Romo out for rest of season, per Schefter, per "league source"

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm fine with it...whoever we signed has no chance to succeed if Orton gets hurt.

Sucks for Kitna though...starts his HOF clock over.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN - Cowboys reach deal with veteran QB Jon Kitna, sources tell ESPNDallas.com; Kitna last played in 2011

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
As I recall, he was a QB who could play well without much prep. Wonder what we have to pay him for riding the bench for one game...
they were saying on 105.3 while ago he'll get 35k

dallen

Senior Tech
probably the best you could hope for

p1_

DCC 4Life
I guess Laufenburg and Brad Johnson were busy?

So, to answer the question earlier...this is Garrett's kind of QB.
Right. Only it's dink and dunk, not Dez friendly this time around .

junk

Not So New Member
I was just admiring my Kitna jersey in the closet this weekend. Glad I'll get to pull it out one more time.....well, I guess wild card weekend, divisional round, conference championship and Super Bowl......so 5 more times. Pretty exciting.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
Kitna's back? Wow, but he's so old. Garrett might as well suit up.

dallen

Senior Tech

dayum

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Kitna knows the offense better than anyone we could have brought in and is likely here just to help prepare Orton during the week and help him during the game, like an extra coach really.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
Kitna knows the offense better than anyone we could have brought in and is likely here just to help prepare Orton during the week and help him during the game, like an extra coach really.
Too bad we don't have a QB coach who could help with that kind of thing

Cotton

Staff member
I was just admiring my Kitna jersey in the closet this weekend. Glad I'll get to pull it out one more time.....well, I guess wild card weekend, divisional round, conference championship and Super Bowl......so 5 more times. Pretty exciting.
:lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
I was secretly rooting for Bledsoe.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo might play. No source just my opinion. I have had several of those injections over the years and they are pretty effective.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why the Cowboys wait on Tony Romo

December, 25, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- There are reasons why Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones are saying Tony Romo could play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles despite a back injury.

Near the top of the list is the competitive advantage. The Cowboys want to make the Eagles believe Romo could play for as long as they can. Since the inactives are not due until 90 minutes before the game, you can expect the Cowboys to take all the time necessary before making a decision, unless there is a decided downturn in Romo’s health.

Garrett said Romo and Orton are similar style quarterbacks. In a way he’s correct. Both can stay in the pocket and make all the throws. Romo, however, has more improvisation to his game and can elude trouble. With a bad back, that makes that iffy.

But the Cowboys do not feel the need to give the Eagles any kind of advantage by knowing Orton will be their quarterback in the NFC East matchup. Garrett is following the same protocol he has laid out on injuries all season. He has called Romo “day to day” because he calls every injured player “day to day.” The quarterback is the most important player on the team, but Garrett will not change how he has approached injury talk all season. He does not want to set Romo apart from how he has talked this season about Sean Lee, Morris Claiborne, DeMarcus Ware or Jason Hatcher.

Another reason Garrett has taken that approach is what happened last week with wide receiver Terrance Williams.

The rookie did not practice on Wednesday and Thursday because of a hamstring injury but was able to work on Friday. He played against the Washington Redskins and had four catches, including the second-biggest play of the winning drive -- a 51-yard grab.

“You’ve got to be careful making these proclamations about the future in regard to injury,” Garrett said. “You got to take them day by day and make your best evaluation.”

And he does not view a hamstring strain different than a reported herniated disk that will require surgery, as a source told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

“I think an injury is an injury,” Garrett said. “And the availability of the player, and based on the information that you have, again, getting feedback from him and the medical staff, you just try to make your best judgments.”

So we wait.

Merry Christmas to all.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Romo might play. No source just my opinion. I have had several of those injections over the years and they are pretty effective.
What about the risk of further damage if he were to play ?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What about the risk of further damage if he were to play ?
There is some risk but the injury damage has been done for the most part. The disc is herniated and bulging already and is putting pressure on the nerve. The injection will reduce the swelling and allow you to function reasonably well but it is a short term application. The herniation can be repaired later. Again There is some risk to performing with the problem but the damage is done already as far as the damage to the disc for the most part.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom