Cowboys could be a wild-card for Jared Allen...Signs With Bears

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Meetings are actually starting tonight?

Oh yea, the team has full intentions of trying to sign him as I suspected.

Whether they can agree on numbers remains to be seen, but this is not a due diligence situation.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What I find amazing is that all these DL...St. Louis is in the mix...like some dipshit that just around to jack the bets up.

They are set on the DL in terms of starters.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I am such a battered wife punk bitch victim of Jerry's mental torture, I would take either.

Pathetic.
Either one of them would be a good signing so I don't see what's wrong with that. I just think expecting both is unrealistic, if they somehow pull off some cap shenanigans and we get both, great.

All in all, we don't have that many large, long term deals right now. On offense we have Romo and Witten, with Dez and Tyron coming up, on defense we only have Lee and Carr, with a mid-level deal in Scandrick.

So basically if these guys are willing to accept deals which are somewhat back loaded, I don't think it kills our cap situation.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Teams must think Allen has a lot less left in the tank than Ware, otherwise it makes no sense how Ware got signed so quickly. Sounds racial; then again John Elway might just suck as a GM.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Teams must think Allen has a lot less left in the tank than Ware, otherwise it makes no sense how Ware got signed so quickly. Sounds racial; then again John Elway might just suck as a GM.
If anything, I'd venture to say that it is Allen who appears to have more left in the tank.

I just think Ware was fortunate to become free when Denver was going all out to win a SB. Just look at the contract they gave Talib.

It was the right place at the right for him. A team coming off a SB loss looking to put all hands on deck to get back and get one while Manning is still in the fold, and they play a 3-4.

I think it was a case of Ware being fortunate than what teams think of Allen.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We got our FA jewel in Weeden, everything else is just gravy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Either one of them would be a good signing so I don't see what's wrong with that. I just think expecting both is unrealistic, if they somehow pull off some cap shenanigans and we get both, great.
My bigger fear now is that we don't sign either.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm confused as to why you guys want to sign these guys? Especially Allen, since he's north of 30. I thought the wish was to crash and burn in the hopes of Jerry making wholesale changes across the board. Sign these guys and I guess they could help us back to 8-8. Maybe we could get really lucky and sneak into the playoffs at 9-7, earning the ginger nightmare an extension.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm confused as to why you guys want to sign these guys? Especially Allen, since he's north of 30. I thought the wish was to crash and burn in the hopes of Jerry making wholesale changes across the board. Sign these guys and I guess they could help us back to 8-8. Maybe we could get really lucky and sneak into the playoffs at 9-7, earning the ginger nightmare an extension.
I don't really care that much if we sign them one way or the other. I can acknowledge that they would be good signings and would help us next year, but the scenario you lay out is why I don't mind if we don't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never been one in favor of crashing and burning. The only effective way to do that is to outright cut Romo. Otherwise a healthy Romo will probably find a way to gun sling us to 8-8 anyway. If we aren't cutting Romo I'd rather try and legitimately build a studly defense and see what happens. Defenses can be built quickly.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
That's exactly what I want. Melton, however, is young enough that he could still be a factor once a necessary rebuild is done. Allen, on the other hand, will be done by the time he's surrounded with enough good players. So he's nothing more than a band-aid that helps maintain the current mediocre limbo we're stuck in. I'd rather have the cap space we would spend on him available in a year or two when one big time FA might actually put the team over the top.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree. Take this opportunity to get your house in order first and keep the 900 pound salary gorillas out of the mix for now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Allen has left as well.

Got Weeden. Definitely got him.

Top Bottom