College Basketball Chatter

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Again...he has a history. He is not entitled to feel like he can engage opposing players...but by the university excusing his other antics they look like enablers.
Yep.

Carp

DCC 4Life
God...his official statement was posted on the school website. That seems normal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would think if piece of crap is all that was said, he wouldn't be punished as severely.
You mean for the player or the fan? The fan wasn't punished at all. He volunteered to give up his seat. Of course, you can always come back with he gave it up under duress from the university, but we will never know that.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
God...his official statement was posted on the school website. That seems normal.
He is as vital to school pride as that zorro guy on the horse. Or the kid who yanks it into the bell.

Cotton

Staff member
Again...he has a history. He is not entitled to feel like he can engage opposing players...but by the university excusing his other antics they look like enablers.
First, he didn't engage the player. Second, I agree with you that if he has engaged players in the past (which he hasn't) he should be banned from the games.

It's silly to think that calling a player a piece of crap would get you banned from a game, though.

Now, outside of flipping one player off, if he has done more than that, he shouldn't get to come to any more games, but it doesn't seem he has, and he has been to a shit ton of games it seems.

Cotton

Staff member
He's a big time donor. I would guess they owe him that.

Cracks me up that this is such a huge deal.

Cotton

Staff member
He is as vital to school pride as that zorro guy on the horse. Or the kid who yanks it into the bell.
:lol

You really have a hardon for this, don't you?

Carp

DCC 4Life
First, he didn't engage the player. Second, I agree with you that if he has engaged players in the past (which he hasn't) he should be banned from the games.

It's silly to think that calling a player a piece of crap would get you banned from a game, though.

Now, outside of flipping one player off, if he has done more than that, he shouldn't get to come to any more games, but it doesn't seem he has, and he has been to a shit ton of games it seems.
He didn't engage the player? Come on man...that is exactly what he did. Some other players said the same guy did stuff like this before.

Cotton

Staff member
If the fan called him a piece of crap, then he is exonerated in my mind. He didn't do anything that one of thousands of us have done in the same situation. It's actually silly to suggest otherwise.

Cotton

Staff member
He didn't engage the player? Come on man...that is exactly what he did. Some other players said the same guy did stuff like this before.
Yeah, from his seat he yelled something. OMG! HE GOT IN HIS FACENSTUFF!

Right.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If the fan called him a piece of crap, then he is exonerated on my mind. He didn't do anything that one of thousands of us have done in the same situation. It's actually silly to suggest otherwise.
I can tell you right now I have not done that a pro or college game before.

D

Deuce

You mean for the player or the fan? The fan wasn't punished at all. He volunteered to give up his seat. Of course, you can always come back with he gave it up under duress from the university, but we will never know that.
A guy who goes as far as to make most road trips a year doesn't give up his tickets in the season unless you're told to do it or be banned. TT wouldn't result to that over a "piece of crap" statement.

Cotton

Staff member
Listen, I was all kinds of ready to demonize this dude if he said some of the things that was first reported, but once it came out that he called the player a piece of crap... GTFO of here.

Cotton

Staff member
I can tell you right now I have not done that a pro or college game before.
Have you ever yelled "YOU SUCK"?

Yeah, same thing.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
:lol

You really have a hardon for this, don't you?
Like I said, it annoys me that an adult male with a career and a family and enough money to give it away to a university generally can be a jackass and yell insults at college kids with at best indifference from and at worst tacit approval from the university, while the kid faces official penalties and "needs to have thicker skin."

Call it what you like.

Cotton

Staff member
A guy who goes as far as to make most road trips a year doesn't give up his tickets in the season unless you're told to do it or be banned. TT wouldn't result to that over a "piece of crap" statement.
My guess is he will be at the next game. It was only reported that he volunteered to give up his seat, not that it happened.

Cotton

Staff member
Like I said, it annoys me that an adult male with a career and a family and enough money to give it away to a university generally can be a jackass and yell insults at college kids with at best indifference from and at worst tacit approval from the university, while the kid faces official penalties and "needs to have thicker skin."

Call it what you like.
I am not defending what he said, but what I am saying is if all he yelled was "you piece of crap" it's stupid for him to be railroaded over it.

Top Bottom