Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Listening to the PC, Jerry didn't say it outright, but they were shocked when they didn't get huge offers to move up for Manziel.

But props to them for sitting tight and selecting the non-flashy best player on their board. Or their best non-QB on their board.
I didn't get why people thought we would have all these trade offers if Manziel was there..the next possible landing spot was the Cards and a team could just trade to 19 if they were worried they would take him

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So now Jerry is a smart man. :lol

You're funny. Any other time Jerry is an idiot but lord knows when it fits an agenda.
He's not a smart man. I'm sure the whole organization was telling him we needed interior OL help, which is why they all fist pumped when we took Martin.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not a smart man. I'm sure the whole organization was telling him we needed interior OL help, which is why they all fist pumped when we took Martin.
Yeah, because there is no way they would have fist pumped regardless of who we took.:unsure

Keep calm everyone. Jerry knows exactly what he is doing and is totally listening to his scouts who happen to be excellent at what they do.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Garrett: Don't want to declare left or right side yet. Has shown position flex. He's played a lot of snaps at a high level. mentally and physically can handle it. We'll be a better offensive line, offense and defense - run the ball more and control the clock more.
:ez

:words

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I didn't get why people thought we would have all these trade offers if Manziel was there..the next possible landing spot was the Cards and a team could just trade to 19 if they were worried they would take him
I really wanted a trade down there, Martin, Moses, the Safeties, QB's all pretty much the same to me but an extra 3rd would have been magnificent in this draft, I probably would have taken that 26+83 from CLE, surprised Mia didn't offer big time for Martin.

cmd34

Brand New Member
Rest of the draft

DL: I'd really like to see us use 2 of our next 3 picks on the D line. Take your pick...Lawrence, Ealy, Nix, Tuitt, Hageman, Crichton, Murphy, Jernigan, Attachou, Sutton, Jeffcoat, Urban

LB: The Shazier love was real so maybe looking for someone to start/push Carter. Justin Durant should be worried (we save cap room if we let him go). Telvin Smith/Florida State or Yawin Smallwood/UConn Day 2, Kevin Pierre-Louis/Boston College Day 3

DB: This draft basically had 4 decent Safeties and they are all gone. Next year's Safety class is garbage. We may not fix one of our biggest weaknesses anytime soon. CB depth only if someone slips. Ed Reynolds/Stanford Day 2 or a guy who I really like: Lonnie Ballentine/Memphis (6'3"/219 lbs, 4.4 40 time, 33" arms)

OL: Really no need (who could have imagined this 3 years ago) except for interior depth in later rounds. Trai Turner/LSU Day 3

WR: Always smart to add WR's but Romo makes the most of whoever he gets. Marqise Lee would be hard to pass on at 47 but D line is too big a need. Bruce Ellington/South Carolina or Martavis Bryant/Clemson Day 2, Josh Huff/Oregon Day 3

TE: No need but that's never stopped us.

RB: With Murray's pending free agency it might be a bigger need than people think. Jeremy Hill/LSU Day 2, Jerick McKinnon/Georgia State Day 3

QB: Nope.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So now that I've had a chance to think about it, the pick was both solid and sensible.

Good player at a good spot.

I'm just so disappointed to watch us pass on a franchise QB, especially since I'd bet my life that the primary reason isn't because they didn't think the player was worth it, but because they wouldn't dare do anything that would make that bitch Romo even the slightest bit uncomfortable.

And while I certainly don't dislike the pick at all, I think people need to settle down with all the talk of running the ball. It wouldn't matter if we had 5 All-Pros on that line, Garrett is still our HC and Romo is still our QB who has way too much power on the offense.

In other words, you're still going to see your 10 rushes a game bullshit no matter what, and we're still going to have games where we inexplicable abandon the run.

The sooner that choking loser bitch of a QB is off this team, the better.

data

Forbes #1
THis moment tonight might be the best I've felt about this team in years.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Manziel isn't a franchise QB. Not to mention the fact that Romo's ridiculous contract makes him untouchable for at least 3 more seasons.

dallen

Senior Tech
Really happy with the Martin pick. Manziel would have been interesting, but we should be able to get a few more seasons out of Romo. 1st round QBs don't sit on the bench for long any more, and there is so much money in Romo's contract there is no way to drop him soon. If we keep focusing on the trenches good things will come.

Carl

RIP Brother
Just starting watching the replay on NFL network. Does Mayock not wash his hair, or does he not dare?

Carl

RIP Brother
So now that I've had a chance to think about it, the pick was both solid and sensible.

Good player at a good spot.

I'm just so disappointed to watch us pass on a franchise QB, especially since I'd bet my life that the primary reason isn't because they didn't think the player was worth it, but because they wouldn't dare do anything that would make that bitch Romo even the slightest bit uncomfortable.

And while I certainly don't dislike the pick at all, I think people need to settle down with all the talk of running the ball. It wouldn't matter if we had 5 All-Pros on that line, Garrett is still our HC and Romo is still our QB who has way too much power on the offense.

In other words, you're still going to see your 10 rushes a game bullshit no matter what, and we're still going to have games where we inexplicable abandon the run.

The sooner that choking loser bitch of a QB is off this team, the better.
Which franchise QB did we pass on?

Carl

RIP Brother
At least the NFLN lets whiny Mayock speak all the time; Kiper hardly gets a word in.

Carl

RIP Brother
There are no franchise QB's in this draft and to continue pretending with this narrative is just stupid. Its a draft with depth and maybe a few QB starters down the road, but no franchise QB's. End of.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There are no franchise QB's in this draft and to continue pretending with this narrative is just stupid. Its a draft with depth and maybe a few QB starters down the road, but no franchise QB's. End of.
IMO should be used here because at least one, probably 2 QBs in this draft will be franchise types.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What is interesting is our vet WR could come from this draft...I bet Stevie Johnson gets cut after the Bills added Mike Williams and now Sammy Watkins.

Carp

DCC 4Life
After thinking about it, Ward is a weird fit in SF...they toom Reid last year and signed Bethea. I guess he could play CB as Mayock suggested.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dallas gets the player and Cleveland gets the circus. On to round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom