Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That trade would be idiotic. I like Lawrence but not if it costs us a 3rd. There are 7-8 DL I would have no problem with in the 2nd. No way half of the guys taken ahead of us will be DL so a few, at least a couple of them will drop to us. Besides, the Eagles just got a 3rd for moving down 5 spots in the 1st. And last year we just received a 3rd for moving down a dozen or so spots in the 1st. Ludicre to give up a 3rd to move up in the 2nd.
Agreed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Eatman said on the Break that Dallas almost traded up for the #32 pick last night. Said Seattle called them and Stephen considered the offer but ultimately passed.

If that's the case it sounds awfully likely they move up from 47.
It wouldn't surprise me if we move up for Lawrence. I like him, but don't want to trade up. Let the draft come to you, and there will be a good Dlineman there for us at 47. And another in the 3rd. Just stand fast and take the BPA on the Dline and we'll be golden.

Then Jerry can play GM after that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That trade would be idiotic. I like Lawrence but not if it costs us a 3rd. There are 7-8 DL I would have no problem with in the 2nd. No way half of the guys taken ahead of us will be DL so a few, at least a couple of them will drop to us. Besides, the Eagles just got a 3rd for moving down 5 spots in the 1st. And last year we just received a 3rd for moving down a dozen or so spots in the 1st. Ludicre to give up a 3rd to move up in the 2nd.
Really hope we don't do this, I really like Lawrence but not enough to give up a 3rd

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It wouldn't surprise me if we move up for Lawrence. I like him, but don't want to trade up. Let the draft come to you, and there will be a good Dlineman there for us at 47. And another in the 3rd. Just stand fast and take the BPA on the Dline and we'll be golden.

Then Jerry can play GM after that.
I don't know the players like a lot of you guys that have been looking at them all offseason , but IMO they better have a strong first round grade on someone if they're going to burn their 3rd to move up. And they better be right. I'm not keen on the idea of losing that pick. Consensus from what I've read on the board is that these DEs they're looking at aren't worth it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Final cost of the rg3 trade

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't know the players like a lot of you guys that have been looking at them all offseason , but IMO they better have a strong first round grade on someone if they're going to burn their 3rd to move up. And they better be right. I'm not keen on the idea of losing that pick. Consensus from what I've read on the board is that these DEs they're looking at aren't worth it.
I think Lawrence would have a late first grade by a few teams. At least by the way it sounds from the so called draft experts on TV. But I'd still hate to lose my 3rd, or a pick next year to move up for him.

D

Deuce

I think Lawrence would have a late first grade by a few teams. At least by the way it sounds from the so called draft experts on TV. But I'd still hate to lose my 3rd, or a pick next year to move up for him.
I'd hate to give up a 3rd as well, but if it means getting a 1st rounder out of it it's totally worth it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Eatman also said that he believes they have a 1st round grade on WR Marqise Lee. Hard to imagine them moving up for a WR with so many needs on D though.

D

Deuce

Eatman also said that he believes they have a 1st round grade on WR Marqise Lee. Hard to imagine them moving up for a WR with so many needs on D though.
I would hope Shady McCoy has taught Jerruh a lesson on not passing up 1st round grades.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I would hope Shady McCoy has taught Jerruh a lesson on not passing up 1st round grades.
Is Lee not a player you want your Jags to draft so your boyfriend Bortles can have a talented young WR to throw to?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Have to think at THAT point, I'd consider trying to get another late second to grab a second one of them.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Trade 78 and 47 for 33 to get a guy who you had ranked at 22, then maybe-- if you don't think highly of the talent that will drop to 78. IMO this draft is deep enough and Dallas needs quantity and quality.

This is the reverse of getting Marc Stepnoski, Rhondy Wheston, and Willis Crockett for Steve Wisniewski. Wisniewski was a dominant guard, but Stepnoski was a solid enough center that taking a chance on Wheston and Crockett was worth the difference.

If you think DeMarcus Lawrence won't fall to 47 but Crichton will, then is Lawrence worth both Crichton and Jackson Jeffcoat?

In hindsight, Jimmy should have stuck with Wisniewski because Wheston and Crockett weren't worth the price it too to fly them to Dallas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here's how I see the 2nd/3rd...

332Houston TexansNix, Louis*DTNotre Dame
342Washington RedskinsMoses, MorganOTVirginia
352Cleveland BrownsSu'a-Filo, XavierOGUCLA
362Oakland RaidersCarr, DerekQBFresno State
372Atlanta FalconsEaly, Kony*DEMissouri
382Tampa Bay BuccaneersBitonio, JoelOTNevada
392Jacksonville JaguarsVan Noy, KyleOLBBrigham Young
402Seattle SeahawksMatthews, JordanWRVanderbilt
412Buffalo BillsSeferian-Jenkins, Austin*TEWashington
422Tennessee TitansHageman, RaShedeDTMinnesota
432New York GiantsHyde, CarlosRBOhio State
442St. Louis RamsBryant, Martavius*WRClemson
452Detroit LionsRichburg, WestonCColorado State
462Pittsburgh SteelersTuitt, Stephon*DTNotre Dame
472Dallas CowboysLawrence, Demarcus*DEBoise State
482Baltimore RavensKouandjio, Cyrus*OTAlabama
492New York JetsAmaro, Jace*TETexas Tech
502Miami Dolphins Lee, Marqise*WRUSC
512Chicago BearsSutton, WillDTArizona State
522Arizona CardinalsMettenberger, ZachQBLSU
532Green Bay PackersNiklas, Troy*TENotre Dame
542Philadelphia Eagles Robinson, Allen*WRPenn State
552Cincinnati BengalsSavage, TomQBPittsburgh
562San Francisco 49ersLatimer, Cody*WRIndiana
572San Diego ChargersAttaochu, JeremiahOLBGeorgia Tech
582New Orleans SaintsMartin, Marcus*CUSC
592Indianapolis ColtsTurner, Trai*OGLSU
602Carolina PanthersTurner, BillyOTNorth Dakota State
612San Francisco 49ersMurphy, TrentDEStanford
622New England PatriotsFiedorowicz, C.J.TEIowa
632Denver BroncosBorland, ChrisILBWisconsin
642Seattle SeahawksCrichton, Scott*DEOregon State
653Houston TexansMewhort, JackOTOhio State
663Washington RedskinsJean-Baptiste, StanleyCBNebraska
673Oakland RaidersRichardson, AntonioOTTennessee
683Atlanta FalconsWest, Terrance*RBTowson
693Tampa Bay BuccaneersMartin, KareemDENorth Carolina
703Jacksonville JaguarsHill, Jeremy*RBLSU
713Cleveland BrownsBrown, PrestonILBLouisville
723Minnesota VikingsDesir, PierreCBLindenwood
733Buffalo BillsBreeland, Bashaud*CBClemson
743New York GiantsYankey, David*OGStanford
753St. Louis RamsJoyner, LamarcusCBFlorida State
763Detroit LionsJackson, GabeOGMississippi State
773San Francisco 49ersBradford, Carl*OLBArizona State
783Dallas CowboysJernigan, Timmy*DTFlorida State
793Baltimore RavensMcGill, KeithCBUtah
803New York JetsLandry, Jarvis*WRLSU
813Miami Dolphins Reid, CaraunDTPrinceton
823Chicago BearsSmith, TelvinOLBFlorida State
833Philadelphia Eagles Dozier, DakotaOGFurman
843Arizona CardinalsAikens, WaltCBLiberty
853Green Bay PackersHerron, RobertWRWyoming
863Philadelphia Eagles Clarke, WillDEWest Virginia
873Kansas City ChiefsMoncrief, Donte*WRMississippi
883Cincinnati BengalsEllington, Bruce*WRSouth Carolina
893San Diego ChargersJones, DaQuanDTPenn State
903Indianapolis ColtsAdams, Davante*WRFresno State
913Arizona CardinalsMason, TreRBAuburn
923Carolina PanthersWatkins, JaylenCBFlorida
933New England PatriotsGaroppolo, JimmyQBEastern Illinois
943San Francisco 49ersExum, AntoneCBVirginia Tech
953Denver BroncosSwanson, TravisCArkansas
963Minnesota VikingsSmith, ChrisDEArkansas
973Pittsburgh SteelersGaines, PhillipCBRice
983Green Bay PackersBrooks, TerrenceFSFlorida State
993Baltimore RavensSouthward, DezmonSSWisconsin
1003San Francisco 49ersRichardson, Paul*WRColorado

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Have to think at THAT point, I'd consider trying to get another late second to grab a second one of them.
Yeah. Coming away with Jernigan and Crichton in that scenario would be fap worthy. This years 3rd and 4th do it? 3rd, 5th, 3-7ths?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Here's how I see the 2nd/3rd...
If we come away with Lawrence and Jernigan with NO trade ups, I will fucking shit my pants and fingerpaint my happiness on the walls for all the world to see.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
If we come away with Lawrence and Jernigan with NO trade ups, I will fucking shit my pants and fingerpaint my happiness on the walls for all the world to see.
:lol

If that happens it's definitely a "pix of GTFO" situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom