TV Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
They troll their own fans. I read an article prior to the season starting and Andrew Lincoln was talking about something happening in this season got him so worked up that he punched a wall because there was something so crazy that happened that he just lost it. He was probably referring to the finale scene...so we'll find out next year.

:flip
It is clearly a decision made with no regard to the story. It is just to try to make controversy between seasons to keep it in the news. AMC used to have Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Now it is stooping to soap opera tricks. It is a shame.

D

Deuce

Since the TV show tends to stray away from the comics, my bet is that it wasn't Glenn. My guess is that it's Eugene. You can rule out the women because after delivering the first blow Negan says "He's taking it like a champ." So it has to be one of the guys.
I didn't catch the "He" part, so good call. I do agree it won't be Glenn. He's too much of a long standing fan favorite for them to take him out without seeing much of anything or reactions from others. My guess is probably Abraham since he and Eugene had their bromance reunited and now he's hinting at baby fever. He's just too happy right now.

D

Deuce

It is clearly a decision made with no regard to the story. It is just to try to make controversy between seasons to keep it in the news. AMC used to have Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Now it is stooping to soap opera tricks. It is a shame.
You should have heard the bullshit reasoning by Kirkman on the after show. Basically said that the true story of this season was that the group was overconfident and thought they could handle any adversity as long as they were together and that philosophy was blown up by Negan since he had them all on their knees together. He said last night concluded that story. Next seasons story will be about who Negan killed and so revealing the death then will give conclusion to that story.

Eat a dick, RK.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I quit watching after the 3rd season I think. I just read how the season finale ended. Dumb.
Yeah I bailed then as well I keep up by looking at spoilers in here and by reading recaps at The AVClub.

I was just to bleak, especially knowing there were no goals to be attained other than making it through the day.

dallen

Senior Tech
You should have heard the bullshit reasoning by Kirkman on the after show. Basically said that the true story of this season was that the group was overconfident and thought they could handle any adversity as long as they were together and that philosophy was blown up by Negan since he had them all on their knees together. He said last night concluded that story. Next seasons story will be about who Negan killed and so revealing the death then will give conclusion to that story.

Eat a dick, RK.
It is just so clearly trying to ape the free marketing HBO got from the Jon Snow thing (being non-spoilery). But that is completely a fan driven. Everything that happened on screen has been in service of the story. The interest is in what will or will not happen with Jon next - not with what already happened.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Glad to see everyone coming around to how shit this show really is.

If it weren't for DVR I'd have stopped watching 2-3 years ago but it's just too easy to set the DVR and blow through episodes when I'm bored. The popularity of the show really speaks to how idiotic the majority of this country is, the show is not well written, shit just happens out of nowhere with no explanation or backstory and it's basically just a blood/gore fest for the simple minded types to stare at.

This stupid ass show could've been done in 5-6 seasons total but AMC clearly just wants to stall and milk it for all it's worth. I'd guess that at least 1/3rd of the episodes have just been complete filler bullshit. It really is astounding that this show is on the same channel that had arguably two of the greatest TV dramas of all time.

As an aside, The Americans is still straight up money.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fucking useless terrible horrible shitty show. Stoopid people watch it. Fucker shoulda been done long ago.

I still DVR and watch it, tho.

:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fucking useless terrible horrible shitty show. Stoopid people watch it. Fucker shoulda been done long ago.

I still DVR and watch it, tho.

:lol
Yea basically, I'm still somewhat invested in seeing what happens to the characters but it's a shitty show. I don't even remember like 75% of what happens anymore since I really just watch out of habit with half of my attention usually elsewhere.

For example, this finale which was supposed to be so captivating and such a watershed moment in the series, I watched it in about 5 25 minute bursts as I was doing other stuff, would get distracted, come back to it, get distracted again, etc.

I'd never do that with stuff like Game of Thrones, The Americans, etc.

Carl

RIP Brother
Not vouching for it, but have heard good things about the upcoming AMC The Night Manager. It was shown in GB in February.

D

Deuce

The 30 for 30 on the 90's Orlando Magic was great. My family had season tickets for the first 20 years and that team was so much fun to watch. I don't think I've experienced this city the same since that '95 season.

Carl

RIP Brother
The 30 for 30 on the 90's Orlando Magic was great. My family had season tickets for the first 20 years and that team was so much fun to watch. I don't think I've experienced this city the same since that '95 season.
Watching now. I saw Dennis Scott and Kenny Anderson, and for that matter Shaq play in person in College in 1990. Long time ago. Wow.
Also saw "The Glove". What an interesting year that was. Not sure that I ever went to a class.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Watching now. I saw Dennis Scott and Kenny Anderson, and for that matter Shaq play in person in College in 1990. Long time ago. Wow.
Also saw "The Glove". What an interesting year that was. Not sure that I ever went to a class.
Where the hell where you to see all those guys, was it in the tournament?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really am enjoying season 2 of Daredevil...Berthal as the Punisher is great casting.

As an aside. When Cox is Daredevil I like him...when he is Matt Murdoch, I don't care for it.

Carl

RIP Brother
Where the hell where you to see all those guys, was it in the tournament?
I went to the University of Tennessee in 1989-1990. Chris Jackson was playing as well for LSU. A good friend took me to see a game at Ga. Tech, which is where I saw Scott, Anderson and some other player who I can't remember.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Daredevil:

How the hell did Matt Murdoch find the Punishers hideout...he smelled a chain and then knew wherentogo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess people will compare Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad, but that is not fair.

This show is so good, on it's own.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I guess people will compare Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad, but that is not fair.

This show is so good, on it's own.
I haven't watched last night's episode yet but it's an amazing show. Odenkirk is prefect as well as well as Jonathan Banks. I think the writing is superb and I love seeing the pre-Breaking Bad characters.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Story of God with Morgan Freeman is excellent.

Top Bottom