MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I listened to a few sports talk shows yesterday and they were slamming MLB for starting the regular season in Australia.

No one knew the games were being played or on what channels. There was no buzz and none of the pomp and circumstance that usually comes with Opening Day. Plus the games were buried by March Madness.

It was just, oh BTW, the Dodgers and D-back played in Australia to kick off the 2014 season. Very dumb idea by MLB.

D

Deuce

It doesn't bother me cause baseball is a very niche sport. Unless it's your team or maybe the Yankees or Red Sox, nobody cared about that two game series. My small amount of caring was centered about my fantasy players getting off to a good start. Other than that, meh.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looks like Donnie Murphy is going to be our utility infielder now. Thanks Ed. You could have been nicer since we helped you out so much the last couple of years.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Mets could have an exciting year if Syndergaard plays well enough to be an early-midseason call up. Circle 2015 for them though, when Harvey-Wheeler-Syndergaard takes the league by storm.

I'd like another bat, though, even if guys like Ike Davis and Travis D'Arnaud pan out as consistent hitters.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Looks like Donnie Murphy is going to be our utility infielder now. Thanks Ed. You could have been nicer since we helped you out so much the last couple of years.
:lol

I noticed that. The irony is that he got squeezed off the roster by the more talented Mike Olt, who the Cubs acquired from the Rangers in the Garza deal. Gotta love it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I noticed that. The irony is that he got squeezed off the roster by the more talented Mike Olt, who the Cubs acquired from the Rangers in the Garza deal. Gotta love it.
I really hate you right now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Gotta love the Cubs, they are the model of consistency.

Rev

Staff member

What is even funnier is that where I originally saw it the headline said "Rangers trade for Cubs Murphy". I immediately said Oh Shit we just got hosed".. The player could have been ARod and I would still be happy only because we didn't trade with the cubs.

Rev

Staff member

What is even funnier is that where I originally saw it the headline said "Rangers trade for Cubs Murphy". I immediately said Oh Shit we just got hosed".. The player could have been ARod and I would still be happy only because we didn't trade with the cubs.

Rev

Staff member
Tanner Scheppers opening day starter for the Rangers.

Rev

Staff member
He's a very good pitcher. Just not Yu and has been pitching well in spring.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mets could have an exciting year if Syndergaard plays well enough to be an early-midseason call up. Circle 2015 for them though, when Harvey-Wheeler-Syndergaard takes the league by storm.

I'd like another bat, though, even if guys like Ike Davis and Travis D'Arnaud pan out as consistent hitters.
Thanks Rick Reilly.

Rev

Staff member
C.J. Edwards joked about his nerves Tuesday night after pitching in his first major league exhibition game.

“I wasn’t that nervous on the mound," Edwards, 22, said after allowing three runs on four hits and three walks. "After the first inning, my right knee started (shaking) by itself, and I looked around and tried to hold it down. But it didn’t work. I just sat and let it bounce."

“(Rizzo) comes up to me and he (whispers), 'hey, you want to play first base?' Edwards smiled. "I said, 'yeah, let’s switch.' ''

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...lass-a-daytona

Posting for remarks to Rizzo and not the outcome. Just thought that was funny.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
twins offense in spring training and their ranking out of the 30 teams...

25th in average at .244, 27th in OBP, 29th in slugging, 29th in OPS, 29th in runs, 26th in hits, tied for last in home runs, 29th in RBI, 27th in stolen bases, 9th in Ks

Looks like we've drastically cut down our Ks. :towel

Top Bottom