MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe he just preferred to play QB and didn't like playing TE or FB. Why would that make him an attention whore?

When I played baseball I liked pitching, catching, and playing center field. Hated playing the other positions. In football, I liked to play WR and S. Did not like playing RB or CB. I think it's normal to have preference on what position you play in a sport.
So, he just sacrificed millions and millions of dollars because he just refused to play another position. It's either attention whore or spoiled child. One or the other.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Maybe he just preferred to play QB and didn't like playing TE or FB. Why would that make him an attention whore?

When I played baseball I liked pitching, catching, and playing center field. Hated playing the other positions. In football, I liked to play WR and S. Did not like playing RB or CB. I think it's normal to have preference on what position you play in a sport.
I guess it just tells me that he doesn't love football and being part of a football team. If he did he would have tried to make it at another position when it became clear no team wanted him as a QB. Sounds like if he can't be 'the guy' then he doesn't see the point. It is his choice and there is nothing wrong with that attitude, per se, but it feels like the attitude of a guy who can't stand it if he is not the center of attention. Just my opinion.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, he just sacrificed millions and millions of dollars because he just refused to play another position. It's either attention whore or spoiled child. One or the other.
It's amazing how you know what a person's intentions are.

Props.

Cotton

Staff member
It's amazing how you know what a person's intentions are.

Props.
Pretty obvious he gave up tons of money because he didn't get his way. Not much other way to look at it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Pretty obvious he gave up tons of money because he didn't get his way. Not much other way to look at it.
I disagree. There are plenty of ways to look at it. You said either he was a spoiled child or an attention whore for doing it. I'm only saying maybe he just didn't want to play those positions. He already had a shit ton of money from his rookie contract and endorsements. It's not like he was broke and needed to play for the money. All I'm saying is maybe... Just MAYBE there were other reasons besides the two you insist were the only ones.

Cotton

Staff member
I disagree. There are plenty of ways to look at it. You said either he was a spoiled child or an attention whore for doing it. I'm only saying maybe he just didn't want to play those positions. He already had a shit ton of money from his rookie contract and endorsements. It's not like he was broke and needed to play for the money. All I'm saying is maybe... Just MAYBE there were other reasons besides the two you insist were the only ones.
Oh, I agree. He very well could have just not wanted to play the position he was offered. Which means he forfeited tons of money because of that decision. What I'm saying is, the reason I think he did that is either because he is a spoiled child or an attention whore.

Cotton

Staff member
And there we go. Progress. :art
Yeah, it was kinda obvious it was my opinion from the beginning. No real way for me to know what is in his head. But, the fact that he gave up tons of money because he didn't get his way is pretty much fact.

D

Deuce

Maybe it's just pride. He's too proud to have had the success he's had at QB and be willing to just become some useless FB. Now I guess I'd wonder why he wouldn't go CFL, but it's a second class league. If he knows he probably won't get back to the NFl, no point in wasting time up there.

Plus he got an awesome gig right out of retirement and allowed him to focus on another endeavor in sports for over a year before his tryout.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, it was kinda obvious it was my opinion from the beginning. No real way for me to know what is in his head. But, the fact that he gave up tons of money because he didn't get his way is pretty much fact.
Sounds like a man of principal to me. :tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe it's just pride. He's too proud to have had the success he's had at QB and be willing to just become some useless FB. Now I guess I'd wonder why he wouldn't go CFL, but it's a second class league. If he knows he probably won't get back to the NFl, no point in wasting time up there.

Plus he got an awesome gig right out of retirement and allowed him to focus on another endeavor in sports for over a year before his tryout.
Correct. He didn't make all that money because he didn't get his way. So, either he is spoiled because he and his family already have shit tons of money, or he is an attention whore wanting to be the center of attention instead of just simply being a part of a team.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I really want to do some trash talking about this weekend series but I just don't have any right.:sad

The tide has to turn at some point right?:shrug

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I really want to do some trash talking about this weekend series but I just don't have any right.:sad

The tide has to turn at some point right?:shrug
It will. Texas probably has 1 more very good year left. Next year we lose Darvish and all the pitching that we have traded is going to start catching up to us. I dont know how much we will still owe Prince for a few years for sure. I think with the insurance its 10 million a year until done. Choo is always hurt as well. Beltre will be gone soon. :sad

Have to live it up while I can. So :laff

Jiggyfly

Banned
It will. Texas probably has 1 more very good year left. Next year we lose Darvish and all the pitching that we have traded is going to start catching up to us. I dont know how much we will still owe Prince for a few years for sure. I think with the insurance its 10 million a year until done. Choo is always hurt as well. Beltre will be gone soon. :sad

Have to live it up while I can. So :laff
I just want to win a series at this point.

Top Bottom