College Basketball Chatter

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am not defending what he said, but what I am saying is if all he yelled was "you piece of crap" it's stupid for him to be railroaded over it.
He railroaded himself because he knew he was out of line. Silly for an old man to do that...it's not something everyone does either.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
For the record, the only player I've ever heckled was Carlos Lee, and he played for my team, and all I yelled was that he was stealing money. :unsure

Carp

DCC 4Life
Generally I am at games with my kids...so I am not going to do that shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He railroaded himself because he knew he was out of line. Silly for an old man to do that...it's not something everyone does either.
Yeah, he's a despicable human being for yelling you piece of crap at a sports function. That is hilariously retarded.

Cotton

Staff member
I haven't...been at games where hecklers got after players and it is uncomfortable and stupid. I guess you do it though.
Sure I have yelled you suck at games. I guess you are just a better person than me.

Cotton

Staff member
Generally I am at games with my kids...so I am not going to do that shit.
Good man. But, I don't think I have ever had my kids with me while attending a sporting event.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah, he's a despicable human being for yelling you piece of crap at a sports function. That is hilariously retarded.
Again...he volunteered to give up his tickets.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sure I have yelled you suck at games. I guess you are just a better person than me.
Never said anything of the sort, but it involves TTU, so emotions are running high.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep. Sounds like he's not the despicable human being he is being made out to be. I doubt he actually has to do that, though, once this all settles.

Cotton

Staff member
Never said anything of the sort, but it involves TTU, so emotions are running high.
You are arguing something retarded, so yeah, I'm going to respond.

Cotton

Staff member
Yet again, had he said something so stupid as a racial slur you would see my posts look way different, but once it came out that he just called him a piece of crap, no way am I demonizing this guy.

He didn't do anything most of us (sans Saint Carp) haven't done many times.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
And I like to imagine that TTU's AD dramatically folded them back into his hand and said, "No, no... We need you... Now more than ever."

In all seriousness, this brings up another issue, how boosters get a platform to do and say whatever they want at universities. Like that one rich yokel who trashed Charlie Strong.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You are arguing something retarded, so yeah, I'm going to respond.
Tell me what it is that I am arguing. I said the guy was out of line for calling a 19 year old a piece of crap.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yet again, had he said something so stupid as a racial slur you would see my posts look way different, but once it came out that he just called him a piece of crap, no way am I demonizing this guy.

He didn't do anything most of us (sans Saint Carp) haven't done many times.
I don't know what you are getting so silly for. Not coming after you at all.

Cotton

Staff member
And I like to imagine that TTU's AD dramatically folded them back into his hand and said, "No, no... We need you... Now more than ever."

In all seriousness, this brings up another issue, how boosters get a platform to do and say whatever they want at universities. Like that one rich yokel who trashed Charlie Strong.
I would agree with this. Boosters shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want. But yelling you piece of crap isn't something I would deem worthy of yanking privileges.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know what you are getting so silly for. Not coming after you at all.
It's a normal thing for people at games to yell stupid shit. "piece of crap" isn't even in the top 20.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I would agree with this. Boosters shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want. But yelling you piece of crap isn't something I would deem worthy of yanking privileges.
I was talking more about having his official correspondence posted on the university website. The man is clearly an asshat with a history of being an asshat, but he is one of their boys. Ridiculous.

Cotton

Staff member
I was talking more about having his official correspondence posted on the university website. The man is clearly an asshat with a history of being an asshat, but he is one of their boys. Ridiculous.
Again, I agree with you. But, it's not like this isn't something that happens nationwide.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's a normal thing for people at games to yell stupid shit. "piece of crap" isn't even in the top 20.
No one pulled his tickets...he said himself he was embarrassed by how he acted. So he doesn't seem to think it is normal.

Top Bottom