comments

One reliable preview. One key factor to decide the game. It's that simple.

Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks (Sunday, 4:25 p.m. ET, FOX) -- It wasn't expected to go like this. The Dallas Cowboys were pegged in the preseason as an under-equipped squad incapable of making a run toward the playoffs. A team more likely to capture the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft than contend for a championship. The Seattle Seahawks, meanwhile, are essentially right where pigskin prognosticators figured, sitting atop the NFC West and primed for a midseason win parade. This week, however, the overachieving Cowboys stand in the defending Super Bowl champions' way.

Despite the presence of the famed "Legion of Boom," the offenses could decide the victor. The Seahawks and Cowboys rank fifth and sixth, respectively, in the NFL in points scored per game. The Seahawks and Cowboys also rank first and second, respectively, in rushing yards per game. Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray is on the precipice of history. Murray is the third player in NFL history to rush for 100-plus yards in each of his first five games (the other two? Pro Football Hall of Famers Jim Brown and O.J. Simpson). One more 100-yard effort will tie Murray with the incomparable Brown for most ever. In his career against Seattle in regular season games, Romo has a passer rating of 100.7, having thrown for 1,117 yards and nine touchdowns in four games.

Not to be totally outdone by the Cowboys' stellar runner, the Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch is off to a fine start as well, currently ranking sixth in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season with 76.5. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is coming off a career-high rushing performance with 122 yards in the Seahawks' win over the Washington Redskins on Monday night.

One magical play to remember

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo produced one of the top can't-miss plays of the 2014 season so far in Sunday's win over the Houston Texas. Romo escaped the clutches of Texans defensive end J.J. Watt on what appeared would be a sure sack, and then fired a long touchdown pass to receiver Terrance Williams.

"Certainly it's one for the ages with Romo," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said.

Great Moments in Air & Ground History

Cowboys 43, Seahawks 39 (Week 13 of 2004 season) -- Primetime viewers of pro football were witnesses to a score-a-minute treat in early December of 2006. The Cowboys scored 26 unanswered points in the second and third quarters before the Seahawks mounted a valiant comeback with 21 unanswered points of their own after the Dallas onslaught. Two late fourth-quarter touchdowns gave the Cowboys the win. This game was a box score bonanza. Cowboys quarterback Vinny Testaverde threw two touchdowns, and running back Julius Jones had a career game with 198 yards rushing and three touchdowns. Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck threw for 414 yards and three touchdowns, while running back Shaun Alexander had two touchdowns on the ground. Pro Football Hall of Famer Jerry Rice, playing in his final NFL season, had 145 yards receiving and a touchdown.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty sure Harvin and Chancellor are good to go.

Unger could be limited or out. They did sign C Patrick Lewis off of Cleveland's practice squad, which tells me they are a little concerned.

Top Bottom