College Basketball Chatter

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No one pulled his tickets...he said himself he was embarrassed by how he acted. So he doesn't seem to think it is normal.
As a big donor, he should be embarrassed. But, as a fan, I can understand him saying OMG piece of crap in a sold out in a game winning situation after the player committed an intentional foul that could have injured one of my team's players.

Carp

DCC 4Life
:lol

Now he was defending someone who was trying to hurt his player. Ok.

Cotton

Staff member
ARod rounds 3rd and is coming into home and the play is close, so he bowls over the catcher. Fan yells YOU PIECE OF CRAP. Fan should definitely be denied entry from then on.

Carp

DCC 4Life
BTW...that was a clean foul, no need for fiction.

Cotton

Staff member
BTW...that was a clean foul, no need for fiction.
Really? Well, it was called. But I guess you know better.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Can a Super Mod ban a Super Mod??

:unsure

Kbrown

Not So New Member
ARod rounds 3rd and is coming into home and the play is close, so he bowls over the catcher. Fan yells YOU PIECE OF CRAP. Fan should definitely be denied entry from then on.
You aren't trying to draw a parallel between A Rod and a 19-year-old playing for a college team... right?

Carp

DCC 4Life
He was called for a foul...you know, how you do to stop a breakaway.

Cotton

Staff member
You aren't trying to draw a parallel between A Rod and a 19-year-old playing for a college team... right?
The idea was that all fans yell stupid shit at games. Piece of crap is way down the list.

Cotton

Staff member
He was called for a foul...you know, how you do to stop a breakaway.
I don't blame him for trying to stop him from scoring. I also don't blame the fan for yelling at the player trying to do so.

It's also stupid to assume the fan shouldn't yell doody head at the player.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It wasn't called an intentional foul either.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't blame him for trying to stop him from scoring. I also don't blame the fan for yelling at the player trying to do so.

It's also stupid to assume the fan shouldn't yell doody head at the player.
A 60 year old man calling a 19 year old college athlete a piece of crap is pretty immature. If it was the student section, sure, but a man his age acting like that is stupid. At least he got his apology out...on the school website.

Cotton

Staff member
A 60 year old man calling a 19 year old college athlete a piece of crap is pretty immature. If it was the student section, sure, but a man his age acting like that is stupid. At least he got his apology out...on the school website.
I would agree with you had the guy said that say in the parking lot after the game, but at the end of a game (where the fan is still in the stands in his seat) where his team beating the #19 team in the nation where the opposing player just fouled his player... not so much.

Cotton

Staff member
Now, on to watching Walking Dead.

Peace.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would agree with you had the guy said that say in the parking lot after the game, but at the end of a game (where the fan is still in the stands in his seat) where his team beating the #19 team in the nation where the opposing player just fouled his player... not so much.
I don't find myself ever agreeing with you but on this issue I must say I am. The fan really didn't do anything wrong if that's all he said.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not an intentional foul anymore where he was trying to hurt his player...instead he acted that way because they were beating the #19 team in the nation. Spin mode...engaged.

D

Deuce

I don't find myself ever agreeing with you but on this issue I must say I am. The fan really didn't do anything wrong if that's all he said.

That's what I'm questioning. A fan with a history of abuse towards opposing players as evidenced by so many talking about him on twitter today and a snap reaction by a player that isn't normal for such a low level insult. "piece of crap" was probably just the last straw.

Cotton

Staff member
"A piece of crap" is going to go down in DCC lore.

As the worst insult evar.

Cotton

Staff member
[/B]That's what I'm questioning. A fan with a history of abuse towards opposing players as evidenced by so many talking about him on twitter today and a snap reaction by a player that isn't normal for such a low level insult. "piece of crap" was probably just the last straw.
I highly doubt Smart knew of this fan's history.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
"A piece of crap" is going to go down in DCC lore.

As the worst insult evar.
You're ignoring what's been said about the guy's history and the circumstances around the incident, and intentionally reducing it down to 'piece of crap ain't so bad' in order to claim that what we are saying about the guy being a turd who might not oughta be the school's official unofficial #1 fan is so ridiculous as to be unworthy of discussion.

But, whatever. Raider power.

Top Bottom