Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Manziel will be good for the Browns fan base.

The Manziel/Gordon combo will definitely create some needed buzz for the Cleveland fan base.

D

Deuce

I like Lee. But would absolutely hate the fact we missed on helping the defense again. I'd either make the pick of defense, or maybe trade down with a team that covets Lee. He's a good WR, but a desperate need has to be looked at too. Especially when the talent that matches it is more than worthy of the pick.
That sounds great. I'm sure Jerry had a similar mindset last night when Manziel was sitting there and nobody wanted to move up. If we can't move, pull the trigger. We need players everywhere and since we are such a pass heavy team, having a starting caliber talent in the slot would be great.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So now that I've had a chance to think about it, the pick was both solid and sensible.

Good player at a good spot.

I'm just so disappointed to watch us pass on a franchise QB, especially since I'd bet my life that the primary reason isn't because they didn't think the player was worth it, but because they wouldn't dare do anything that would make that bitch Romo even the slightest bit uncomfortable.

And while I certainly don't dislike the pick at all, I think people need to settle down with all the talk of running the ball. It wouldn't matter if we had 5 All-Pros on that line, Garrett is still our HC and Romo is still our QB who has way too much power on the offense.

In other words, you're still going to see your 10 rushes a game bullshit no matter what, and we're still going to have games where we inexplicable abandon the run.

The sooner that choking loser bitch of a QB is off this team, the better.
The reason I wanted Martin so bad is because Garrett's time here is almost up, but we will have a solid OL for years to come.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That sounds great. I'm sure Jerry had a similar mindset last night when Manziel was sitting there and nobody wanted to move up. If we can't move, pull the trigger. We need players everywhere and since we are such a pass heavy team, having a starting caliber talent in the slot would be great.
I didn't say anything about a trade would be guaranteed. I said if we couldn't trade, pull the trigger on the defense.

But I guess I can see the logic in going WR. With no defense, we'd need to score 50 to have a chance.

Cotton

Staff member
Listening to fans and media slam the Martin pick is comical.

Seems that people are mainly calling it a bad pick since we didn't go defense.

Do people not realize there are still 6 rounds of the draft remaining? We could very well land two quality defensive players today.

They act as if the Cowboys failed miserably just because they didn't go defense with the first pick.

If Sunday rolls around and we haven't done anything to help the defense go ahead and slam the Cowboys. But until then please STFU.
I haven't seen this bitching, but I haven't gotten on Twitter yet this morning. Maybe I should stay away from it for a bit.

Cotton

Staff member
We hope.

I wouldn't put anything past Jerry and his golden child.
True. But, it's what I'm clinging to right now.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I think Manziel is going to be a superstar. I could be wrong, hell I'm probably wrong. And honestly, maybe the circus around him in Dallas would have been too much and the world would have exploded....But the fact is, we have nothing to look forward to in the quarterback department for years to come. 34 year old bad back Romo with a penchant for heartbreaking interceptions and then after him, a bunch of turds. I don't know if we will ever have a QB in waiting until they cart Romo's lifeless corpse off of the field.

I just hate the way our team is run. Frustrating.

D

Deuce

I hate Broaddus. Don't crush my dreams so early on a Friday.

He "doesn't get that vibe" that the team would go with Sutton in the 3rd.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cotton

Staff member
I think Manziel is going to be a superstar. I could be wrong, hell I'm probably wrong. And honestly, maybe the circus around him in Dallas would have been too much and the world would have exploded....But the fact is, we have nothing to look forward to in the quarterback department for years to come. 34 year old bad back Romo with a penchant for heartbreaking interceptions and then after him, a bunch of turds. I don't know if we will ever have a QB in waiting until they cart Romo's lifeless corpse off of the field.

I just hate the way our team is run. Frustrating.
Looks like we will turn into a smashmouth running football team.

:unsure

D

Deuce

Looks like we will turn into a smashmouth running football team.

:unsure
Most teams with "technician" guards instead of with strength don't become smash mouth. My guess is he's perfect for the pass happy offense we want to run.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
NFL Radio just said something about Cowboys insiders talking about using next years picks to get extra picks in rounds 2 and 3. Named that Sullybaldhead dude as one. Saying this is such a talent rich draft, and next years being down.

Not really sure how I feel about that. I hate giving up picks from next year.
I do too but I'd love it this year.

I don't want to give up a future first though, and it usually means you have to pay a round higher.

If we wanted extra picks maybe we shoulda tried a little harder to move down first.

I like Martin, but I also would have liked Su'a-Filo at the top of the 2nd.

Cotton

Staff member
Most teams with "technician" guards instead of with strength don't become smash mouth. My guess is he's perfect for the pass happy offense we want to run.
I was joking, but Martin is a good run blocker, so he will definitely improve our running game as long as running plays are actually called.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I don't think I'd call Martin a "technician" guard. He's a strong guy. He can beat people up a little.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I don't think I'd call Martin a "technician" guard. He's a strong guy. He can beat people up a little.
I have read a few draft profiles on him that reference a little bit of nasty in his game. His biggest weakness is his short arms. He definitely has power.

D

Deuce

I just watched the video of their phone call to him. Jesus, Stephen sounds identical to his deddy. Talk about a buzzkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom