Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If we truly thought he was the guy, you'd have thought we'd have moved into the first for him. Hell of a chance we took letting him fall as far as we did.
But we didn't have to, just like we didn't have to for Lee.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Odd selection from the Lions.

They have had a weird draft.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Absolutely. But if you grade him a first rounder, you're better he won't bust. So you make the move to get him.
I get it, they just better damn well be right. And by right I mean a 12 sack per year type for what they spent on him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. This trade definitely makes you think Jerry thinks we are oh so close. His inability to judge a draft and more importantly, judge his own roster, continues to be our biggest obstacle.
He's not judging anything. He's getting advice from our dumb staff that doesn't get the concept of value.

Again, like Lawrence, don't think he is worth what amounts to another player.

data

Forbes #1
Damn....TV is waaaaay behind where the draft really is right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The rest of the picks are going to be painful watching a lot of very very good talent go off the board.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry isn't even in the draft room. Spaulding has left too.

The night is done. Party time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really like Lawrence but I'm pissed that we gave up our 3rd and didn't just sit tight and see what fell to us.

I'm guessing the thought process by the team is that we have guys like Mincey, Crawford and Selvie at DE who are all presumably pretty solid players, but we lack that explosive element off the edge. Ealy and Crichton aren't nearly as explosive as Lawrence and I'm thinking that's why we made this move.

I wouldn't have given up that pick but I do like the player. Our DE's aren't horrendous with Selvie/Crawford/Mincey and now Lawrence, but we are still very thin at DT.

D

Deuce

I get it, they just better damn well be right. And by right I mean a 12 sack per year type for what they spent on him.
Absolutely agree. And if he is that, he's worth the 3rd. That's all I've been saying.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll bet we trade back in tonight. Jerry will use picks from next year to do it.

He's all in, thinking it will be enough, and Romo will only be here a couple more years.

Wait and see.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really like Lawrence but I'm pissed that we gave up our 3rd and didn't just sit tight and see what fell to us.

I'm guessing the thought process by the team is that we have guys like Mincey, Crawford and Selvie at DE who are all presumably pretty solid players, but we lack that explosive element off the edge. Ealy and Crichton aren't nearly as explosive as Lawrence and I'm thinking that's why we made this move.

I wouldn't have given up that pick but I do like the player. Our DE's aren't horrendous with Selvie/Crawford/Mincey and now Lawrence, but we are still very thin at DT.
The nose position scares me to death. I was counting on that third to get a guy like Jernigan (if he fell) or even a guy like Justin Ellis.

We can kiss that shit goodbye since we don't draft again until nearly 120 players are picked.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll bet we trade back in tonight. Jerry will use picks from next year to do it.

He's all in, thinking it will be enough, and Romo will only be here a couple more years.

Wait and see.
Feh.

He's too stupid to pull that off without giving up next year's first or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom