2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I didn't say anything about 'great' shape. I was talking about if he is in shape to play. Like his first year with us, when even though looked at as a lazy player off the field, he was still a difference maker on it. I don't care about training camp, full practice, or what ever. If he could come in and help us in a playoff run, that is ALL I'm interested in. Nothing more. And if he comes in fat or doesn't come in at all? BFD. Didn't cost us a thing.
We seem to have a more accountable team this year. Players are stepping up and filling in for the upper crust of the roster.

I don't eff with that chemistry.

No way. We are not great at LBer, but adding this turd back into the culture is not smart at all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We seem to have a more accountable team this year. Players are stepping up and filling in for the upper crust of the roster.

I don't eff with that chemistry.

No way. We are not great at LBer, but adding this turd back into the culture is not smart at all.
Yep I don't want guys like him around the team as well. He only promotes getting by.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't even think we need McClain, so given his attitude why bother?
Actually I think a player like McClain is just about our biggest need on defense right now besides the need for a Charles Haley.

But yeah his attitude makes it a "why bother" case.

But adding 2014 Seattle game Rolando McClain to this defense?

Boner alert.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Actually I think a player like McClain is just about our biggest need on defense right now besides the need for a Charles Haley.

Boner alert.
I think assuming for the sake of argument that he's motivated and playing well, adding a player like that would certainly help and be really nice to have. But not a must.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's good, glad we at least made an effort for an elite guy. Wonder what we offered. I'm sure the Jets wanted a second or more.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You have to kick the tires, but I think the jets wanted a 1st or at least a second. And I think there's too much risk involved to give that up.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have to kick the tires, but I think the jets wanted a 1st or at least a second. And I think there's too much risk involved to give that up.
If you remove all of the risk of off the field trouble I'd probably do a second round pick. But you can't simply ignore that. Hell it's why the Jets went ahead and drafted his replacement.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Boner alert.
I agree. But if by some miracle he could come in in shape with a passable attitude, this defense could certainly use the boost of physicality and attitude.

We all know he has a shitty mind frame and work ethic. That he loses interest over the long haul. We also know that he has game changing ability if his mind is right. A winning team with a chance to go deep into the playoffs might be enough to get his mind right. All we would need him for is a playoff push. Hold it together for a few games, then jettison his ass in the off season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Boner alert.
If you get McClain at his best days he is a beast. But I remember him looking like he wasn't even trying on the field last year. Like he just didn't give a shit. And maybe that was because our team sucked and he had just given up. Something that he wouldn't encounter this year. But at this point I don't know how you can trust McClain and not be concerned that it would mess with the chemistry this defense has built at this point.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
But this is Rolando McClain we're talking about so the chances of that happening are slim to none. There's a better chance of him having gotten even fatter than him being in better shape.
3/4nt hybrid= superbowl + thank you saban/garrett.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think assuming for the sake of argument that he's motivated and playing well, adding a player like that would certainly help and be really nice to have. But not a must.
Big assumption. The guy has never done a TC, never done full practices, always kept the team in limbo year after year as to whether he will play. He apparently is lazy even though he presumably works out on his own. Also is obviously self centered and borderline team player. The only thing I see that might motivate him this year is that Dallas has potential for a championship and he would probably crank up for the possibility of a ring. Beyond that I cant see him doing what he needs to do to be skill provider to the team in the long haul.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I wonder what a poll of the team would tell us. If you simply asked each man if he wanted Rolando on the team.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I wonder what a poll of the team would tell us. If you simply asked each man if he wanted Rolando on the team.
If they were to ask a player, Sean Lee should be the only one questioned.

Cotton

Staff member
Free at #4.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Since when does anybody give a shit about what Jerry says? Also, McClain would have to be activated and taken off the DNR list for him to ever cost us anything. Do you honestly think he'd be activated if he's not in playing shape? If he even reported, we'd get two weeks to decide to activate him or not. Do you honestly think we'd do that? I don't.
I certainly don't give a shit, but since Jerry does do things that make us go "WTF" I guess its just a head scratcher that McClain's name even comes up.

And, no I don't believe he would be activated if he weren't in shape, but I also recall the guy playing last year even though he was out of shape and totally demotivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom