13) RB Bishop Sankey
14) DE Kony Ealy
15) TE Jace Amaro
16) TE Troy Niklas
17) DE Scott Crichton
18) OG Trai Turner
19) C Marcus Martin
20) WR Donte Moncrief

Hageman and Lawrence are down the list a little.

If for some reason Marqise Lee was there at our pick at 47, I'd actually consider him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we get Crichton, Ealy, Jernigan or Lawrence I'm going to start popping Molly for sure.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Possibility of back-to-back Notre Dame picks? We go with Tuitt or Nix?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Damn. There are still a lot of good DLinemen left. If we end up with 2 tonight, I'll be extremely happy.

Lawrence, Sutton
Crichton, Hageman
Nix, Jeffcoat
Tuitt, Sutton
Ealy, Jernigan
Martin, Reid

Gah...

~drool~

D

Deuce

Jernigan and Sutton/Jeffcoat will have me jerking it clean off.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Seems like Dallas will end up with solid value whatever they choose. I'm intrigued by the rumor of trading next year's picks to get into this 2nd round. Typically you have to trade next year's 2nd to get into this year's 3rd or next year's 1st to get into the 2nd. If the talent justifies it then fine, but that is definitely a gamble.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damn. There are still a lot of good DLinemen left. If we end up with 2 tonight, I'll be extremely happy.

Lawrence, Sutton
Crichton, Hageman
Nix, Jeffcoat
Tuitt, Sutton
Ealy, Jernigan
Martin, Reid

Gah...

~drool~
Any of those combos and we will have had the best first 3 rounds in.... well, as long as I can remember.

Cotton

Staff member
Seems like Dallas will end up with solid value whatever they choose. I'm intrigued by the rumor of trading next year's picks to get into this 2nd round. Typically you have to trade next year's 2nd to get into this year's 3rd or next year's 1st to get into the 2nd. If the talent justifies it then fine, but that is definitely a gamble.
The problem with that theory is, all the other teams also know next year's draft will be much weaker, so why would they give up talent in this draft to get more picks next year?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The problem with that theory is, all the other teams also know next year's draft will be much weaker, so why would they give up talent in this draft to get more picks next year?
Yep. You also don't know what Juniors will emerge and declare next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's hard to judge the strength of next years draft without knowing which underclassmen will declare. I mean the reason this draft was so strong was because it had a record setting number of underclassmen declare. The assumption is that it won't happen again next year and that's why it will be a weak draft. However it's possible that just as many underclassmen declare next year and it is good again.

Not sure any of that matters, I just don't know if you can judge the strength of next years draft at this point. The way you have to look at it is you'll probably be giving up a second next year for a third this year. Is that worth it to anyone?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cowboysrock55 said:
The way you have to look at it is you'll probably be giving up a second next year for a third this year. Is that worth it to anyone?
Probably not.

D

Deuce

Probably not.
Ya, I doubt it. But if we don't get a solid RE first, I wouldn't hesitate to give up a future 4th with our current 4th to move back into the mid-late 3rd and grab Jeffcoat. I like him a lot.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ya, I doubt it. But if we don't get a solid RE first, I wouldn't hesitate to give up a future 4th with our current 4th to move back into the mid-late 3rd and grab Jeffcoat. I like him a lot.
I wouldn't do that for Jeffcoat, but if a guy like Crichton was falling in the third for whatever reason, then I would.

Cotton

Staff member
I wouldn't do that for Jeffcoat, but if a guy like Crichton was falling in the third for whatever reason, then I would.
Oh, I would. In a heartbeat.

D

Deuce

I would do it for him too. But I think Jeffcoat is underrated on this board.

Cotton

Staff member
I agree. He is a very disruptive player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is a double digit sack guy with great bloodlines. I've pegged him as highly underrated for a long time now. I'd make that trade in a heart beat to get him.

Cotton

Staff member
Top Bottom