Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't even know McClain was hurt. And I don't know who Joe Thomas is.
He was a Green Bay guy who we signed to the practice squad, who Green Bay has now signed off our practice squad. Basically a WGAS.

Glad to see McClain on IR. Shouldn't have made the team in the first place.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Kellen Moore being called up per Rapoport.

townsend

Banned
What picks do we have left? Did we give up a 4th? If so I'll be pissed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hmmm... Sure hope we didn't give up much. Not sure I like him any better than Weeden. At least the goofy ginger knows the playbook.

Cotton

Staff member
This tells me they don't have much faith in Weeden.

Cotton

Staff member
Hmmm... Sure hope we didn't give up much. Not sure I like him any better than Weeden. At least the goofy ginger knows the playbook.
Hopefully it's not much and a ploy to make Weeden try his damndest? Hell, I don't know. It's all I got.

townsend

Banned
The question is, why did we sleep on backup QBs for the entire offseason, when we knew we were fucked if Weeden started long term.

Cotton

Staff member

I was joking, but looks like it might be true.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I was joking, but looks like it might be true.
That's not bad then, actually.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This, I can live with.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The question is, why did we sleep on backup QBs for the entire offseason, when we knew we were fucked if Weeden started long term.
Who did you want to pick up that was available? I don't remember much being there.

townsend

Banned
Who did you want to pick up that was available? I don't remember much being there.
Honestly it all looked like garbage, and so does Weeden, and so does Moore, and so does Cassel. I guess I'm wondering why we're scrambling to make a trade now. Is Cassel gonna give us any more chance to win learning the offense on the fly?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We could have made this trade weeks ago though. Man our coaches tastes in QBs sucks donkey dick. Weeden is still by far our best hope in my opinion.

townsend

Banned
Weeden is still by far our best hope in my opinion.
Imagine having to go back in time three months and explain what has happened in the season so far, then drop that line on them. I'm pretty sure I would've tuned out if I knew we were gonna have to lean on Weeden through November.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Honestly it all looked like garbage, and so does Weeden, and so does Moore, and so does Cassel. I guess I'm wondering why we're scrambling to make a trade now.
Your original question was 'why did we sleep on backup QBs for the entire offseason?' By the sound of that, it seemed you thought there was something worth doing then. Guess not.

townsend

Banned
Your original question was 'why did we sleep on backup QBs for the entire offseason?' By the sound of that, it seemed you thought there was something worth doing then. Guess not.
Honestly I don't know. The question I have is if we were worried about Weeden as the safety net why did we not even attempt to look for anyone else.

Hell if we had just traded for Cassel in the offseason he would at least would have had a full camp with us..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom